Dovenmuehle Mortgage

Updated Apr 1, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

William A. Mynatt

Overall pretty good, some problems but every company has something

Cash Processor (Former Employee)
Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for less than a year

ProsWas trained, and got left alone to complete duties. (Positive aspect in my eyes)

ConsPay grades per departments. Friend was hired in Escrow and made $1.50 more per hour for similar job expectations.

they don't care about their employees! stopped their monthly job fairs and laid off ppl!

Elgin, IL

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Prosgreat coworkers! the best ones that I've ever worked with so far!

diverse work environment (as a minority, diversity is important to me in the workplace!)

for women who place career importance on # of opportunities for women to grow in the workplace: there are lots of women in mid/upper-management positions, including assistant VP and VP positions; if you're a career woman, this might be of great importance to you if you hope to move up in the company someday.

casual dress code in Elgin and Aurora locations. Unfortunately, they've updated the dress code, so skinny jeans and boots over pants are banned now. =( but at least you can still wear jeans (except for Lake Zurich location, jeans allowed on Fridays only).

ConsI heard they don't give raises, not even for yearly cost-of-living adjustment raises, like ALL other companies do! which is probably why they don't give annual reviews and/or don't follow through with giving them, so that way, if they don't give a review, they don't . some ppl get an annual review, most ppl don't.

they stopped their "famous" frequent/monthly job fairs for a while now and have been laying people off since January 2014. I was just laid off this month! goodbye, monthly DMI job fairs!

most management is hired externally, rather than the "best ones" promoted internally to fill the management positions. this results in having managers/supervisors that know WAY LESS about their daily department duties/training than their subordinates!

unlike most companies, they only give you ONE 15 minute break! instead of 2 15 minute breaks and a lunch (30 min-1 hr).

training for positions were disorganized on my first start date of work. it wasn't until 6 months later that they finally made formal training manuals for Staging and Auditing positions. if they had training manuals when I started, I probably would've been trained better and would still be working at DMI instead of having been laid off!

Advice to Senior Managementshow your employees that you care about them, and they will less likely quit! you'll save more money and time retaining good employees instead of having multiple job fairs caused by those turnovers! if you show your employees that you care about them, we'd do our job better, help you keep more clients, and productivity will improve! improve employee morale! instead of receiving bonuses, gift cards/incentives, etc., when DMI hit a record of 1,000,000 loans received/processed, all the employees received a green plastic drinking cup. this company also lacks the basics of giving annual raises/reviews. give employees TWO 15 minute breaks instead of just 1 break, like most companies do. give them an annual review and annual COLA raises like most companies are supposed to do!! follow through in giving ALL reviews (30, 60 and 365 day reviews) to ALL your employees.

don't lie and tell me that my department is OK during a layoff, then lay me off due to "business needs" when actually my department is one of the departments that is slow, too. give your employees common courtesy and actually warn us ahead of time of layoffs (as in, "we plan to cut X amount of jobs by May", like some corporations do).

improve communication between supervisors and staff, especially with ALL procedural changes. it's really frustrating when not everyone is on the same page on what is the correct procedure to do a task.

hire people from within instead of more managers externally who know little or NOTHING about our daily tasks. It's hard to trust/turn to a newbie manager who knows LESS of what our department does if there is a problem, and nothing gets fixed. There are plenty of hardworking, "go-to" people who've worked with DMI for many years (or even just 1 year), that deserve to be promoted to management/team lead positions internally.

Do not bother working here

Research (Former Employee)

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for more than a year

ProsMy job was quite interesting and engaging at times. In addition, most of my coworkers were wonderful people.

ConsEverything else. Management is awful. They play favorites and promote unqualified people into positions they cannot handle. They are highly unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and value their advice. Stop promoting people only because you like them and vilifying others because you do not. Most importantly, stop putting cheap Band Aids on your problems rather than making a serious attempt to fix them.

It's a job not a career

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for less than a year

ProsCoworkers are nice and the company has a friendly office environment.

Cons-Below average benefits
-Salary is not competitive
-Management is not invested in employee development and advancement
-Company hires management externally rather than promote from within
-Very poor direction and communication from upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better incentives to employees and create a better program to develop employees and offer them a path for advancement.

Entry level only

Research (Former Employee)

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for more than a year

ProsBetter than unemployment, entry level job.

ConsUnprofessional, no career movement, many unhappy employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your employees.

This company is growing fast.

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage

ProsJobs are always available here.

ConsCompany is growing very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementThrowing new, inexperienced people at a problem usually does not solve it.

more work than pay

I worked at Dovenmuehle Mortgage

Prosgreat hours, flexible, enjoyable coworkers

Conslow pay, poor benefits, no room to move up

The training program is a joke

Collections Representative (Current Employee)
Elgin, IL

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for less than a year

ProsCould make good money potentially through bonus structure

ConsHigh turnover rate because they train new hires so poorly

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the new hires some more hands on training experience

If your desperate

Foreclosure Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for less than a year

ProsThey'll hire just about anyone.

ConsCompensation is terrible and turnover is ungodly. You start as a temp with no benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew management

alright company, high turn over and salary is not competitive to the market

Investor Accountant (Current Employee)
Lake Zurich, IL

I have been working at Dovenmuehle Mortgage full-time for more than a year

Prosjob security and company is growing

Cons-poor management
-dont like employees input in matters that could make things more efficient

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to the employees and what they have to say. hold biweekly meetings to best serve your employees...happy employees means employees that are more productive

Worked for Dovenmuehle Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dovenmuehle Mortgage reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Dovenmuehle Mortgage CEO William A. Mynatt. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Dovenmuehle Mortgage employees.