Doterra Reviews

Updated April 13, 2015
30 reviews filtered by
3.5
David Stirling

1. The company is great, it is just a lot of work to earn anything.

Current Employee - Distributor
    Current Employee - Distributor

I have been working at Doterra

Pros

Freedom to live life and incorporate your business into everyday living

Cons

Personally, the biggest con has been finding time to invest

2. Great, but low paying.

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Pleasant Grove, UT

I worked at Doterra full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount
    Great, roomy, clean work environment
    Friendly people
    Recognition Team does their very best to provide incentives for meeting goals
    Health Oriented
    Company cares about it's workers

Cons

Poor pay for job
    Promotions and raises are unfair and difficult
    Cut and Dry attendance (if you struggle, you're gone)
    Call Center ran by an inexperienced people

Advice to Management

Pay workers more. Considering how much revenue this company takes in, it should pay employees competitively, compared to similar companies.

3. Meet all kinds of people, help them improve their health, build amazing friendships

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Doterra (more than a year)

Pros

Complete freedom and incredibly gratifying

Cons

Must be self motivated

5. doTERRA has great opportunities and focuses on wellness, but their pay is very low.

Current Employee - Process Analyst in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Current Employee - Process Analyst in Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been working at Doterra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have opportunities to expand professionally and there are plenty of promotion opportunities.
    There is a nice gym and wellness programs.
    Employees get a good discount on doTERRA products.
    The culture of the company encourages wellness, professional development and personal development

Cons

The pay is very low
    Promotions get small pay increase
    There are hundred of employees that you have to compete with for promotions
    Departments don't always communicate very well with each-other which has created issues and stress

Advice to Management

If you want to have a lower attrition rate, then pay employees what other companies in the same industry are paying them, which is more.

6. It a great company with quality products.

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been working at Doterra part-time

Pros

Great discount on oils and free product of the month.
    Mostly laid back working environment.
    Company is growing so there are opportunities to move up somewhat.
    Friendly people

Cons

Seems to be the consensus here that the pay is poor. The company wants to have a competive edge through excellent customer service. We have a lot of information to learn, (4 weeks of training) and we work hard ensuring the members are happy and that doTERRA is well represented. However, we are poorly compensated and I wish Management would see this.

Advice to Management

Please pay us what we are worth, either by acknowledging the success the company has had and continues to have, or by competitive wages of other similar companies.

7. Elite Independent Product Consultant

I have been working at Doterra

Pros

Free Products, Montthy income, fanastic products, health and healing benefits

Cons

No cons I can think of

8. Flexible hours, lower-average pay (for salaried positions).

I have been working at Doterra

Pros

Great people to work with at the lower levels especially. Flexible scheduling.

Cons

Low pay, especially as you move up. Opportunities to move up are based on knowing people, and less on abilities/skills.

Advice to Management

Take the time to see if employees are worth wage-matching with other companies.

9. PAY SCALE SUCKS!

Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Former Employee - Corporate Receptionist in Pleasant Grove, UT

I worked at Doterra full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers, new/nice building, free oil each month (whatever the Product of the Month is for IPC's), easy to get time off or use vacation days, PTO/Benefits after 90 days, 75% off wholesale price employee discount, free flavored water from Cafe.

Cons

Management is thrown into their position with no training so they don't really know how to manage well. Moving up in the Call Center is VERY HARD - they claim it is easy when interviewing. Moving from the Call Center to Corporate is slim to none. The Call Center vs Corporate is treated as if they are two different companies. Pay scale is WAAAAAAAY behind, unless you are a BFF of the execs you get paid really crappy. In my situation, I had hit my year mark with doTERRA and was given more responsibility - yet no pay raise. Cafe is hit or miss, sometimes awesome but other times your food is moldy - and is only 30% off public pricing.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth - giving them free lunch perks once a month or having food trucks come doesn't makeup for them barely being able to pay their bills. For a company that makes billions each year, they don't seem to appreciate the people who get them there.

10. Meh

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Pleasant Grove, UT
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been working at Doterra full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Generally get to make own hours
    Good co-workers

Cons

Director-level leadership is poor
    Executive leadership has lost touch with regular employees
    Hiring practices tend to look outside instead of promoting from within

Advice to Management

Remember the people that got you to where you are in the first place.

11. You can move up...if you know someone.

Current Employee - Member Service Representative
    Current Employee - Member Service Representative

I have been working at Doterra part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice and flexible when things to come up. Gave me 2 free days off after a traumatizing event in my life. Lots of fun people work there and you get a great discount on product (if you're into that) and free product. Sometimes they surprise you with little gifts here and there. Lots of fun contests going on. Good performance bonus or tuition reimbursement program. I've made a lot of friends by working here. The new building is really nice. Much better than the old place in Orem! Work/life balance is really good.

Cons

There have been several times where someone will be perfectly qualified and ready for a certain promotion, but they will be passed up when management chooses a family member, friend or friend's friend. It is extremely frustrating! If you ask why that person was chosen over you, they will come up with some BS answer. This is well known, yet unspoken throughout the call center.
    Call center manager has no idea what is going on. The place is seriously run by college students. There is no HR to speak of. Sure, there are people with the title of HR, but they too are just college students. If you go to them with a problem, they can't help you. Their job mostly has to do with payroll.
    No communication between corporate and call center. For example, we have an annual convention. Corporate came up with a new program and announced it to all the consultants at the convention...before they bothered to announce it to the member services employees. We kept getting questions and calls about this new program that we didn't know anything about. It was embarrassing! We got trained on the program about a week later when we should have been trained a week before.
    Pay is EXTREMELY low. Everyone needs a raise. They present their advancement program like you can get raises by working at them, but they make it extremely hard. Nearly impossible, so most people just give up and don't even do it. There is only one person who works with advancement in this huge company. They're doing their best, but it's hard when you're the only one! They won't hire another one because that would make getting raises easier.
    They are very cheap and don't want to give anything that costs more money for them, even if it would improve the company.

Advice to Management

Promote the best people for the job, not just family and friends. Doing this really demotivates employees who don't have family or friends in upper management.
    Put a crowbar in your wallet and show your employees that they are valued. We get paid a lot less than other call centers and do a lot more. I think everyone could use a raise.
    More communication between departments and corporate. We should all know what's going on, especially on the frontline.
    Hire more professionals. We need more than just college students in here, we need people with experience to help us be more professional.