Dovetail Software Reviews

Reset
5.0
Stephen Lynn

1. A special place to work

I have been working at Dovetail Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is rare and very exciting to work with a team full of smart, competent and creative people who collaborate well for the good of the company. Dovetail appreciates their talented and intelligent employees and fosters an environment where your best talents are utilized in ways that make your day fulfilling rather than just checking things off a boring list. I also love the amount of faith Dovetail has in their employees. I've never once felt micromanaged or felt like I wasn't being listened to. From top to bottom, everyone is listened to and their ideas are valued. All employees from every team and department are always willing to contribute and help another team to help build success. It is truly a special place to work. This is the longest time I've ever spent at one company, and I've never been happier or more fulfilled with my job. Its amazing to have the flexibility and mobility of the start-up with the stability of a company that has been around for two decades!

Cons

I wish I saw my co-workers more often since so many of us are remote. It does make me appreciate the times we do all meet together and work though.

2. Being at the same company for many years says a lot!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dovetail Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working with great talent! Team just gets along. Great office atmosphere like view, snacks, come and go as needed. Being cared about as a human not just a working human machine. The benefits and pay are outstanding!

Cons

The only cons that come up are the self-created ones and that happens to anyone so I can't really think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

3. Family atmosphere, great vibe, with upbeat culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

They promote autonomous working, have ideas then implement them. Friendly environment, full of top talent where everyone just gets on. A company that is striving to achieve more and more at the highest levels. No bureaucracy, or politics, just great team work at its best! Great benefits, like gym, starting vacation of 3 weeks that increases on tenure, free food/ snacks, flexible working environment, health care.

Cons

have spent 10 minutes trying to answer this one, so i guess they don't exist!

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction you are now!

5. Great Company to Work For

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dovetail Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The staff are skilled and know their positions well. We have the freedom to decide what OSS works best for a problem we need to tackle. We are nearly 100% automated with thousands of tests running against our products. Upper management has a great sense of humor and are available anytime you need them.

Cons

The only con I can think of at the moment would be when it's your turn for support, be prepared for 2 am support tickets to come in. They aren't that often to really make it a con. Its the only con I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do

RSS Feed </> Embed