Doral Financial

Be The First To
Add Photos

Doral Financial President, CEO, and Director Glen R. Wakeman

Glen R. Wakeman

Good company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat opportunity for career growth

ConsStarting salaries are very low

It isn't the best place to work unless you really need a paycheck

Teller (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn because they are very outdated in terms of systems.

ConsThey talk about social responsibility and values, but its just for Public Relations, you work six days a week for minimum wage, no benefits and a lot of pressure, its only good if you need a paycheck. Even the supervisor's and heads of Departments are unprofessional over the phone.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified professionals who have finished their studies, not mediocres without formal training that will harass prepared employees because they feel they are a threat to them and wil not, by any chance whatsoever give them the opportunity to grow.

Charge Atmosphere

Developer (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsGreat Team and Enthusiastic People. Salary is not bad and projects are challenging and interesting

ConsSenior Management and work/life balance

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great environment, no professional growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood coworkers and work environment.

ConsNo professional growth and poor compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen employees are happy and motivated, they do a good job and the company grows. Focus more on compensation and providing opportunities for professional growth (training, etc).

Stay clear

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsWell paid and cheap benefits

ConsManagement lacks integrity. Staff are very unhappy, the only thing that keeps people at Doral is the high unemployment on the island. This bank is 20 years behind in terms of automation and process.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave and let new, qualified people with integrity save this bank.

Senior Database Administrator

Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsGood to learn and increase your technical skills. also good to learn how to due multiple task.

ConsInstability, no salary reviews, no career path.

Sr Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Juan, PR

ProsThe community programs are nice, although mandated as part of CRA laws

ConsExteremly high turn over rate due to the following facts: salaries have been frozen 3+ yrs, little to no internal promotions, high stress enviornment, lack of proper tools, limited technology investment

Doral Financial

Vice President (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe hours are very good and the vacation time is very good. I would say overall its not that bad.

ConsThe salary is not that good compare to the street. There is no communication from managment, you have to go looking for information.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be more forth coming with information. Dont speak down to your employees and be open to new ideas.

Small bank, not much room for growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prossmall firm, not much to positive things to say about it. Most of the people there are just there to make a living one day at a time.

ConsVery small bank. Hard to compete with larger regional banks.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training programs to get staffs at all branches to the same page.

It was a good experience working at Doral Bank. I worked at Foreclosure Department.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI can talk about my area. My coworkers were friendly and it was a very good work environment. But I heard that in other departaments, such as Loss Mitigation, co workers were not friendly as Foreclosure Department. We got a 15 minutes break, free coffee (Yay!), health fairs, discounts, and other activities.

ConsUpper Management did not listen to their employees. They are losing money. They keep the same vendors, and those vendors didnt do the job. Often our job performance was related to the vendors and our performance reviews were affected by their poor work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to improve the organization, you have to make changes in everything that doesnt work. Please listen to your employees.

Worked for Doral Financial? Contribute to the Community!