Doncasters

2.2

Doncasters Chairman & CEO Tariq Jesrai
Tariq Jesrai
1 Rating

not a bad company, just bad location

Former Employee - Sales in Anniston, AL
    Former Employee - Sales in Anniston, AL

I worked at Doncasters full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ability to advance, great people to work with

Cons

lived in alabama, not alot of flexability

invest more money in equipment

Not what I was hoping it would be

Former Employee - Contracts in Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Contracts in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Doncasters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

In hind-sight there were no pros. I was hoping this position would help take my career to the next level

Cons

Most employees were very unhappy & many left during my first 3-4 months there including the manager who hired me.

Stop being so hostile and abusive

Lousy management, dangerous co-workers, hazardous manufacturing area

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Doncasters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

some pretty women work there

Cons

choose your favorite reason for not wanting to work at a company, and Doncasters will fit

Good people, horrible GM/President

Former Employee - Management in Chula Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Management in Chula Vista, CA

I worked at Doncasters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good engineers, maintenance, employees; a lot of employees work hard to make a good product and make the company successful, an honest group of people loyal to the company.

Cons

Terrible, oppressive GM/President - a bully; too many upper-management people that end up confusing operations instead of streamlining them; good old boy network with friends of GM/President; union was brought in recently due to terrible employee relations

Fire GM/President, reduce upper-management people, treat employees fairly

Excellent management and experienced team with capacity to grow!

Current Employee - Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Current Employee - Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been working at Doncasters full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Experienced leadership and great culture. Opportunities for growth in forging, machining and assembly of drivetrain products (Axles, Transfer Cases).

Cons

Career growth and limited customer base.

Diversify products and customer base.

Very Disappointing for Hourly workers.

Current Employee - CNC Machinist in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - CNC Machinist in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Doncasters

Pros

Basic Health Care, Below hourly wages, Dental Insurance, Yearly "Hot Dog" Picnic.

Cons

No "Cost-of-Living" Raise in 5 years. While Management "Reaps" in Their Bonuses" the Word "Status Que" really means a lot. 2011 was Physically a "Work Harder" & not "Smarter" year. Non Educated Management has produced Hourly workers to seek employment else where. Low hourly wages (Region & Nationally ) are below the 50% margin.

Heard of Erie Bolt losing 65% of their work force to General Electric?? Greenville,S.C. now has a new GE (Aviation) Facility along with their Turbine Facility. Shortage of CNC-Machinist to Newly Plants(ZF Transmission ) , Boush Rex Roth, And other facilities will make "Specialty Bar Products" wish they would have Vested in Their few workers ,Instead of giving Bonuses to Higher ups . I see an "ERIE BOLT" moment by the end of Summer!!

Satisfied, but not ideal.

Current Employee - Can't Say. .
    Current Employee - Can't Say. .

I have been working at Doncasters

Pros

Doncasters, Inc. is based in the UK with subsidiary companies in Europe and the US. On the US side, we have great benefits- health, dental, vision and great 401K matching/vesting.
    Within my subsidiary, management is flexible with mixing work and family obligations and overtime is rarely required. Other pluses at least within my subsidiary, is that my colleagues on all levels are easy to get along with, my current boss allows for a lot of autonomy if you are a competent, valued, and trusted employee. Since the corporation is based overseas, there are plenty of business travel opportunities throughout Europe and sometimes other locales.

Cons

In the current economic climate, Doncasters is suffering along with many other corporations since it mostly manufactures products for other industries such as industrial and automotive. Many of it's subsidiary companies are laying off employees and incorporating work furloughs to compensate for the lack of production work. Within my subsidiary, salaries are usually on the lower end of the range, unless management is trying to attract better talent. I can't speak for Doncasters as a whole, but within my subsidiary, the lack of growth and promotion within my own subsidiary is another factor on the downside. There are several other negative factors, but if I went into further detail, it would be easy to figure out which company I work for within the corporation. Overall, I can't complain too much, as no job is perfect, but the things that were promised to me upon hiring never panned out and as an employee I am loyal and hardworking, but feel that this company just treats its workforce like they are just "another number" or worker bee.

I have endless feedback and advice, but I won't go there.

Extremly busy, but not as good a use of time as could have been.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Shrewsbury, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Shrewsbury, England (UK)

I have been working at Doncasters full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Big company, great reputation, skilled workforce. Lots of good people.

Cons

Very slow to react, senior management totally out of touch with the real world. Very old fashioned structures and management live behind shuttered offices and appear aloof.

Listen to what people at the sharp end suggest. Don't be afraid to change things. Try to move with the times.

Not the best company to start career as a graduate.

Current Employee - Graduate
    Current Employee - Graduate

I have been working at Doncasters

Pros

If you join the company at senior management, remunerations can be great.

Cons

Majority of management staff have come through the shop floor level and feel that gradutes are a threat thus undermining their prescence. The company does not pay competitive wages, the difference in the wage structure is shocking. Some of the sites work on conventional methods of manufacturing, training budget is zero, Shocking company to work for, I feel that I have wasted my 2 years.

Middle management have to start accepting graduates in the business rather than seeing them as a threat.