Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Updated February 18, 2015
Updated February 18, 2015

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 12 reviews)

• Great Work life balance with local autonomy to control your destiny and opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average) (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all Reviews

Am good at working as a team work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

i was always wanted to work on one of Dr pepper.

Cons

i have a lot of confidence and am sure i can work perpendicular as team member.

It's alright"

Current Employee - Warehouse Loader in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Loader in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good benifits
    Cool boss
    Paid holidays
    Paid weekly

Cons

Work until the work is done
    No life/family balance
    Overwork you
    Clock out on lunch 1 hour
    You have a high pick rate

Please make set schedules for the warehouse workers because working until the work is done is not good no family life balance .Staff is overworked,and tired ,not enough breaks,should not have to clock out on break warehouses work too hard....

I regret I stayed this long.

Current Employee - Route Audit Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Route Audit Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are great (day 1) and PTO

Cons

No room for growth, no promoting from within, salary isn't competitive, unfair management, no work life balance, too much work and not enough employees.

Value you your hardworking employees.

Horrible but OK

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to go where you want
    No constant breathing down your neck
    Take lunch whenever you please
    Take your time doing stores
    You get a uniform that has you name on it
    Company phone
    Decent rate of pay

Cons

Managers with unreasonable demands
    Store personnel that give you no respect
    Wear and tear on vehicle
    Sometimes having to travel further than you want
    Sometime the rate of pay does not match the work that you do

Stop being tight and put more money into your warehouses.

Always hiring..

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They are always hiring in my area and have good security even if you meet minimum objectives. Decent starting wage and benefits fair pay for what you work.

Cons

They do not pay time and a half in some areas and pay the lowest end possible on mileage which is normally less than enough to cover your gas for the week. This is lowest paying soda company by quite a margin.

Promote more from within the company. Encourage your partners to seek promotions if you believe they are qualified. I've seen too many people who were good enough to merchandise for years go unrewarded while someone from a competitor came in as a salesman. Pay more out to employees mileage. These issue's are keeping the company from developing a solid core of merchandisers to help drive sales. Allow as many employees as possible to work 6 day weeks to eliminate reliance on the part timer myth.

Not worth the pay

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Houston, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discounted soda
    Insurance
    Off on the weekends
    Whould be a great company to work for if they paid more.

Cons

Can not live off salary. Do not understand why a company as large as DPSG pays their employees so little compared to other beverage manufacturers.

Share the wealth.

Used to be a good place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The employees that do the job on a daily basis are the hardest working people in the beverage industry. It's the best feeling in the world to get a win once in a while with very little resources to compete. If you enjoy being the underdog, your on the right place

Cons

Terrible management culture. Job threatened on a daily basis. Pay is way below the industry standard compared to the competition. Absolutely zero work/life balance. Most of the management are people who were fired from the competition.

Spend more time practicing what you preach, meaning developing your talent internally. If a manager couldn't hack it at the competition with better pay and more resources, maybe there's a reason for it. Why keep opening your checkbook for these type of managers. Obviously the company is going backwards rather than foreword. Until this changes we will always be the industry standard of how not to conduct business.

Horrible pay, Good benefits, pay comes down to $8.50 an hour when you calculate all the OT you put in.

Current Employee - Full Service Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Full Service Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Health Benefits.
    Discount on Drinks.
    Free water bottles, lol.

Cons

You are hired as a salary employee, but what they fail to tell you is that you WILL have to work 12 hour shifts OR MORE(till the route is done). The pay while in training is $120 a day. Basically if you work 40 hours a week plus 20 hours overtime they are paying you around $8.50 an hour. Once your done with training the pay is $55 a day plus commission which is .65 cents per case of cans, .85 cents per case of bottles. Which I think is good but you WILL NEVER sell more than 100 cases on a GOOD day. Basically you are fighting EVERYDAY to make $8.50 an hour and putting a 12 hour shift to do so. Sounds good huh? <---Sarcasm. I just wish they would of told me all of this before they hired me, HR will not discuss anything about hours or commission pay, they say they don't have a clue, which is a lie. They would save money being honest about it because I would of never wasted their time, I don't ask for much, I would be happy with $12+ an hour at any job. If I would of known it was $8.50 an hour I would of just kept looking. I was expecting this job to pay from $14-$15 an hour like my friends in Dallas but for some reason the Houston location has a different pay structure.

Salary increase or the option to be Hourly, you guys demand too much of us to be salary. The drivers DO ALL THE WORK and get paid the least out of everyone in the company, it just does not make sense. We are the backbone of the company.

Every employee I've talked to is trying to get into a better paying department but looks like the supervisors make it hard for them to transfer because they don't want to deal with training someone new. So once you get in a department your pretty much stuck there.

The whole checking in and out process should be a little quicker, you have 1 or 2 people that will count the cases then they will add up the numbers over and over and over until the numbers match my numbers, they refuse to use a calculator. If their going to keep adding the numbers till it matches my numbers and switching numbers around it just defeats the whole purpose of their job.

Maybe you can have the people who load the product count and seal/lock the truck that way we can just hand over an inventory sheet to the people at the check point so they wont need to sit there counting over and over until our numbers match. All they have to do is check to make sure the SEALS have not been broken. Once we get out the gate we can break the seal on the truck and go about our day.
    I hear they do this in the Dallas location, I don't see why the Houston location is not doing the same. Also I have friends in the Dallas location and they get PAID MORE why?

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos