Dot Hill

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dot Hill President, CEO, and Director Dana W. Kammersgard

Dana W. Kammersgard

niche company, entry level, many competitors

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

Prospeople, fast pace, Boulder area

Consmany manual processes, tools, culture

Horrendous management

Engineer (Former Employee) Longmont, CO

ProsThe people on the technical teams are generally great people and they are fantastic to work with. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Compensation isn't bad and the enviroment is very pleasant.

ConsManagement for this company is absolutely ridiculous. They keep trying to force engineers into management roles even though they have no desire to become managers. There is a serious disconnect between higher level management and the people actually doing all the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull yourselves together and hire some people who actually know what they are doing/want to be doing it. Also, give a little more credit to the actual employees instead of just looking at the numbers.

Wonderful intern experience

Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Longmont, CO

ProsDot Hill offered a great intern experience and provided work in a very broad range of topics. My boss was very responsive and helpful. Every employee I worked with loved their job. There was also a great sense of community.

ConsI can't say I ran into any cons during my time at Dot Hill. I could not have hoped for a better intern experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Director PS & Business Development (Current Employee) Longmont, CO

Pros1.Great potential and outlook
    2.Aware of employee needs
    3.Good Compensation

Cons1.ESPP has trade window which is restricted
    2.Very OEM focused
    3.ENG driving road maps at times
    4.Week marketing group

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working on penetrating the channels and promoting the DHS brand out in the market.

Poorly Managed Company

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Longmont, CO

ProsWork/Life balance was okay, but that's about it.

ConsZero repercussions for poor management decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds new management

Management is running DH into the ground

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Longmont, CO

ProsThey pay isn't bad, although don't count on raises once you get in and they had a 5% salary cut in the summer of 2010. They also don't push the engineering teams as much as other departments - or to be more accurate, they don't get flogged as much when they cannot deliver 125% year after year.

ConsBeing an engineering driven company (Dana's words) can be acceptable as long as they understand they have to deliver, every other function is a support group. DH's problem is when engineering slips schedules, fails to meet cost targets, and doesn't deliver acceptable reliability and function the rest of the teams take the blame. The engineering team is good, but the expectations across the board are unrealistic. However, to state this (and worse yet, demonstrate it before mgmt accepts the slip) is paycheck suicide.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor those 2 at the top, leave. For those one level down, stop staying silent to keep the paycheck coming and start pushing back for realistic schedules and to deliver the right products.

If you just work for the paycheck then this place is for you

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsFlexible work hours, telecommuting (except under some managers).
    Some people do not even have a office at work.

ConsThe company has been loosing money for many years in row. So they're not being generous with employees. No or small raises. No training. No promotion.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employee right

Dot Hill

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly and caring staff. Various great managment personnel over the years. Manufactures a quality product line and overall a positive enviornment to work in.

ConsEconomy is taking a toll on the company. Lack of vision for the long term future. New technology completed too soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to think about the long term success of this company. Decisions should be more well thought out prior to putting them in action.

A company that has a big poteintial if the management team could have a positive change

Pros1. employees are general speaking nice
    2. company has a big potential as long as management team does the right thing
    3. work time flexible

Cons1. team work needs improvement
    2. ESPP has trade window which is restricted.
    3. benefit not as good as the other companies in same industry

Advice to Senior Managementmake company profitable, stock holders expect stock price up.

Worked for Dot Hill? Contribute to the Community!