Donnelly Communications

Updated October 16, 2014
Updated October 16, 2014
1.8

Dennis E. McMaster

Under paid, short breaks, rude staff

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The building has a great cafe.

Cons

They will mess up your checks. Sends you home early cause their slow at the time. Management is horrible. Bad pay.

Read Entire Review ! !

Former Employee - Guest Response Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Guest Response Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great employees with awesome leadership potential.

Cons

JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/SALARY

This company starts you at $9/Hour working 40 a week.
    Typically, you'll be trained on 2-3 clients (Sonic Drive-In, Checkers, Steak and Shake)
    You'll hear customer complaints all day while being required to have a high level of proficiency in filing reports.

Next they'll train you on 2-3 additional clients, on top of those that you already have (Quiznos, Cold Stone Cr emery, and Midas car servicing Co.)
    ..while still paying you $9 for 40/a week.

Then after demonstrating a high level of proficiency, they will train you on catalog companies such as Coach, Coach Factory, Paul Frederick, Griots, and Bailey's)
    Here, you'll be responsible for up-selling customers on items and assisting them in making sure their order is processed.
    ...while getting paid no commission, and still paying you $9 and hour 40 hours/week

So far you'll have an average of 9-12 clients, which keeps you pretty busy with various prompts to read to customers.
    No bonuses or incentives are given for high performance, in fact, at $9 an hour, you can only expect to get ridiculed for any mistakes you make along the way.

The wonderful Quality Assurance staff rates you on your ability to meet all necessary requirements for each call. An 85% is considered passing and your grade greatly depends on your ability to say things like "I'd be MORE than happy to assist you" rather that "I'd be happy to assist you" (Nitpicky things like that)

They send any policy changes via email without attaching a confirmation of receipt confirming that we have receive it. This means if you don't check your email account for changes, that's their excuse for penalizing you for the next performance review which will reduce your quality score, decreasing your chances for getting a raise. Unprofessional.

That way, when it's time for a performance review, your average performance rate won't be proficient enough for Donnelly to give you a $0.25 raise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATMOSPHERE

I've seen people get hired with the most joyful personalities and after 2 short months, their spirits are GONE coming and leaving each day.

It seems that the only one that is consistently happy and in good spirits is the CEO who comes in every now and again patronizing us about how he was once in our shoes when he started this company. However, one can't put him at fault for following his dreams in starting this company, after all, after 19 years of persistence, he now has over 156 employees paying HIS salary.

VALUES

We are to exemplify the core christian values of this company that obviously aren't worth much to upper level management other than the posters that they're written on.

There are employees older than this entire company working here, but getting paid the same salary as the cooks and cashiers from the food establishments that they file complaints for! Oh, let's say someone calls and compliments you about your level of professionalism in handling their complaint, the management prints out a flimsy, rinky-dink piece of paper that said "Good job".

This company is everything you'd expect from a 9-5 job. Short Breaks. Very high turnover rates. Low pay.

CONCLUSION

One would try to be grateful for having a job, since many do not. However, after working hard for this company, you'd think employees would get more respect, recognition or kudos for keeping it in existence.

It seems that no one has control over employee dissatisfaction. The middle management team/supervisors assist the best way they can with schedule changes (for the most part) However, when it comes to blowing the lid off of the company due to their unethical business practices that affect company morale, they all seem to be following orders from an invisible realm of upper hierarchy.

Customer Service Representative

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (less than an year)

Pros

decent pay, opportunity for OT, good hours, Christian Company, nice office, opportunity to advance quickly

Cons

commute, sent home early when calls are slow, breaks are not long

Dont say one thing in the job offer then when training starts its something different. Their biggest problem is inconsistency. The compensation is not bad but it could be higher considering all that we do and what we take from management and customers.

TERRIBLE

I worked at Donnelly Communications

Pros

At least you get a paycheck

Cons

The employees are Snobs that make 9.00 an hour, and fight for signifigance

Close down your company

Donnelly has transported me back to the film "Norma Rae".

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are some talented, bright, intelligent hardworking employees at Donnelly, however, management overlooks them.

Cons

The management has "core values" they do not adhere to nor do they come close. They do not care about the working environment, safety or comfort of the employees. They elect not to participate in fire drills. They allow building management to relegate the employees to certain bathrooms and areas in the building.

You should promote based on qualifications rather than who you like. You should really adhere to the CORE values you espouse. You should update the equipment. You should be proactive, rather than reactive, when it comes to employee safety. Employees in positions of authority should know how to communicate effectively and understand team building methodology.

The Reason "NOT" to work for just anyone.

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overtime offered on a regular basis, steady work and diverse clients and customers with a friendly environment.

Cons

High turn over rate, canceling scheduled breaks for hours, complaints on violations not properly investigated, promotion of favorites not qualified, leads not knowledgeable about appointed accounts, can't find supervisors when needed and building management treats employees different than employees of other businesses.

Get management that doesn't hire unqualified friends and family, train QA to evaluate calls properly, train agents again when client needs/expectations change over time so their knowledge is up to date and have building management treat employees better.

Not my cup of Tea for the pay

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of Overtime for you

Cons

unfriendly management
    low pay
    No one willing to listen

Don't just promote gay or females. As a male I felt that I was discriminated against because I was a straight male. Pay your employees more, I worked with 40+ different employees with 40+ different rules and have to be able to recite the rules on command. You start your employees off at 9/hr and given tiny incremental raises.

Great place to start growing yourself as a professional

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications

Pros

DCI is a place where you can learn VERY quickly. It is a great place to challenge yourself without a lot of red tape to stop you from trying new things.

Cons

It is impossible for DCI to hold on to talented people. The pay is SO out of line with what I could be making anywhere else, there is little motivation to stay.

Re-asses and re-align your middle management pay scales. Show them some appreciation.

Sweat shop

I worked at Donnelly Communications

Pros

Schedule flexibility. Employees are committed to the success of the company and go above and beyond. The work is never dull. Casual work environment.

Cons

Pay scale is VERY low for the amount of work that is expected. Round the clock business (24X7), so the workload is extremely heavy. Nobody mentions that you have to work after hours and on weekends just to keep up (when you interview). Employee turnover at all levels is VERY high - and has been for years

Treat everyone with respect. Speak to ALL of your employees every day. Work harder than your employees. If you talk the talk, you should walk the walk.