Doodle Bugs!

Updated January 11, 2015
Updated January 11, 2015
4.2

Anthony Insinna

This company helps its employees grow!

I have been working at Doodle Bugs! full-time

Pros

Doodle Bugs! has cultivated a culture of positive growth. Teachers, directors, and administrators alike are provided with opportunities to build their knowledge of early childhood. Professional development trainings, inspiring conferences, staff meetings. and supportive classroom coaching are all ways the company shows their investment in their employees. The company prides itself on a culture of innovation and positive growth!

Cons

Teachers are often in transition, attending school and working towards other careers. We're grateful to have their talent and ambition while they work with us through school, but it's always sad to see such great teachers go!

Mixed Feelings

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Doodle Bugs! full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- highly qualified lead teachers
    - very clean
    - pays more than other child care centers
    - training is provided

Cons

- they rarely promote from within
    - employees not allowed to call off, even if you are throwing up they still require you to come in
    - high staff turn over
    - management views all staff and enrolled families as just a number that can be easily replaced

I know DB is quickly growing but don't forget you are a childcare center and your company should be run with heart. Since your expansion you have been running DB like a corporation and your families and staff have taken notice and are become more and more disappointed with your centers.

Doodle Bugs! Response

Jan 12, 2015CEO

It is greatly disappointing to hear of your dissatisfaction with Doodle Bugs!. Regarding advancement opportunities, we first look from within before making a hiring decision. In Buffalo, 5 out of ... More

Knowledgable Management and a company that CARES!

Current Employee - Previous Lead Teacher/Current Education Specialist in Cheektowaga, NY

I have been working at Doodle Bugs! full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Doodle Bugs! is full of knowledgeable staff! If you have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn there is so much to gain from joining this company! They are honestly the best in the industry and know exactly what they are doing in every aspect. Their main focus in the quality of care of the children, and as a teacher why would you want to be anywhere else?

Cons

Generally everything I could list as a con is typical of any job in a child care setting. Company specific, there is nothing I would note at this time.

Keep it up! The more I learn about this company and how we compare to every other child care employer in the area, the more I realize how truly blessed I am to be working at such an amazing place.

Work isn't "work", when you love what you do.

I have been working at Doodle Bugs! full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Doodle Bugs! is a warm, supportive, and team approached atmosphere. Managers at every level care about the people that work here and the families they provide services to.

There are also continual opportunities for advancement, in addition to the vast ways in which employees are able to develop as a professional. It's a great company to be a part of!

Cons

There is a lot of devotion to the job, however that is the case for the industry as a whole. High quality early childhood programs, or any educational program for that matter, require devotion and passion. However, when you love what you do, the effort put into it is worth it.

Terrific Program, Dedicated to Excellence

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Doodle Bugs! full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is committed to providing the best program and services to their centers' families. They truly care about early childhood education, the growth of their students and community involvement. The company is terrific at promoting from within, cultivating a learning environment and maintaining their core principles. I've been working in the child care industry for years and am truly impressed with the company's facilities, program and dedication to excellence.

Cons

No cons at this time.

A great company to work for that really cares about the happiness and safety of their staff, families, and students.

Current Employee - Director Assistant in Lake Worth, FL
    Current Employee - Director Assistant in Lake Worth, FL

I have been working at Doodle Bugs! full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity within the company to grow. The company has some of the most knowledgeable people working to train their new staff and deliver the best experience to everyone that walks through Doodle Bugs! door.

Cons

Child care can be stressful because there are so many different important things to focus on to make sure everything runs the way it should.

fast paced environment and very rewarding

I have been working at Doodle Bugs!

Pros

Challenging and rewarding experience working with young children. Doodlebugs gives you all of the necessary components to succeed including maintaining the facilities, state of the art equipment, and curriculum and supplies for teachers.

Cons

limited flexibility in scheduling for full time employees.

Amazing Program

Current Employee - Rochester Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Rochester Regional Manager

I have been working at Doodle Bugs! full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Our Doodle Bugs! families identify our teachers as one of our program’s greatest strengths! We are proud to recruit and maintain a team of talented, passionate and well-qualified early childhood professionals. From our classroom teaching teams to our administrative team, you can count on our shared commitment to high-quality care and education. Our teachers develop relationships with our families. The commitment and dedication exemplified by our faculty is outstanding.

Cons

At this time I have none.

Good opportunity to learn in the Childcare Industry

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant/Center Closer in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant/Center Closer in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Doodle Bugs! part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company offers great value to the parents and children regarding child safety, productivity, and wellness. The curriculum provided is a great guideline but unfortunately does not allow much room for the teacher's own creativity or ideas to be implemented.

Cons

Unless you plan to work fulltime and assigned a permanent classroom, the hours that are provided to part-time workers are extremely limited and your biweekly pay will be lacking.

Be more accommodating with scheduling.

Most stressful job I've ever had

I worked at Doodle Bugs!

Pros

Caring for children is rewarding no matter what, and the ones at my center were so fun to take care of. I also made some great friends there.

Cons

The most disgusting thing about this company is that you have to come in sick, even if you are violently ill. I've come in with pink eye, the stomach flu, etc. and so have other employees. Then the kids get sick and the parents are upset. I don't blame them! If you have to go to the bathroom you have to wait until someone relieves you which is sometimes never. This is strictly a business run by women who are on power trips and they could care less if you're sick or if a child is sick as long as they can make money and look good. One time an employee came in half in the bag and nothing was done about it because they needed staff that day for the ratios. Yep, these are the people caring for your children.

Take a good look at your policies. Maybe before promoting a lady that dresses nice, take a step back and try to think about if they truly have the children's best interest in mind. Instead of spending money on tablets for 2 year olds, spend money on extra staff so if an employee is violently throwing up they don't have to come into work and infect the children.

Doodle Bugs! Photos