Donna Independent School District

Be The First To
Add Photos

Donna Independent School District Superintendent Roberto F. Loredo

Roberto F. Loredo

Great experience and realized it after being able to compare to new district

Teacher (Former Employee) Donna, TX

ProsThe training provided and support given is amazing in the schools I was at in this district compared to the district I ended up at in another state. Teachers really truly care about the kids and are very dedicated. This is where I started teaching so didn't know any better. When I moved to FL and began working in a much larger district, I realized most things about the district and teachers at the school I was at was so far behind where I came from. Technologically advanced and looking for new innovative instruction. The pay is better and more organized here than the district in FL I went to.

ConsAs anywhere, when a person or group ends up not liking you or taking offense to you, it is clear to see that they will do whatever they can to get you to leave or turn things around making in nearly impossible to come back. Luckily, I was never in that position, but I did see it happen to others and I have seen this happen at many prior places of employment. That goes for many people that are able to make the right influence on the right people will move up easier than others for advancement opportunities, which as well is general for most companies I have seen as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to always listen to the teachers and continually get their advice on changes. When teachers are happy and feeling heard, everyone will be more successful.

Being a teacher is a challenging job no matter where you are

Teacher (Current Employee) Donna, TX

ProsGood salary and benefits considering cost of living. I enjoyed working with the students and teachers, and I worked with a great team of teachers. Like most jobs, a lot depends on your co-workers, but I had great experiences the two years I was there.

ConsDid not receive enough relevant professional development for my position, and I was moved to a different content area my second year without any training in the content. There is too much focus on standardized testing, but that is a larger issue outside of the district's control.

Great Students, Great Co-Workers but lack of administrative support makes for frustrating environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Donna, TX

ProsThe best reason to work at DISD is every teacher's best reason- summers off. Other than that it is not any better and quite worse than other districts in the Valley. Also, the district is supportive of obtaining higher education.

ConsThe lack of direction and focus from administration makes it a difficult place to work. There are no consequences for staff or students that are consistently applied making everyone of different pages.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs mentioned above, there is a need for consistency in expectations and enforcement of those expectations for both staff and students.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful experience

ProsGreat staff to work with and administration

ConsResources are not always available

Worked for Donna Independent School District? Contribute to the Community!