Doosan Infracore

Doosan Infracore Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Good company, but very indecisive

(Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI was fortunate to have 2 good managers and the opportunity to shift careers. I had a good experience with the company and enjoyed the people I worked with. Although you are able to experience a little of the Korean culture, North America still operated like a US company.

ConsIn 4 years the company restructured twice. Employees seem to be a commodity and not a valuable resource. The Korean company talks a big game about transparency & open communication, but information sharing between the regions rarely happens. Overall strategy & vision is unclear.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is evident that the company doesn't value or care for their employees. The constant restructuring of the organization resulted in letting many employees go. We were given 1 week to determine if we wanted to relocate to Fargo, ND. This is a life changing event that would impact our spouse, children and home. Giving 1 week notice showed that you wanted to know so you can start backfilling the position.

It is OK.

ProsI will say OK for the overall experience.

ConsThe frequent reorganization is confusing.

Sneaky and evil

Administrstion (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsLaid back environment, good pay. Your co-workers that you work with are great and helpful. In this company you peers are really all you have because management will not look out for you unless you hold a special place in their heart.

ConsThis has to be one of the sneakiness companies I have ever worked for. In the end if you didn't work in Fargo, ND..you're pretty much screwed that's all the US offices cared about. Big decision makers worked on the Fargo office and they made sure their people there were well taken care of with promotions and pay increases. Everyone else they have screwed over or will in the end. Be careful if you choose to work for them. They will hire you and lay you off six months later.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees and stop playing the sneaky smile in your face while I prepare to stab you in the back role.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very poor communication/culture clash between Korean management and US/Europe

Program Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLot of very interesting work involving transition from Oracle to SAP. Willingness to utilize knowledgeable third party system integrator.

ConsCulture clash between parent company and acquired subsidiary. Conflict in leadership between Korean parent company and American acquired company. Korean culture is vastly different than US culture. Reward system, communication of bad news, hierarchical approach are just three of many differences.

Advice to Senior ManagementFace up to the problems. Ignoring the problems will not solve them.

Not bad, but not great

Production Manager (Former Employee) Statesville, NC

ProsEmployees are good and care about business

ConsManagement is in need of restructure and is outdated in every practice

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to clean house on people not doing any work.

Great place to work

Project Management (Former Employee) Statesville, NC

ProsCompetitive Pay & Benefits, Experienced managers, lots going on

ConsSlow pace of progress, some legacy employees who are reluctant to go above and beyond to get a job done, some entrenched beuracracy

Advice to Senior ManagementOnboarding experience for new hires needs an overhaul.

Anybody who wants to work in a real diverse world

Product Manager (Current Employee) Suwanee, GA

ProsOpen and global, diverse and innovative

ConsNot speedy. HR policy concerns

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeed up

Doosan's greatest asset, their people!!!!

Analyst (Former Employee) Statesville, NC

ProsGreat salary, great people, good beni's.

ConsSenior management in Korea needs to align the total management structure so that everyone succeed when we achieve our goals. Sometimes it seem as though people get rewarded even when the company is not doing too well. I think you can loose some incentive to make the company grow when you are rewarded when the company is not. With so many people writing their own reviews a person could just add things that they can do but do not add value to the company. There is not much room to grow and develop.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management in Korea needs to align the total management structure so that everyone succeed when we achieve our goals. Sometimes it seem as though people get rewarded even when the company is not doing too well. I think you can loose some incentive to make the company grow when you are rewarded when the company is not. With so many people writing their own reviews a person could just add things that they can do but do not add value to the company.

Fairly laid back.

ProsLaid back. Good working environment.

ConsIt is in Statesville, North Carolina.

Great pay but little transparency or stability

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe pay was great; VERY competitive. Benefits were acceptable. There were opportunities to travel.

ConsLack of transparency, lack of job stability, confusing performance evaluations, lack of ethical "tone from the top." The Korean parent company held all the puppet strings and often those of us in the US were intentionally kept in the dark. Without very little warning, hundreds of us were laid off. I won't get into the specifics of the lack of ethics from corporate management, but if you are curious, simply enter the company name and "scandal" or "legal problems."

Worked for Doosan Infracore? Contribute to the Community!