DoubleDutch Reviews

Lawrence Coburn

Amazing Intern Experience

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch (Less than a year)

Pros

Great mentorship and support for all of the interns. The interns are given a variety of projects they can work on - at all levels in development. The team is small enough that interns do very important work, but large enough that there isn't a huge amount of pressure on them. People are extremely friendly and everyone is friends with everyone. I did not sense any negativity at all at any point during my internship.

Cons

There isn't a lot of communication between the interns and employees on other teams.

2. Great startup with lots of potential

Current Intern - MBA Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - MBA Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. CEO provides a very high level of transparency to employees. Excited to see where the company goes next after this latest round of funding.

Cons

Building has some issues, but recent strides have been made (including security guard)

What's not to love?

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down one of the most innovative solutions to the event space. Great company, great people, huge growth potential.

Cons

My only con other than the office being in the mission is no 401k match. Office most likely won't be in the mission too much longer which will make the only con - No 401K match.

Advice to Management

Project development and and engineering is among the best I've seen. Some of the smartest individuals in their fields. Keep up the great hiring. 401K match!

Demanding but rewarding

Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - SDR in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vision, culture and people are the best part about this company. One of the best paid SDRs in the Bay Area if you're hitting your quotas.

Cons

Demanding role but reward can be high. The office location would be flawless if not were for the fixer-upper building the company operates out of.

Advice to Management

Leverage solidarity amongst entire sales team (Enterprise works upstairs).

Sales Development Representative

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch (Less than a year)

Pros

People, Vision, Culture are unmatched. Management is there to help and they are transparent about what is going on at a high level.

Cons

Not many but I would say that moving up feels like its more political than actually rewarded on performance or tenure.

Advice to Management

Promote people based off of how long they have been at the company, there should be checks and balances so that one person or manager cannot block someone from moving up

Growing company in fun market!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, awesome product, fun market to be involved with!

Cons

Elevators go up and down slowwwwwly. Better to take the stairs and get some exercise!

Advice to Management

Perhaps fewer internal emails and more face to face meetings. Otherwise, love the leadership!

SDR

Current Employee - Sales Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Great Culture from the firm. Everyone seems to be on the same team working towards the same goal for the most part.

Cons

The ramp pay is really messed up. It's impossible to make OTE during the ramp period which is exactly the opposite of what I'd expect.

So Far, So Great!!!

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are absolutely outstanding individuals. The is a real commitment to culture, professional development, and success. I appreciate this commitment to quality work and a dedication to great products.

Cons

It is still very much a start-up. It is part of it's appeal. (I should have put that in the pro column as well). I can feel the expansion of the business. It manifests itself if some cumbersome ways, but it's all part of growth!

Advice to Management

Stay committed to quality people and superb products.

A "Rocket Ship" of a Startup!

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I have worked for several very well known and successful startups, and this is by far the best group of people I have ever had the pleasure of being around on a daily basis. The energy here is extremely potent...as we say at the office, "we are all riding a rocket ship together." I could not be more excited to be a part of this team and this company. The leadership is incredibly communicative and understands that great people are what build a great product. Many companies lose sight of that, making their employees feel like they are less important than the product...not at DoubleDutch. It honestly feels like a family here, accepting an offer to join was the best career choice I have made thus far. And a final note -- Lawrence is far and away the best Founder and CEO I have ever spoken with, and certainly the best I have ever worked for.

Cons

Typical cons of a startup -- growing out of our office space, cross department communication can suffer from time to time, trouble hiring quickly (which is good, because you want to be picky), pay is a little bit under the average salary you might receive from a large company (but totally worth the small pay cut to be part of such an amazing team), and a bit of a strange vacation policy for a startup.

Advice to Management

I have full trust in the management and their vision for the company. My advice would be to not feel rushed to hire quickly, be sure we are always holding out for the right fit. Also, I would reconsider the vacation policy, I worry it may deter potentially great engineering talent from coming on board. Scaling a company is hard, especially when you are just starting to get bigger. I think management is doing a good job of consistently evaluating communication processes and collaboration across different teams. It is a great time to be a DoubleDutch employee!

Be Passionate

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The best part of working for DoubleDutch is the people. Hands down. I work with some of the most vibrant and intelligent people I have ever met. Every person I meet at this company has been so nice and welcoming. Not once have I felt unsupported and I always know that I can reach out to leadership for backup, including the cofounders. Lawrence and Pankaj are very approachable and receptive to feedback about the company and product. I really feel like I am a part of the DoubleDutch community and have enjoyed every minute of working here. One of the seven core values at DoubleDutch is Be Passionate and it can't describe the culture of this company any better. I feel challenged by the work I do in Customer Success and feel like my work is having a positive impact on the company.

Cons

A real challenge working for DoubleDutch is maintaining a healthy work/life balance. The events industry can be very stressful and demanding. You may encounter very early phone calls, endure late evenings resolving issues, and feel overwhelmed at times. However, every morning I show up to work with a smile knowing that I have a brilliant, hardworking, supportive team of friends that I have the pleasure of working with.

Advice to Management

In order to scale, I highly recommend focusing on development pathing and investing in your people. The company hires very positive, intelligent overachievers and these types of personalities all thrive on new opportunities. Create these opportunities internally and you will build a long-lasting community. I would also recommend a more robust benefits package with a focus on work/life balance.

RSS Feed </> Embed