Douglas Emmett

Updated Jul 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jordan L. Kaplan

Do not trust this company

Engineer (Former Employee) Woodland Hills, CA

ProsCoworkers and.....let me think some more....

ConsAn untrustworthy management that is not in touch with reality. Pay that is worthy of the early 80's and if you have to fill out your own review to get a holiday bonus, think about that. Upper management is disconnected and middle management are yes men. No educational benefit other than TPC training. Low end, high co payment health insurance...consider Obama care before applying . I wonder why there is not a revolving door in HR as there is high turn over when people finally get what this company is all about. If you are a corporate yes man...apply here.

Advice to Senior ManagementPull your head out of some where and stop ruling by fear and intimidation. Stop taking kickbacks from outside contractors. Do not plead poverty while dumping money into purchase of buildings in Los Angeles and Hawaii. Class A buildings extent pass the elevator lobby

"Recent positive reviews are most likely fake, beware!"

Accountant (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsIf you need a first job, you can start here and get some experience, but there is high turnover for a reason - they don't pay market rates and any position. In fact, you are grossly underpaid and what's worse is they know it too.

ConsPay is way under market - way way under market. It's always about the bottom line, company will not spend money to invest in aging buildings or there own office equipment. "Fear" is a tactic used in a variety of different ways to spur job performance. Definitely steer clear of this place. Best of luck to you.

Advice to Senior Managementnone - you wont consider it anyway.

Great Company I love my job!

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsRoom for growth, solid management and building team a lot of patience with training.

Consso far I have none!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue caring and wanting to see your staff succeed we see and appreciate it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the most micro-managed real estate companies

Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsI cannot think of any.

ConsUnhealthy culture, very outdated systems, very rigid in operating procedures, no career advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not look down on your employees

A safe and friendly work environment, with good benefits and lots of room for growth for committed employees.

ProsDouglas Emmett is a very fair, equal opportunity company. I feel very comfortable working here, and managers are always open to answer any questions.

ConsEmployee training can use some improvement.

my home

Accounting Manager (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsFreedom! I love the freedom I have working in DE. It makes me feel like I am working at home. It makes me wanting to go to work, I have a huge smile on Monday morning, what else can we ask for? No one tells me how to do my work, I schedule and plan my projects, as long as I meet deadlines, it is that simple. I am with DE for 14 years and plan to retire at DE.

ConsI do not have any cons.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Been here too long....

Property Management (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsNice coworkers. Pretty Stable company.

ConsLack of training, obsession with leasing but won't put money into their properties, low pay, couldn't care less about their hardworking, loyal employees, very low moral, no one is happy, too old fashioned. Employees are treated as if they are disposable. Company was much better before going public.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that your employees are smart, hardworking, and loyal. The company has a very high turnover and you really need to figure out why.

If you hard work you will succeed for the company.

Cash Accountant (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsNice and friendly people makes the day go by faster.

ConsLow pay and too much work is a common thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen to your employees.

Time to leave

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA

ProsFriendly co-workers and off-site staff.

ConsEmployee advancement is not encouraged. Promotions rarely come from within. There is an air of secrecy about personnel changes. We don't find out about it until it has happened

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees as if they are your most valuable asset and not as if everyone is expendable.

Rotten at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRelatively stable and successful company.

ConsRuled by fear. Officer level staffed by veterans who have long since lost touch with their employees and are bereft of compassion. They no longer recognize that their employees are what make the company successful. Below average pay, ethical and even moral lapses by CEO and COO.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's time to move on.

Worked for Douglas Emmett? Contribute to the Community!