DoubleVerify

Updated February 11, 2015
Updated February 11, 2015
3.5

Wayne Gattinella

Exciting time to be here!

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is pretty exciting time to be working at DV. At a crossroad in digital media when the landscape is evolving, DV solutions are cutting edge and dynamic. Employees have a real hands-on opportunity to shape the growth and future of the company. Open door policy to product, engineering and senior management. The environment is fun, focus on culture is key, work life balance is well established. Many employees are promoted and have a long track record of success at DV. For a company who created the entire landscape that we operate in, and to be able to provide innovative solutions to current issues plaguing the industry, this truly is an exciting time to be at DV.

Cons

Finding talented people can be challenging at times, as we have a complicated business.

Continue to share company progress and performance to the team.

Making Amazing Strides!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Positive environment, everyone works as a team and by everyone I mean everyone- Account Managers, Sales, Engineering, Tech Ops, doesn't matter what group someone is in, we all feel like we are one team working towards the same goal, fun events, fun-loving group of people who help create an amazing work place culture. Employees who care about their work and love doing what they do. Amazing product suite that is getting better and stronger every day! Work life balance is achievable here at DV, there are always times where projects or end of month deadlines are to be met, but in general I personally feel work-life balance is achievable!

Cons

Business is growing and its hard to hire people fast enough ( I guess this is kind of a good thing!)

Keep up the good work with the monthly all hands meetings. The information provided is very helpful and lets us all know where stand in the market place and internally.

Grow faster please

Current Employee - Development in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Development in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Exciting time to be working here, products are working and customers are relatively happy. Management in engineering gives a lot of freedom and the challenges we're working on are both difficult and interesting. Culture is great and something the company actively focuses on. The company is a startup in terms of energy but mature in its work-life balance.

Cons

We need more people. There are too many projects and opportunities to be handled by the relatively small team. Finding good people is hard and it is perhaps the biggest risk to the business. Need to spend more time and money on the culture of recruitment.

Moar ppl plz

I couldn't be happier

I have been working at DoubleVerify

Pros

Ability to work in at a business that works to change the way our industry is set up. There is so much to learn about the space - DV is a great vessel for that education. Culture is very laxed and they pay well if you work well. Great corporate events, their HR is very hands on and approachable, fun group that doesn't take themselves too seriously.

Cons

Area where the office is - 38th and 8th - probably the worst place ever.

Consider moving to the Flatiron

Fun work environment

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

double verify has a very fun work environment and great people. the company also has great products and services. they also supply with plenty of food and snacks

Cons

double verify can get very busy given the time of year and the work life balance can be compromised, but only happens from time to time.

more training and continue to improve transparency.

Great team bogged down by poor management

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance; employee time off is respected.
    Good location
    Not sure if this is still valid (I left several months ago), but account management team has a few very capable people (although heard about recent attrition)

Cons

Absolutely zero focus on employee development - performance reviews are not discussed but "handed out".
    Management is fickle minded and generally inept at coming with a broad strategy to handle the growing competition.
    Lack of communication between product, AM/sales and marketing.
    A few people at the top call all the shots, which means the lower level employees spend more time in conforming rather than innovating. As some other reviewer put it earlier, senior management is indeed utterly obnoxious in spite of not meeting targets several quarters in a row.

To clear the air

I worked at DoubleVerify

Pros

I am only writing this review because I heard people thought I wrote something negative after I left. This is not the case. I had a great time at DV, the people are great, and overall the environment was fun.

Cons

I left because ultimately it wasn't the right place for me. People don't understand why I left, but I am the only one who is going to look out for my career. If you're reading these reviews, don't take them seriously make your own decisions and evaluations.

They should already know what they need to work on, they don't need me to tell them.

Wonderful people to work with, still not a mature organization. (yet)

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, dogs (sometimes) in the office, bagel Friday's, monthly happy hours, and other activities. Definitely early adopters of technology, and so having exposure to some pretty new things. Products are innovative.

Cons

Team management still has a long way to go in terms of maturing as an organization. More transparency needed around projects, and more stringent documentation procedures. Assignments are micro-managed at times, which can become very difficult to work with.

Keep it going- you guys are doing a great job, and headed the right direction.

Management bringing the company down

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really intelligent and fun colleagues, interesting technology that the company takes pride in, some perks are nice

Cons

Management isn't doing anything positive to grow the company or its reputation. Internal communication is sloppy and unprofessional. The rumor mill runs wild. The budget for sales team is a joke it is so limited. The disparity in employee compensation is nonsensical. Company is not respected in the industry.

Start appreciating employees that work hard and do a lot for the company.

Why do employees leave?

Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Digital media is in general a high-growth/high-excitement space to be in.

Cons

DV's technology is weak, resulting into manual business processes that cost time, countless mistakes, poor client service and frustration on a daily basis. Poor company structure leads to frequent responsibility overlaps that cause internal conflict and client frustration. Management is aloof, lucks vision and is unable to maintain talent. Very high turnover gravely impacts productivity and business growth. Pay is below industry standards.

Invest on process automation and start showing some respect to your people.