Dovenmuehle Mortgage Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
William A. Mynatt

Pros
  • Work can be challenging and engaging depending on position, good place to gain experience, good place to leave and never look back (in 2 reviews)

• Great people to work with and you will be trained properly (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Little to no interaction with upper management (This reviewer has never seen most of them, even after 2 years of employment) (in 5 reviews)

• Benefits are expensive and raises/promotions are rare; no annual raises to keep up with inflation/cost of living (in 3 reviews)

Foreclosure dept

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (More than a year)

Pros

Great co workers. Consistent work. Nice facility- Kemper Lakes. Casual Friday's most of the time.

Cons

Managers and above are disconnected from the staff. No pay raises after 1 year. Your work load and responsibilities increase but not your pay. Turn over is extremely high. Some of the work is very repetitive and boring.

Advice to Management

Smile. Make eye contact and say hello. Learn names. With the turnover I realize this is tough but I'll give you a hint! The names are listed on the cubical usually. Pay good people and they will stay on. Don't expect more productivity than you put out. It is an us versus them mentality- is that what you intended?

Entry level job not a career

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entry level job gives opportunity for uneducated or inexperienced to land a job. Learn the mortgage industry and leave to a higher paying career.

Cons

Mismanagement: company is set in its ways and will not change. Countless issues have been brought up and nothing is done . Powers to help the home owners or clients due to archaic and inefficient business model.

Budget: little to no money invested in company or its employees.

Workload: ridiculous workload that effects entire company when not completed. Multiple departs are behind by weeks or months causing issues all over the company.

Short staffed: constantly under staffed with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Turn over: company would rather train new people than incentivize people to stay.

Advice to Management

Since management will remain for eternity at DMI. My suggestion is call in outside help to consult. You are stuck in your ways and issues continue to happen. You are to blame not the employees or middle managers who fear for their jobs so they won't speak up. Being the biggest sub servicer is a great achievement. But the path you took isn't sustainable.

Senior Default Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Default Analyst in Cary, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Default Analyst in Cary, IL

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (More than 5 years)

Pros

A company with all the benefits, health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and 401.
    Corporate casual dress code with a nice working enviorment.

Cons

Always short handed, excess work for an eight hour day.

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Volo, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Volo, IL

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good training. Decent atmosphere. I really enjoyed my coworkers. Pay was pretty good for the work I was doing. Lake Zurich offices are in a very nice building with a great cafeteria and fitness center.

Cons

Nothing that's really horrible or anything. It's corporate America, so there was really no interaction with anyone above my direct supervisor, and for me that was fine. I'm guessing if you're hoping to climb the ladder, you can figure it out. For me, I'm not like that. To each his own. Parking was on site, but sometimes had to walk quite a distance.

Advice to Management

I have no complaints about my time there unless I'm being super nit-picky. I'd suggest maybe being more visible and say hi to some of the underlings once in a while. An atta-boy or pat on the back actually goes a long way. Appreciation is huge.

6. Not good

Former Employee - Research Support Representative in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Research Support Representative in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours. Liked my co-workers.

Cons

Huge turn around. Alot of unhappy customers.

Great people to work with, no one there gives an eff and it's kind of amazing. Good first job out of college for resume.

Current Employee - Bankruptcy Representative in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - Bankruptcy Representative in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage

Pros

Easy to get in, good resume builder, better then min wage job whether that it's retail or a restaurant job. You'll make awesome friends. The building itself is amazing - gym is $20 a year! (not a month) The gym is actually pretty good and not that crowded. It has personal showers with free 3 in one shampoo dispensers. Free towel service, they wash the towels you use. Free scope and lotion in the locker rooms. You can get a key to store you're stuff in the gym too for overnight. Starbucks coffee is sold there. The building has a really nice cafeteria with a huge open seating area with music. The building they rent out of is great, and it's on a golf course so nice view. You will never have to worry about parking. Lot's of young people, but a good amount of ages all around really. DMI has free coffee, tea, sugar, creamer. You can move up very quickly if you stay. Health insurance is BlueCross Blue shield.

Cons

They are notorious for giving 1% (one percent) annual raises IF you qualify, most of the time you won't. High turn over rate, thus upper management is unexperienced, don't know what they're doing. They will hire almost anyone, including documented coke dealers that get arrested multiple times at work and still won't fire them. Healthcare is really expensive, lowest plan is $80 a paycheck, all the way up to around $450 for a family PPO plan, a paycheck. Unless this is your first job out of college or you're unemployed, you probably can get a better paying job.

Advice to Management

I hope they realize one day that investing in their employees that are committed, will help the growth and quality service of the company, even if it requires to pay them more. But it seems like they take advantage of the poor economy and people desperate for jobs so that they can offer cheap sub-servicing to lenders.

8. Management

Former Employee - Management in Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage

Pros

The best part of the company is the stability factor.

Cons

The location should be closer to the train and all three locations should be combined.

step back into the dinosaur age, where the motto is "do more with less" & never think outside the box

Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - IT Project Manager in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Facility is nice (rent from Kemper lakes)
    Some really good people - sadly they'll never move up because they're good! part pro and part con
    Free coffee
    Good corp training team
    Assistants are fantastic
    Overall there's some really great people, unfortunately they're fearful to shine because that's frowned upon.
    Government Regulations - Because this industry is highly regulated, many are hopeful they'll be fined due to being unable to meet guidelines, and hopefully be unable to continue to pretend to run a business.
    Sometimes you get a casual day where jeans are allowed!

Cons

Peanuts for pay
    insane workloads
    unattainable deadlines
    Scope changes depending on who is speaking
    Worst business model I've ever seen
    Sr. Management gets physically and verbally abusive
    Zero investment in people, technology and statements have been noted where they've admitted they don't care for their people or their thoughts
    That the CFPB hasn't put them out of business!

Advice to Management

Senior management is the problem! There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said 1 million times before. Invest in your people and your technology and you'll be surprised at what the results can be. Promote those deserving and let your managers do their jobs! Stop micromanaging everyone, there's a reason Dovenmuehle is referred to as a revolving door! Don't fire people simply because they thought outside the box! At some point I urge you to look in the mirror and reflect on the awful being you are! Your business and the corresponding business model is the shadiest ever seen! Instead of investing in all of those lawyers (that ensure your backs are covered when sued), perhaps invest in your people! Crazy thought! No joke, people have been fired for expressing such basic things! One more thing, under NO circumstance is it acceptable for a CEO to physically or verbally abuse anyone...many days many people have gripped onto their chairs out of fear of what 2 of these C-Level folks might do! That's not a business!! Last bit of advice to this abusive set of leaders, remember that Karma is no joke!

Work hard and advance quickly

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage

Pros

Starting pay is excellent and opportunity to advance is plentiful

Cons

Overwhelming work load and expectations.You are just a number here and easily replaced.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Show appreciation for the hard work people provide to help grow this company. Top Management needs to get out of their office, smile and interact with their employees. The employees are part of the team and not the enemy. If they were treated that way there would be more buy in from all associates to bring the company to the largest and best mortgage subservicing company in the United States.

Just a paycheck while looking for something better, which would be almost anything.

Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Lake Zurich, IL
    Current Employee - Foreclosure Specialist in Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No weekends, nights, and some holidays off.

Cons

ZERO training, low pay, expensive health benefits, no raises or promotions, horrible attitudes, misleading job descriptions. Read the other reviews on here and you'll see a common theme. I've been there 6 months, was put into a job position I wasn't hired for, given ZERO training, and get paid peanuts to deal with problems and aggravations far above my pay grade. I'm being paid far below my education level, and I have to wait a YEAR before I get a chance at being promoted. God help you if you need to ask a supervisor or, even worse, someone from another department for help, because you will catch some of the worst attitudes you could imagine. Very depressing place to work, and I would advise staying away unless you absolutely need a paycheck, and then I would only plan on being here while you look for something else. As of the time of this writing, DMI has 136 open positions. What does that tell you?

Advice to Management

Call in an outside advisor and restructure the entire company.

RSS Feed </> Embed