DoubleVerify

2.8

Wayne Gattinella

To clear the air

I worked at DoubleVerify

Pros

I am only writing this review because I heard people thought I wrote something negative after I left. This is not the case. I had a great time at DV, the people are great, and overall the environment was fun.

Cons

I left because ultimately it wasn't the right place for me. People don't understand why I left, but I am the only one who is going to look out for my career. If you're reading these reviews, don't take them seriously make your own decisions and evaluations.

They should already know what they need to work on, they don't need me to tell them.

Great team bogged down by poor management

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time

Pros

Great work-life balance; employee time off is respected.
    Good location
    Not sure if this is still valid (I left several months ago), but account management team has a few very capable people (although heard about recent attrition)

Cons

Absolutely zero focus on employee development - performance reviews are not discussed but "handed out".
    Management is fickle minded and generally inept at coming with a broad strategy to handle the growing competition.
    Lack of communication between product, AM/sales and marketing.
    A few people at the top call all the shots, which means the lower level employees spend more time in conforming rather than innovating. As some other reviewer put it earlier, senior management is indeed utterly obnoxious in spite of not meeting targets several quarters in a row.

Fast moving startup with momentum

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has been around for a long time but it's essentially a new startup because it "reset" about 2 years ago. New leadership and new strategy have led to an environment where everyone works hard and gets rewarded. Extremely flexible time-off policy, above market pay, and smart team. When things are going well for a startup, it's the most fun place to be. Also they've done a very good job at improving culture.

Cons

The company needs to be less conservative with expansion. We need to grow faster than we are and are at risk of letting others take away market share. The company also has a little cloud over it due to some of the issues it had 2+ years ago. There was extremely high turnover and some client dissatisfaction and as a result it's not seen as being as cool as it once was.

Stay the course and keep executing. Resetting a company doesn't seem fun but being an underdog while also being the market leader is a cool position to be in.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful people to work with, still not a mature organization. (yet)

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, dogs (sometimes) in the office, bagel Friday's, monthly happy hours, and other activities. Definitely early adopters of technology, and so having exposure to some pretty new things. Products are innovative.

Cons

Team management still has a long way to go in terms of maturing as an organization. More transparency needed around projects, and more stringent documentation procedures. Assignments are micro-managed at times, which can become very difficult to work with.

Keep it going- you guys are doing a great job, and headed the right direction.

Management bringing the company down

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really intelligent and fun colleagues, interesting technology that the company takes pride in, some perks are nice

Cons

Management isn't doing anything positive to grow the company or its reputation. Internal communication is sloppy and unprofessional. The rumor mill runs wild. The budget for sales team is a joke it is so limited. The disparity in employee compensation is nonsensical. Company is not respected in the industry.

Start appreciating employees that work hard and do a lot for the company.

Why do employees leave?

Current Employee - Account Management  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Digital media is in general a high-growth/high-excitement space to be in.

Cons

DV's technology is weak, resulting into manual business processes that cost time, countless mistakes, poor client service and frustration on a daily basis. Poor company structure leads to frequent responsibility overlaps that cause internal conflict and client frustration. Management is aloof, lucks vision and is unable to maintain talent. Very high turnover gravely impacts productivity and business growth. Pay is below industry standards.

Invest on process automation and start showing some respect to your people.

In Sharp Decline

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Time off policies are respected.
    -Bagel Fridays.

Cons

-Teams are constantly understaffed, due to high employee turnover, resulting in unmanageable workloads, high pressure and low morale for those left behind.
    -Heavy favoritism; backstabbing behavior is not only encouraged but rewarded with promotions and other benefits by management.
    -Management lacks vision and leadership skills. Everyone follows a secret agenda.
    -The company is investing heavily in products and services that are not meeting market adoption.

Pick up a management book to teach yourselves leadership skills.

Mixed Bag

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time for more than a year

Pros

On the whole, this company hires interesting and engaging employees. If anyone can make online ad verification cool, its this group. Employees are treated to small office celebrations, including happy hours (however, these events do not occur as frequently as promised and with miniscule budgets).

Cons

Senior Management is utterly obnoxious and shows little regard for others as hard-working employees...or even human beings. A classic case of too many cooks in the kitchen, blurred division of labor and people who do not take "no" for an answer (in the worst way possible).

Get over yourselves.

Worst ever.

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time for less than a year

Pros

A few of the lower ranking employees were cool, or rather, decent, normal, people (unlike management & above, who were all evil, insane, and/or incompetent).

Cons

Products didn't work. Executive team lacked direction, organization, even basic skills. Unmanageable workloads. Terrible benefits (Nothing deducted from paychecks because nothing covered!). Heavy favoritism / witch hunts. People "promoted," only to be fired shortly thereafter. Extramarital activity galore.

Pray that you don't go to hell for how you treat people here.

RUNNNNNNN

Former Employee - Senior Director Sales  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Director Sales in New York, NY

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Got the first mover advantage and were first to kill that quickly.

Cons

No focus, extremely polarized work environment, contractual terms are not honored and lacks vision.

Is there a management?

Worked for DoubleVerify? Contribute to the Community!