Doostang

3.3

Jeff Berger
1 Rating

Very enriching experience

I have been working at Doostang full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a startup culture with lots of opportunities to expand the business. Culture is healthy and very supportive, everyone's a friend, and lots of trust and responsibility is given early on. Initiatives can be started quickly.

Cons

It's really a very strong team but sometimes communication could be improved, especially between different offices.

Try to keep the culture and quality as the company grows.

Misguiding Sly Distrustful Management Seeks to Exploit its Customers

Current Employee - Job Posting Content Editor in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Job Posting Content Editor in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Doostang as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Lazy distracted management too preoccupied with personal problems to thoroughly track employees' work ethic. Allows unmotivated employees to slack off. Allows for work life balance because work can always be pushed off due to lack of deadlines.

Cons

Work itself is redundant, archaic, manual, and soul sucking. Equivalent to scraping the internet for job posts, but their technology is too outdated to do so, thus similar work is done manually. Minimal compensation, no opportunity for personal growth because of mismanaged upper management and superiors. Disheartening and disappointing lackluster management attempts to reorganize. Top heavy hierarchal management stifles ingenuity and innovation. No aggressiveness to increase market share as a company,no training program or career advancement road mapping, high attrition has lead me to have 3 managers in my 2 years with the company. Extremely negative workplace especially because product produced actively seeks to actively scam its consumers. (Search "Doostang is a scam", it will autofill in the drop down menu as the most popular search term). Management is focused on enticing subscribers with poor quality useless job postings, and inflates metrics and mottos with quantity of jobs offered on site with complete disregard to quality. Complaints by consumers ignored completely, no sense of improvement or direction for company future. No value given to long term employees with valuable industry knowledge. Tenured employees' opinions are inconsequential to decision making within. Internal processes are rarely followed, have seen active complaints from other companies threatening Doostang because there were posted jobs on other company's behalf.

Disheartening to see a fully developed product thats primary goal is to seek to scam and cheat its consumers with its subscriptions. Ingenuity of management does not support growth or innovation or success in any way, but rather stifles employees with work only seeking to feel short term goals of cheating users.

Idiotic asinine current management must be replaced. Product must be scraped unless management wants to continue scamming, cheating, and lying to its customers. If so, continue on current trajectory. Change management structure to get team leads with some speck of intelligence and coherent thought process. No communication between managers and workers must be a changed philosophy; I however, do not see this taking place, as managers seem to reap the reward of being lackluster, useless, and preoccupied. My expectation is that management will continue to scam and mislead customers unless disciplinary actions are taken.

Great for a first job!

I worked at Doostang as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Learned a lot during my time at Doostang. Got a lot of hands on experience and got to what I always had dreamed for. I'd say this was my door way to my dream job.

Cons

Pay rate wasn't that great since I was on contract position 1099-MISC, but learned a lot.