DoubleDutch Reviews

What's not to love?

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down one of the most innovative solutions to the event space. Great company, great people, huge growth potential.

Cons

My only con other than the office being in the mission is no 401k match. Office most likely won't be in the mission too much longer which will make the only con - No 401K match.

Advice to Management

Project development and and engineering is among the best I've seen. Some of the smartest individuals in their fields. Keep up the great hiring. 401K match!

Demanding but rewarding

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vision, culture and people are the best part about this company. One of the best paid SDRs in the Bay Area if you're hitting your quotas.

Cons

Demanding role but reward can be high. The office location would be flawless if not were for the fixer-upper building the company operates out of.

Advice to Management

Leverage solidarity amongst entire sales team (Enterprise works upstairs).

Sales Development Representative

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch (Less than a year)

Pros

People, Vision, Culture are unmatched. Management is there to help and they are transparent about what is going on at a high level.

Cons

Not many but I would say that moving up feels like its more political than actually rewarded on performance or tenure.

Advice to Management

Promote people based off of how long they have been at the company, there should be checks and balances so that one person or manager cannot block someone from moving up

Growing company in fun market!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, awesome product, fun market to be involved with!

Cons

Elevators go up and down slowwwwwly. Better to take the stairs and get some exercise!

Advice to Management

Perhaps fewer internal emails and more face to face meetings. Otherwise, love the leadership!

SDR

Current Employee - Sales Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch

Pros

Great Culture from the firm. Everyone seems to be on the same team working towards the same goal for the most part.

Cons

The ramp pay is really messed up. It's impossible to make OTE during the ramp period which is exactly the opposite of what I'd expect.

So Far, So Great!!!

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are absolutely outstanding individuals. The is a real commitment to culture, professional development, and success. I appreciate this commitment to quality work and a dedication to great products.

Cons

It is still very much a start-up. It is part of it's appeal. (I should have put that in the pro column as well). I can feel the expansion of the business. It manifests itself if some cumbersome ways, but it's all part of growth!

Advice to Management

Stay committed to quality people and superb products.

A "Rocket Ship" of a Startup!

I have been working at DoubleDutch

Pros

I have worked for several very well known and successful startups, and this is by far the best group of people I have ever had the pleasure of being around on a daily basis. The energy here is extremely potent...as we say at the office, "we are all riding a rocket ship together." I could not be more excited to be a part of this team and this company. The leadership is incredibly communicative and understands that great people are what build a great product. Many companies lose sight of that, making their employees feel like they are less important than the product...not at DoubleDutch. It honestly feels like a family here, accepting an offer to join was the best career choice I have made thus far. And a final note -- Lawrence is far and away the best Founder and CEO I have ever spoken with, and certainly the best I have ever worked for.

Cons

Typical cons of a startup -- growing out of our office space, cross department communication can suffer from time to time, trouble hiring quickly (which is good, because you want to be picky), pay is a little bit under the average salary you might receive from a large company (but totally worth the small pay cut to be part of such an amazing team), and a bit of a strange vacation policy for a startup.

Advice to Management

I have full trust in the management and their vision for the company. My advice would be to not feel rushed to hire quickly, be sure we are always holding out for the right fit. Also, I would reconsider the vacation policy, I worry it may deter potentially great engineering talent from coming on board. Scaling a company is hard, especially when you are just starting to get bigger. I think management is doing a good job of consistently evaluating communication processes and collaboration across different teams. It is a great time to be a DoubleDutch employee!

Be Passionate

I have been working at DoubleDutch

Pros

The best part of working for DoubleDutch is the people. Hands down. I work with some of the most vibrant and intelligent people I have ever met. Every person I meet at this company has been so nice and welcoming. Not once have I felt unsupported and I always know that I can reach out to leadership for backup, including the cofounders. Lawrence and Pankaj are very approachable and receptive to feedback about the company and product. I really feel like I am a part of the DoubleDutch community and have enjoyed every minute of working here. One of the seven core values at DoubleDutch is Be Passionate and it can't describe the culture of this company any better. I feel challenged by the work I do in Customer Success and feel like my work is having a positive impact on the company.

Cons

A real challenge working for DoubleDutch is maintaining a healthy work/life balance. The events industry can be very stressful and demanding. You may encounter very early phone calls, endure late evenings resolving issues, and feel overwhelmed at times. However, every morning I show up to work with a smile knowing that I have a brilliant, hardworking, supportive team of friends that I have the pleasure of working with.

Advice to Management

In order to scale, I highly recommend focusing on development pathing and investing in your people. The company hires very positive, intelligent overachievers and these types of personalities all thrive on new opportunities. Create these opportunities internally and you will build a long-lasting community. I would also recommend a more robust benefits package with a focus on work/life balance.

Rocky Road, Bright Future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch

Pros

I've been at DoubleDutch for just over 2 years now, and while I've experienced a few rocky moments, I see a really bright future for myself here. I was hired at DoubleDutch for a very specific role, and within just a few months was able to expand my responsibilities into much more than that. Since joining, my manager has helped me transform my role into what I want it to be; encouraging and celebrating my desire to take on new and exciting tasks that I've never done before; and (I feel) is helping me get to where I want to go in my career. The people I get to work with make coming to work every day a joy. If that's not enough, the sheer volume of amazing food and shopping in the neighborhood makes lunchtime a fun adventure every day. We recently implemented a 360 degree feedback tool that i think will really help everyone in the organization grow and get better. To sum it up, I feel like I opportunity to do the best work of my life at DoubleDutch.

Cons

This is my first startup experience, so i don't have much to compare it to, but naturally the company has gone through some growing pains. The initial management team was comprised of very young and inexperienced managers. As the company has grown I've seen these same people come a long way, but of course there are still opportunities to improve. I mentioned 360 feedback earlier, which I think will have a huge impact on everyone's growth in the company. I don't feel like I have a great work-life balance. Management seems more fixated on face time instead of the quality of work produced. I often feel like I'm expected to come in early, stay late, work through the night and on weekends. I understand that sometimes we have to buckle up and make sacrifices, but I don't think that's a fair expectation to have on such a frequent basis. If I wanted to get extremely gripey, I'd say that our benefits could use more of a makeover to be truly competitive with similar employers. I don't get the sense that our PTO, work from home, or sick day policies are enforced the same across various teams in the organization. But, I don't think it's for lack of trying.

Advice to Management

Create more consistency in communication (and enforcement) across the entire organization when it comes to PTO, sick time, and working from home.

Startup needs a huge overhaul

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New benefits are competitive and industry standard. Random lunches are encouraged, help you meet and understand what your coworkers do for the company. Some of the best, smartest, skilled people I've ever worked with and remain friends. Lucian is the best. If you have a chance to work with him take it at all costs you won't regret it. I begged him to adopt me but it wasn't in the cards. I have hope for the future that our paths will cross. I love DoubleDutch, i loved my job, I loved the work I did, and I loved the people I worked with. I still refer people to work there and actively look for jobs for peers.

Cons

Management in Accounting/Finance lacks self-proclaimed communication and management skills. Your safety is always at risk in or around the building.

Advice to Management

Make Lucian the executive team standard. Take harassment seriously and professionally train the executive team to behave appropriately. Let HR do their job you hired the best, utilize human resources, and give them the power to do what is right. The excuse "it's a start-up" is a weak excuse at best.

RSS Feed </> Embed