Dot Foods

Be The First To
Add Photos

John M. Tracy

Great Company for Families

Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility
    Compensation
    Benefits
    Family-Oriented
    Overtime/Holiday Pay (Overtime is usually available for those that desire it)

ConsLimited advancement opportunities
    Work can be challenging
    Temperature in warehouses can be difficult for some
    Long work hours
    Sometimes employees are mandated for overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementListen More to Warehouse Employees Thoughts/Comments/Concerns

Horrible experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly and great people in the office.

Conslong hours, not a team environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport lower employees.

Overall good company as long as you are healthy.

Product Line Manager (Former Employee) Mount Sterling, IL

ProsFamily owned company with great values at its core. Descent pay for the area with quarterly bonuses and annual profit sharing. Does a great deal of investing in the local communities.

ConsI know of many who are fired or ran off when their health turns negative including myself. For a company pulling from limited resources in regard to manpower, they are finding the wrong sort of managers to maintain and recruit employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership within Dot Foods is tarnished and needs to be addressed immediately.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall pretty good company.

Truck Driver (Current Employee) Liverpool, NY

ProsThe pay is good with opportunities to get bonuses through out the year. The trucks were all in good shape if not new. Other employees were friendly and easy to work with. Home time is average 2 days a week.

ConsThe constantly changing schedule with only 24hrs or less notice makes planning anything outside of work nearly impossible. This includes weekends. You may get about 2 days a week off but you never know when until the day before.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome how incorporate a little predictability into the driver's time off. Never knowing when you are going to be off makes it feel like you are always working.

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Mount Sterling, IL

ProsFamily oriented, community involvement, ability to travel a little bit.

ConsFamily owned, and there are a lot of politics within the various departments, it is all in who you know in order to advance throughout the company

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to the little people who deal with customers every day, and realize talent, instead of the person's last name.

Pretty Good Company

ProsOverall good people, good environment

ConsCan be overwhelming at times

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention

Great company

Warehouse Order Selector (Former Employee) Mount Sterling, IL

ProsThey challenge you to do things you didn't think we're possible. Great benefits, including medical and dental. Great pay, they pay better than majority of comparable positions in the area. They do what they can to take care of their employees. Safety is one if their largest concerns.

ConsThey don't always value lower positions ideas to improve performance in the work place

Advice to Senior ManagementSurvey employees more than once a year

A great company to work for!

Warehouse Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) Syracuse, NY

ProsExcellent medical plan, 401K, lots of work available.

ConsWeekend shifts, holiday shifts, sometimes the shifts are odd hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend a little more time with your employees and hear their concerns.

Poor communication, don't practice what they teach

Warehouse (Dis)Order Selector (Former Employee) Vidalia, GA

ProsLoved my job and learned a lot by observing other employees to be productive. But most employees are family members and it makes it harder on other employees to get promoted. Practically impossible to get promoted from within. Very few women or other than white race men in any type management or leadership role.

ConsPoor equipment. Won't repair or just "patch it up" because the company bases bonuses on NOT spending money on repairs. So why would they cut their bonus checks for SAFETY! Coworkers have died or seriously injured due to their neglect.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a diverse team, you know, the ones you people spend thousands of dollars with in house classes teaching about! Fix your equipment and base bonuses off not the money you save but the people you retain. Get a mentoring system onboard.

Going down hill

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Williamsport, MD

ProsBecause of eLogs they cannot work you to death. Benefits are good. There is variety in routing if you want. Use to be a great company with good pay. But pay is falling behind

ConsSteadily dropping pay. Management cares more about the warehouse than its drivers. We are working longer for less. Communication is terrible across the board!! It is not uncommon to go to another DC and find out that they did not know you were coming!? Home time has been on the decline. Some of our customers can be abusive and DOT will no longer go to bat for us.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your drivers!! Stop thinking only of the warehouse. DOT used to be a company drivers wanted to get into. In the last year and a half they have been leaving. That should tell you something!! Most drivers think that you do not care. We keep hoping that things will improve but...

Worked for Dot Foods? Contribute to the Community!