Dow Hotel Company

www.dowhotelco.com

Dow Hotel Company Reviews

Dow Hotel Company – Atlanta – “Executive Lounge”

Murray L. Dow II

I work with DOW Hotel Company

ProsMy co workers are family to me. We all work together and we all have each others best interest. They are what keeps me coming to work everyday.

ConsThey do not look out for the benefit of their employees. HR is not trustworthy. HR is more afraid of getting themselves in trouble than actually taking care of their employees. The pay is not up to standard with what other companies are paying. Also, raises less than 25 cents are a SLAP IN THE FACE.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and they will take care of your guests and you! It is a common trend between all of the hotels under DOW that they are going downhill for the same reasons.

Small Company.....Small Minds

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsIt's a job and some people don't have jobs.

ConsDow Hotel Company is small and historic. They force decisions on properties from a "bird's eye" view and blame the hotels when they fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop yelling. Stop being insecure. Talk and listen to your associates and managers at the properties. Step into the current century and embrace it! Stop managing and start leading!!!

Dow Hotels, good stepping stone but not good for longtime career.

Outlet Supervisor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsFriendly staff, franchise for Hilton so that presents lots of opportunities, Will promote from within.

ConsAwful pay, there are managers here who have second jobs just to make ends meet. Overly aggressive labor budget goals cause frequent understaffing and sub par service to guests.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-examine if you really want the property you have here in georgia to be competitive/successful, or do you just want to keep squeezing what profits you have out of it so you can continue to upgrade the properties in Chicago and Seattle.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A hotel company that doesn't invest in their properties

Sales Manager (Current Employee)

ProsTypical hotel sales job where the focus is just as strong on the solication goals as your revenue goals. No room for growth either within the company unless you want to move to another departments of the hotel.

ConsI have seen a few properties now of Dow and you can tell a common theme with them all - they are all outdated and run down. I understand the need to save profit to buy more properties, but there needs to be a line somewhere to invest some of it back into your own properties.

Worked for Dow Hotel Company? Contribute to the Community!