Dovenmuehle Mortgage

William A. Mynatt

15 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Okay place to work

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

Prosthey have great part time hours, lots of quick promotions

ConsThey change your schedule without much notice,

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers were very young and really didnt deserve to be managers.

Career at mortgage servicer

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsCareer stepping stone. Opportunity to develop a resume with some real estate knowledge.

ConsNot a well organized company. Very little communication throughout the workplace. Not much teamwork.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize your employees.

customers service rep & good company

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsVery helpful co workers, lots of training and assistance.

ConsHours switch a lot, favoritism, nonsense Mark downstairs for certain situations in calls

Advice to Senior Managementget with hr, they are so slow.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best Used as a Stepping Stone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsThis is definitely a great place to take a first job or to end an unemployed spell. Enough compensation to get going, and it is definitely easier to find a job when you already have one. Cannot recommend this enough for people to accept a position here but never stop seeking the next opportunity.

- Coworkers are generally friendly
    - Campus is very pretty, can sit by lake at lunch

Cons- There is NO overtime pay, and in certain departments your workload may necessitate unpaid hours to complete job, however:
    - You will be reprimanded for not completing work
    - You will be reprimanded for staying on the clock to finish
    - You will be scolded for working off the clock to finish
    - Your request for assistance will be ignored or out right denied
    - You will be criticized for not "going the extra mile" and also for not working fast enough

- Double standards galore (i.e. you will get reprimanded for having casual conversation by a manager who audibly has casual conversations at length throughout the day)
    - Training is utterly lacking or nonexistent after the new hire training course
    - There is no opportunity for growth and managers take no interest in helping you grow professionally
    - There is no financial benefit to hard work or excellent performance, not even an annual raise
    - New "one-strike" rule allows you to be terminated for your first mistake, no questions asked
    - Software and technology constantly has issues and heavily hinders performance
    - Departmental supervisors constantly get scolded for department performance but are not given tools, funding, or other assistance to improve
    - Management has no interest in process improvement and any suggestions are disregarded
    - Departments largely don't play nice with each other, causing unnecessary delays and duplicated efforts
    - Managers audibly complain about their workload but then continue to have personal conversations throughout the day
    - Processes change constantly with little or no warning, and managers are often unsure what the changes are
    - Every task requires a specific form or proxy, and if all requirements are not met, your task will not be done (for example, Corporate Accounting will not approve of a check issue unless you provide two stapled copies of the forms - they will not make a second copy on their own and will reject your request if you use a paper clip instead of a staple)
    - Generally disorganized communications (i.e. emails about dress code changes sent after 5:00pm in effect for the next day)
    - There is no decorating of your cubicle aside from an allotment of one picture, so the entire office looks lifeless
    - Previous review mentioned free unlimited coffee - that is no longer the case

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your workers. It's a cliche for a reason. Many of my talented peers have jumped immediately for other jobs that offered slightly better benefits - and in some cases offered less.

Stop replacing bodies. The revolving door works in sales or retail because the low qualifications needed to start, and the relative quick feedback in potential. Mortgages take a lot of knowledge, and you cannot afford to just continuously hire replacements who know a fraction of the outgoing party.

Invest in your technology. Many of the core software simply does not function. Key documents are entirely inaccessible due to this, bringing a halt to all productivity.

Take suggestions seriously. You may be the longest standing mortgage servicer, but you could easily dominate the market if you would work to improve. Clients will and are leaving continuously because you are stagnant.

Make the office feel more like a home. Allowing employees to decorate their cubicle or gathering around the proverbial water cooler will create a sense of belonging that may prevent people from running to other companies at first chance. This will, in turn, impress prospective clients more.

Good

Project Manager (Current Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsGo0od place to learn servicing

ConsThe pay is low for the experience level

Advice to Senior ManagementI have nothing to say about managment

Absolutely the worst experience of my career

Manager (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsNone - sorry unlimited free coffee

ConsManagements lack of integrity, lack of process ownership, lack of knowledge and the ability to get out of their own way.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone - they know everything - they do not listen

This company is extremely Archaic

Anonymous (Current Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsThe supervisors are very personable.

ConsTechnology
    Salary
    Benefits are not affordable

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees and you will be able to retain loyal and talented people. A little humanity goes a long way. Change is good!

Do not bother working here

Research (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsMy job was quite interesting and engaging at times. In addition, most of my coworkers were wonderful people.

ConsEverything else. Management is awful. They play favorites and promote unqualified people into positions they cannot handle. They are highly unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and value their advice. Stop promoting people only because you like them and vilifying others because you do not. Most importantly, stop putting cheap Band Aids on your problems rather than making a serious attempt to fix them.

It's a job not a career

Analyst (Current Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsCoworkers are nice and the company has a friendly office environment.

Cons-Below average benefits
    -Salary is not competitive
    -Management is not invested in employee development and advancement
    -Company hires management externally rather than promote from within
    -Very poor direction and communication from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better incentives to employees and create a better program to develop employees and offer them a path for advancement.

Entry level only

Research (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsBetter than unemployment, entry level job.

ConsUnprofessional, no career movement, many unhappy employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees.

Worked for Dovenmuehle Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!