DoubleDutch

Updated November 23, 2014
4.9

Lawrence Coburn

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I'm so thankful to call DoubleDutch home.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

DoubleDutch is an amazing place to work. My colleagues' passion and enthusiasm for what they do is contagious and motivating, and we all sincerely believe in the product we're pushing. The opportunity for growth and development is unprecedented — I feel fortunate to be working at a start-up that isn't slowing down anytime soon. No matter how big we get, we pride ourselves on always keeping our vision and core values at the forefront.

Cons

Sometimes The Mission can get weird, but it's San Francisco — it happens. Growing pains inevitably come up here and there, but our Senior Management has the foresight to address issues proactively.

We're growing fast which is exciting, but let's still keep our hiring standards high, especially when it comes to culture fits and fulfilling needs on a team level.

Startup needs a huge overhaul

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DoubleDutch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

New benefits are competitive and industry standard. Random lunches are encouraged, help you meet and understand what your coworkers do for the company. Some of the best, smartest, skilled people I've ever worked with and remain friends. Lucian is the best. If you have a chance to work with him take it at all costs you won't regret it. I begged him to adopt me but it wasn't in the cards. I have hope for the future that our paths will cross. I love DoubleDutch, i loved my job, I loved the work I did, and I loved the people I worked with. I still refer people to work there and actively look for jobs for peers.

Cons

Management in Accounting/Finance lacks self-proclaimed communication and management skills. Your safety is always at risk in or around the building.

Make Lucian the executive team standard. Take harassment seriously and professionally train the executive team to behave appropriately. Let HR do their job you hired the best, utilize human resources, and give them the power to do what is right. The excuse "it's a start-up" is a weak excuse at best.

Misery in the Mission

Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DoubleDutch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Young and friendly team, plus all the mishaps and joys that go along with working in the start-up world all within one building. Also, fun and exciting elevator rides.

Cons

Sales over-promised heavily making my job as a CSM a true nightmare. The only helpful "data" that this data-driven event app company was able to provide was what meal their attendees liked best. Great idea in theory, not in practice. The company's cultural tenets (i.e. Be Transparent, , Be a Pioneer) would be better if they were actually practiced.

Great people, definite growing pains

Current Employee - Business Deveolpment in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Deveolpment in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A fun, vibrant environment. A lot of very talented, great people. Be prepared to up your game and be challenged daily. Overall a great place to work.

Cons

In the beginning it was about trying to find the niche. It took some time before we knew what was the ideal buyer, so there was a lot of experimentation. It's a very young startup.

Focus on the right objectives and keep the people that help you build the company.

Hope is Not a Strategy

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time

Pros

The people and the product are a plus...what else can I say? I suppose they have pinball now and our benefits were finally upgraded to standard industry levels.

Cons

I have yet to hit quota and am not alone. Only 10% of the team hits quota on any given month and most of those people get all the inbound leads. There is no opportunity for growth unless you are one of the "chosen ones" best bet is you get moved to Customer Success where things are equally a mess.

Not leaving anytime soon

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time

Pros

- Our senior management leads with total class and are unmatched transparency
    - Phenomenal team co-workers
    - I am in control of my own success
    - We are small enough that individual contributors can still see their accomplishments impact the success of the company

Cons

Benefits and HR processes are a work in progress. Few employees are realizing full value of benefits due to complexity and transitions between providers.

Invest more notably into individual employee skills training & development

I love this company! Be creative, work with a great team, and learn.

Current Employee - Android Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Android Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people. I love working with everyone at the company - the people are genuinely nice while also being driven to do their best work. The team is very open to suggestions - engineers can contribute a lot to the design process, if they want.

Cons

Sketchy elevators. Honestly, I find this amusing and semi-adventurous; it's never a safety concern, they just take you to the wrong floor sometimes.

Don't let the impending need for profitability restrict our vision.

Great company, good people - a little disorganized

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DoubleDutch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-awesome people that are willing to help eachother
    -Good culture that makes you smile
    -flexibile scheduling and fun atmosphere

Cons

-Lack of organization and growth within the org

More structure

Amazing Company, Amazing People, Amazing Culture

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time

Pros

--Great benefits
    --Amazing coworkers
    --Transparency from all sides of the business
    --I feel like everyone cares for each other in a way that is not found in most corporate cultures

Cons

--Elevators (but if my biggest complaint is an elevator, there's not much to complain about!)

Remain transparent. Keep the focus on the internal employee while we scale bigger. Provide internal growth opportunities.

Great place to be

Current Employee - Product & Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product & Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleDutch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome, fast-paced company focused on its product and its people
     - Full Transparency & No Terrible People are core values—and they really mean it!
     - The CEO and management team make time for anyone
     - Amazing Product & Engineering team
     - Team & Company Culture are as important to management as sales numbers and product features
     - Free snacks all the time, lunch/breakfast programs exist if not perfect, health benefits, device stipends, plus others

Cons

Although they've been around a couple years, they're still very much a start-up
     - Work/Life Balance needs constant vigilance
     - Being at the office can be stressful because the office is a horrible crowded mess with terrible climate control
     - If it's freezing outside, the air conditioning is usually blasting in the office, if it's sweltering outside, the heat is usually on
     - Because of space and environment limitations, it can be almost impossible to get work done without being at the office for 15 hours straight some days

Keep being transparent and awesome! And buy the building already!!