DoubleVerify

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Wayne Gattinella

Fast moving startup with momentum

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe company has been around for a long time but it's essentially a new startup because it "reset" about 2 years ago. New leadership and new strategy have led to an environment where everyone works hard and gets rewarded. Extremely flexible time-off policy, above market pay, and smart team. When things are going well for a startup, it's the most fun place to be. Also they've done a very good job at improving culture.

ConsThe company needs to be less conservative with expansion. We need to grow faster than we are and are at risk of letting others take away market share. The company also has a little cloud over it due to some of the issues it had 2+ years ago. There was extremely high turnover and some client dissatisfaction and as a result it's not seen as being as cool as it once was.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course and keep executing. Resetting a company doesn't seem fun but being an underdog while also being the market leader is a cool position to be in.

Great team bogged down by poor management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat work-life balance; employee time off is respected.
    Good location
    Not sure if this is still valid (I left several months ago), but account management team has a few very capable people (although heard about recent attrition)

ConsAbsolutely zero focus on employee development - performance reviews are not discussed but "handed out".
    Management is fickle minded and generally inept at coming with a broad strategy to handle the growing competition.
    Lack of communication between product, AM/sales and marketing.
    A few people at the top call all the shots, which means the lower level employees spend more time in conforming rather than innovating. As some other reviewer put it earlier, senior management is indeed utterly obnoxious in spite of not meeting targets several quarters in a row.

To clear the air

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI am only writing this review because I heard people thought I wrote something negative after I left. This is not the case. I had a great time at DV, the people are great, and overall the environment was fun.

ConsI left because ultimately it wasn't the right place for me. People don't understand why I left, but I am the only one who is going to look out for my career. If you're reading these reviews, don't take them seriously make your own decisions and evaluations.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should already know what they need to work on, they don't need me to tell them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful people to work with, still not a mature organization. (yet)

(Former Employee)

ProsGreat work environment, dogs (sometimes) in the office, bagel Friday's, monthly happy hours, and other activities. Definitely early adopters of technology, and so having exposure to some pretty new things. Products are innovative.

ConsTeam management still has a long way to go in terms of maturing as an organization. More transparency needed around projects, and more stringent documentation procedures. Assignments are micro-managed at times, which can become very difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it going- you guys are doing a great job, and headed the right direction.

Management bringing the company down

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsReally intelligent and fun colleagues, interesting technology that the company takes pride in, some perks are nice

ConsManagement isn't doing anything positive to grow the company or its reputation. Internal communication is sloppy and unprofessional. The rumor mill runs wild. The budget for sales team is a joke it is so limited. The disparity in employee compensation is nonsensical. Company is not respected in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart appreciating employees that work hard and do a lot for the company.

Why do employees leave?

Account Management (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsDigital media is in general a high-growth/high-excitement space to be in.

ConsDV's technology is weak, resulting into manual business processes that cost time, countless mistakes, poor client service and frustration on a daily basis. Poor company structure leads to frequent responsibility overlaps that cause internal conflict and client frustration. Management is aloof, lucks vision and is unable to maintain talent. Very high turnover gravely impacts productivity and business growth. Pay is below industry standards.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest on process automation and start showing some respect to your people.

In Sharp Decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Time off policies are respected.
    -Bagel Fridays.

Cons-Teams are constantly understaffed, due to high employee turnover, resulting in unmanageable workloads, high pressure and low morale for those left behind.
    -Heavy favoritism; backstabbing behavior is not only encouraged but rewarded with promotions and other benefits by management.
    -Management lacks vision and leadership skills. Everyone follows a secret agenda.
    -The company is investing heavily in products and services that are not meeting market adoption.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick up a management book to teach yourselves leadership skills.

Mixed Bag

(Current Employee)

ProsOn the whole, this company hires interesting and engaging employees. If anyone can make online ad verification cool, its this group. Employees are treated to small office celebrations, including happy hours (however, these events do not occur as frequently as promised and with miniscule budgets).

ConsSenior Management is utterly obnoxious and shows little regard for others as hard-working employees...or even human beings. A classic case of too many cooks in the kitchen, blurred division of labor and people who do not take "no" for an answer (in the worst way possible).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves.

Worst ever.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsA few of the lower ranking employees were cool, or rather, decent, normal, people (unlike management & above, who were all evil, insane, and/or incompetent).

ConsProducts didn't work. Executive team lacked direction, organization, even basic skills. Unmanageable workloads. Terrible benefits (Nothing deducted from paychecks because nothing covered!). Heavy favoritism / witch hunts. People "promoted," only to be fired shortly thereafter. Extramarital activity galore.

Advice to Senior ManagementPray that you don't go to hell for how you treat people here.

RUNNNNNNN

Senior Director Sales (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGot the first mover advantage and were first to kill that quickly.

ConsNo focus, extremely polarized work environment, contractual terms are not honored and lacks vision.

Advice to Senior ManagementIs there a management?

Worked for DoubleVerify? Contribute to the Community!