Dover Downs Gaming

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dover Downs Gaming President, CEO, and Director Denis McGlynn

Denis McGlynn

Very exciting and the work is different daily.

Main Bank (Current Employee) Dover, DE

ProsMeet all kinds of people, pay is good, and benefits are good

Consworking over nite hours and having no help

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more communication between supervisors and lower employees.

Good company

ProsGood Benefits, Pay is good in certain departments. Very family Oriented

ConsVery hard to move up

Good place to work

Director (Current Employee) Dover, DE

ProsCompany has been a great employer to me. I've been working here for 15+ years and have advanced from an hourly employee to director. I've been given many opportunities and am thankful. Good compensation package. Lots of room for advancement

ConsAlot of micromanagement in the company. Upper management doesn't trust its employees to make good/sound business decisions. Some job postings are already filled with hand picked favorites before the job is posted in house. Discourages some more qualified employees from even applying.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up. Allow your people a little freedom. They know how to handle money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Steer clear of the "me" people

Manager (Current Employee) Dover, DE

ProsTeam work within departments and the ability to advance.

ConsSome upper management are only in it for themselves. Damn the little guy/gal

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to you mid level managers. They "do" have fresh ideas from time to time

Boring Job for a company that overworks their staff

Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) Dover, DE

ProsThe people are nice for the most part

ConsThey pay little for the work they ask for. The managers terminate employees for the smallest things. The managers play favoritism with the employees under them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all people fair, Realize people are human, and practice what you ask your employees to do.

It was ok

LAN Support (Former Employee) Dover, DE

ProsGot a lot of hands on working with equipment

Conspay is not good and the management is not really good. They promise you stuff in the hand book but when you actually go to use it, they put you through so much stuff that you eventually give up trying to use it. Like education reimbursement

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people what they are worth

Worst place I ever worked

Office Worker (Current Employee)

ProsEmployees in the casino are great to work with and all really nice

ConsLots of micromanagement, bullying by management, arrogant coworkers are encouraged. Management does not function like managers in a normal business. Would not recommend working at Dover Downs unless you desperately need a paycheck while looking for your real job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the bad, incompetent, problem, dead wood managers everybody hates working with. They are wasting the company's time & money bigtime. Replacing them will stop your high turnover/employee dissatisfaction & increase your bottom line.

Don't Do it

LAN Support III (Former Employee) Dover, DE

ProsYou get a lot of hands on experience that you would not get in some places. You get to meet a lot of nice people and you have the NASCAR race 2 times a year.

ConsManagement is not the greatest. People are always get looked over. Don't even think about getting promoted it will be few and far between.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people right and pay them what they are suppose to be making and they will stay there. Especially if you have a good group of people

Worked for Dover Downs Gaming? Contribute to the Community!