Doubletree By Hilton

Updated January 24, 2015
3.1

Doubletree By Hilton President and CEO, Hilton Hotels Chris Nassetta
Chris Nassetta

Pros
  • Free food and great employees, easy job, don't expect much (in 3 reviews)

• Great location, just off Interstate 80 frwy (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There was very little support from upper management levels and little direction, many managers were over bearing whilst other distant (in 4 reviews)

• Some management does not care about fair treatment for all emplyees (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Housekeeper

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Doubletree By Hilton full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talking to guests and helping them with whatever they need. Also getting to know my co workers. They're pretty amazing people to work with.

Cons

Worked to death. Have to fold our own linens. We basically have to do everyone's job in our department because no one cares enough for there job to help anyone out. We have people in the laundry that come to work anytime that they want and take lunch for about an hour. Then they go back to work and do absolutely nothing but walk in and out of the bathroom and kitchen. Not caring if we have the right materials upstairs so it's easier for us. Management doesn't do much but sit in the office with the door closed.

Please take a look at this property. The good employees are talking about leaving and going to to another job because this work environment is extremely stressful. With not being able to talk to people about the issues that are going on. just because they don't care. Not having the right leadership will run really good people out.

Learning environment, supportive management.

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor in Rohnert Park, CA
    Current Employee - Food and Beverage Supervisor in Rohnert Park, CA

I have been working at Doubletree By Hilton

Pros

Great health insurance, team member travel discount are amazing. Blackstone marketplace for hilton employees is added bennifit, discounts on anything from clothes to cars , cells.

Cons

Lots politics , be prepared to work long days.

They are fair and understanding. learn a lot from them.

Managed By Children

Former Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Front Desk Supervisor in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Doubletree By Hilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I received an exceptional amount of training through Hilton Univeristy. I was able to become fully trained in the orld of full service luxury hotels and work with some pretty important clients. I also got to experience food and beverage while working there.

Cons

The AGM is a 26 year kid, the front office manager was a 23 year old kid. They lacked the experience and know how to efficiently train, and utilize employees. Their management skills (for lack of a better word) SUCKED!

Take notice and give credit to the employees that truly deserve it. Don't hire your friends. And when you create policy, stick to it and practice what you preach. It is impossible to create policy on the fly! Stick to the manual...it's there in writing for a reason! Act as you expect your employees to act, and don't use the Presidential Suite as your personal hot spot to bring your dates!!!!

Not a good place to STAY fair would be right.

Former Employee - Driver in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Driver in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Doubletree By Hilton

Pros

Most of the employees watch out for each other.One good manager name Gerard Harris who in every staff members eyes should have been mgr. Great location easy access to all highways close to the stadiums and not far from the city.

Cons

New manager is rude. He walks around like a peacock in heat. I watched him embarrass a front desk employee because he thought her earnings were to big (he should have read the hand book) no surprise their; As most big corporations they have no clue (only a few do in there system) Hotel is old, work improvement of course were a embarrassment You have to stop the leaks before you repair the inside(like being on the Titanic). Black mole growing throughout the building. I must say my breathing has improved greatly since leaving. I would not stay there knowing what I know. Employees are under paid.Stay at your own risk !!!!!!

Fix the out side so all the money you spent will not be spent again, repairing the rooms that will be trashed again due to weather. Call in a contractor who can elemental the Black Mole or (tear it down and start again. Give the assistant Mgr.a chance instead of bring in want a bees to the job. Then maybe just maybe it will become a good place to work ?
    There are so many thing wrong with this place i could go on for a long time. Chesapeake is not a good management company. If i were the Hilton Chain I would drop them. and rename it Micro hotel.O by the way they could not hold on to the Hilton name because of its problems WELCOME TO DOUBLE TREE (sorry)

No balance, extremely stressful beyond the normal scope of the job

I have been working at Doubletree By Hilton

Pros

Good benefits as hilton brand

Cons

Upper management is like high school. If they like you you can do just fine. If not they will push you out regardless of weather you do a good job or not. Lots of favoritism and unfairness. No work life balance for management and they expect them to come before anything else in your life including family and children. Unreasonable demands and short staff.

Open your eyes. See who might not be perfect but works their butt off day in and day out and recognize that instead of the employee who kisses your butt

Front Desk

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Doubletree By Hilton part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The hotel has a high potential with better management.

Cons

One can not survive on that salary alone. General manager was problematic and the work environment is not so friendly

The high turnover at the Front desk is a clear indication that there is a major problem with the top management at the hotel.

Great Benefits...Poor Quality of Life

Former Employee - Banquet Manager in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Banquet Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at Doubletree By Hilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good place to learn
    Hourly staff quite friendly and supportive
    Benefits are strong, though medical/dental have much to be desired
    Many reward programs (especially for hourly team members) and many "give aways"

Cons

Management often forces a poor work/life balance
    Strong favoritism among management and quite
    Management open argue/fight on hotel floor or in back of house

Improve work/life balance (easily burn out new managers)
    Equal enforcement of rules/regulations and reviews

Worst place ever

I worked at Doubletree By Hilton

Pros

Pay was decent
    schedule was cool once you got senoroty

Cons

Perverted management
    send you home early
    horrible ran
    gross rooms
    Terruble guest

You need to fire everode in management and start over.

Good company

Former Employee - Food & Beverage in Pitts, PA
    Former Employee - Food & Beverage in Pitts, PA

I worked at Doubletree By Hilton full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced and offers good service

Cons

Sometimes guests needs way outnumber staffs lives

Value management team more

my work experience at Double Tree are always changing

Current Employee - Banquet Server in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Banquet Server in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Doubletree By Hilton part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I empowered to make executive decisions about my job on daily basis. My manager allows me to freely do my job to ensure great customer service and guest relations

Cons

It is hard to keep hard working individuals in our department because we work long hours and long days and the work in not consistant

try to hire quality individuals who need and want to work

Doubletree By Hilton Photos