Donnelly Communications

1. Satisfactory Employer

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications full-time

Pros

Good for experience. Very willing to accept without experience and train.

Cons

Often staffing issues that are preventable.

Advice to Management

Promote people who are able to connect with the representatives while still being productive and effective for the clients.

2. The company has had some transitions that recently took place. It has been a job that has given me great opportunity

I have been working at Donnelly Communications

Pros

advancement-hire within to gain experience

Cons

The wages are low, the commute is far

Advice to Management

continue to restructure and increase wages will assist in gaining more positive feedback from employees and prevent high turnover rate

3. It is what it is

Current Employee - Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications

Pros

The checks do not bounce. The caring committee helps. The staff helps eachother when and where they can. It's easy to get to

Cons

The values are for show. Time, talent and education is not valued. Team managers are reluctant to help and have attitudes.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff. Pay attention to those that have invested in the company and stay despite the pay cuts. Do not take your staff for granted.

5. Khareem, one of the managers, was so sneaky. He knocked you down to make sure he stayed up

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The occasional lunch that was provided by the company was great and welcomed

Cons

Some management and parking. Management had their favorites of course. You pay $15/each check for parking

6. Keep your bags packed

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I

I have been working at Donnelly Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The co-workers are friendly. The company itself is based in Midtown Atlanta and there is a relatively laidback dress code. It's a fair enough job for paying some bills...a few anyway.

Cons

The cons pretty well outweigh the pros. Obviously, the job itself is thankless at best, mindnumbing and soul-deadening at worst. But that's the nature of the beast when it comes to call center work. Unless you're a young person who lives with parents or has 5 roommates, it tough eking out a living. This job best serves as supplementary income but the schedules are so flexible--ranging widely in hours from week to week--that it's difficult to schedule your life around. I'd complain about the hours (30 hours=full time) but I wouldn't have the stamina or the will to work this job for more than 40 hours a week.
    Training is rather frustrating in that it is often incomplete, disorganized and/or so boring that total attentiveness is a struggle (my last training session on a client-Rocky Mountain Power-was a struggle to keep my eyes open). Plus, as a night shifter during the 12pm-midnight availability range, it's often difficult to get a hold of a lead or supervisor when you're stumped or stuck with an irate caller.

Like I said: cons outweigh the pros--heavily.

Advice to Management

Management's ok enough but I'd allow a bit more time in training and in-between training. I'm in my probie period and it's like I'm getting a new client every other week.

7. Adequate employer, good benefits

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

opportunity for advancement
    competitive wages
    good benefits

Cons

soul-killing work
    some leads are awful

Advice to Management

don't promote incompetents

NO NO NO

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Location. Heart of Midtown Atlanta. Michael Kors division is better than all the other brands represented by the company.

Cons

No advancement opportunities, lack of transparency, experienced a 7% paycut in a growing economy

9. What's it like to work here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications

Pros

Starting salary is $9/hr. Salary above minimum wage

Cons

Other companies pay $12 to $15 for the same job. The training is very poor. They send you home quite often if it's not busy.

Advice to Management

What management? Leads are never around when you need them.

10. Decent company, crummy work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are good benefits, a decent hourly wage, and definite potential for advancement for employees who exhibit professionalism and good work ethic.

Cons

The work is soul-crushing, it's just the nature of customer service call center work.

Advice to Management

Treat employees more like adults.

Stepping Stone

I have been working at Donnelly Communications

Pros

The only pro that exists for working for or with this company is the ability to network. There is an opportunity to make a real impression on a company or individual of substance.

Cons

There is no thing as work/life balance with this company. You are constantly on call on your off time. While you are on the clock, there is a demand for the lower-level employees to take on many extra duties (there is a habit that anyone in power has where they tell you what you want to hear, like "we are looking at you for advancement"), yet the demand isn't there for the higher-level employees. Floor leads for ANY client (Coach, Michael Kors, EWTN, etc) are on their phones handling personal ventures, there is no review of any sort (90-day, 6 month, etc), there has been in the past and will be in the near future a/another pay cut (odds are you will start off making minimum wage), and there is a huge play on words (make sure that if you still need a job and you are hired, you document everything; follow up conversations with emails, and bcc your personal email address). The office culture is unnecessarily relaxed. I say unnecessarily because those who have a little power seam to be able to pass along their tasks to the lower-level employees, and literally leave work once the tasks are assigned. They have the freedom to walk the floors and converse amongst themselves at any time (be it the lead desk, HR, or team managers), leaving the lower-level employees with handling the responsibilities of the consumer first. There is no real support at this company, and I urge you to only use this place as a stepping stone to your next position. Do not stay here long, otherwise you will have wasted your time.

Advice to Management

There is no advise to management. Anything that needs to be/should be said should go directly to the company President/Owner, and the CEO, although attempting to meet with them is a task in and of itself (somewhat understandably).

RSS Feed </> Embed