Donorworx

Updated February 11, 2015
Updated February 11, 2015
4.2

Sarah Shaw

Love love love this company!

I have been working at Donorworx (more than 3 years)

Pros

Getting to work with a group of world changers and passionate individuals!! I love meeting people and talking, so fundraising is perfect for my personality. You have the opportunity to be yourself, and end up having complete strangers share incredibly moving and inspiring stories that remind you of the good in humanity

Cons

This is not an easy job. You have to be ready to work hard at every shift. But you will sleep well at night knowing you have made a difference!

Great atmosphere and work experience!

Former Employee - Team Captain
    Former Employee - Team Captain

I worked at Donorworx (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company offers valuable work experience, competitive wages and best of all the opportunity to help change someone else's life!

Cons

It is a challenge to put yourself out there everyday and risk rejection and disappointment but it is worth it to impact another persons life in a positive way.

Leadership development needs to be priority.

it was good

I worked at Donorworx

Pros

Okay type of job
    you make your own schedule
    good pay
    good temporary job for a student

Cons

no advancement
    standing up all day
    rude people
    good over all

Extremely pleasant and very fulfilling.

I have been working at Donorworx

Pros

Helping to fight poverty is very fulfilling

Cons

Dealing with the apathy of people in the mall.

This is the dream job I didn't know I wanted!

I have been working at Donorworx full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Donorworx will surprise you in the best ways! When I first saw the ad to work as a fundraiser, I skipped right over it because I never imagined this could be something I'd want to.
    One chance face to face meeting with a donorworx employee changed my perspective completely. I jumped on board and have never regretted it! Donorworx is a place where you can live out your passion to transform lives and impact real change across the world. Best of all, you get to do it with like-minded people who share your vision and are determined to be their best and do their best for whatever cause they're representing. Donorworx is a friendly, supportive & innovative place to work. Your thoughts, feelings, successes & struggles matter here; donorworx really is a family.
    Professionally speaking, donorworx partners with some of the best respected charities around, because they are committed to ethical partnerships. As a fundraiser, donorworx leaders and management will actively support you in your growth and development. Because of this, you'll have many quick opportunities for promotions and advancements, particularly if you're able to travel. It's pretty lucky to have the opportunity to travel around the country as an advocate for kids.
    A positive outlook and determination are keys to success with this company. If you have those and a passion to change the world, this is the right place for you!

Cons

The biggest challenge is the rejection you face while fundraising. Some days, it will astonish you how little people seem to care. Luckily, donorworx understands that struggle and is supportive and encouraging during those hard moments.

The short term contract nature of many campaigns can also be a challenge if you're looking for long-term work, but since there are always opportunities for advancement, even a short term campaign can lead to a career.

Keep going!

It always feels like I am doing something that really matters!!! 100% of the time!!!!

Current Employee - Campaign Leader in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Campaign Leader in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Donorworx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing as awesome as knowing that you are making a huge difference in people's lives around the world! At donorworx, you KNOW that you have the best job at the mall you end up working at, and the only job that is making the world a better place! Add to that that I was promoted twice in one month. That's never happened to me or any one I know. And the pay is very reasonable! They even have opportunities to travel! The best part is knowing that you are making a lifetime difference for children around the world who without us would not get sponsored otherwise. And to see just how happy people that end up sponsoring at the mall booths is just a priceless experience. I have actually put some other life plans on hold so I can do this job...it is THAT rewarding!!!!!

Cons

Be prepared to stand almost non-stop for at least 5 hours, face rejection constantly, and talk for 5 to 30 minutes at a time with absolute strangers so they can end up making a set monthly donation for years to come! It is contractual which lasts about every three months or so although these contracts tend to keep rolling. It is by no means easy, and compared to what I have seen with other vendors at the mall, fundraising is way way way more difficult.

NEVER GIVE UP AND KEEP BELIEVING IN US!

The best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Campaign Leader in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Campaign Leader in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Donorworx full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Everyday at donorworx we have the opportunity to inspire change while working with truly passionate and talented people. I love Donorworx because it is a unique, fun and ethical fundraising company. This is a very rewarding job and would encourage anyone passionate about helping to fundraise with donorworx.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges is dealing with unhappy people in the malls. However, with the right mindset you can overcome this challenge!

It is a fun rewarding, challenging job!

Current Contractor - Campaign Leader in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Campaign Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Donorworx as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for donorworx for more than half a year now. I have never been more honored to work for and organization like donorworx. Having come from a sales background and working in many different corporations, I have grown to love this organization like no other. You can feel proud to work for an ethical company such as this. The job is fun, the people who work for donorworx are beyond amazing, and if you have a positive attitude and are ready to work hardthen this is the job for you. It will change your life and influence you in such a positive way that will stick with you forever.

Cons

You week be on your feet! You will have rejection, but that's okay. Most contacts are shorter term.

Keep up the good work, possibly more ways to get involved in the field!

Fundraiser

Former Employee - Fundraiser
    Former Employee - Fundraiser

I worked at Donorworx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Excellent training on face-to-face fundraising
    - Support great organizations
    - Upper management is very supportive and is accessible if you need a boost
    - Team feels like family

Cons

- Long hours standing at booth
    - Can sometimes be lonely, especially if you're the only one at the booth
    - You can sometimes get approached by very rude people

- Continue to be supportive the fundraisers.

Great cause. Not enough support.

Former Contractor - Fundraiser in Barrie, ON (Canada)
    Former Contractor - Fundraiser in Barrie, ON (Canada)

I worked at Donorworx as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

You are helping a great cause. You will leave most days feeling good. You will meet some magical people, who sponsor children. You are paid very well, which is a major plus as well.

Cons

I unfortunately worked at a mall, where our campaign was very disorganized. We had two CL's who did not get along. There was always tension. I felt I was not trained well enough to handle the awkwardness of approaching people. I was not given tools to succeed.

Hire CL's (campaign leaders) not only based on sponsorships but their overall review from co-workers. Mine acted very immature & catty, which made it hard to come into work and excel.