Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Updated December 13, 2014
2.8

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 12 reviews)

• Great Work life balance with local autonomy to control your destiny and opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average) (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, don't work here!

Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, constantly changing work environment and job location

Cons

Low pay, rude customers and grocery store managers, heavy repetitive lifting, management doesn't care about their employees

You are always advertising for new employees on internet job sites but the best way to get new hires is in the field. Your employees interact with potential new hires. But we have nothing good to say and advise them not to work for DPSG.

As a driver Work you to death! 16 hrs a day! Pay not equal to hrs worked. Don't think they deserve 1 star

Current Employee - Route Driver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

To get driver experience to get a better job. This place will kill you! Overworked, little pay!

Cons

16 hr days 5- 6 days a week = $600 paycheck = sucks! Racism!

Treat your employers right and give pay raise

Although, it was a terrible job. I learned a lot in the warehouse distribution field.

Former Employee - Warehouse in Bakersfield, CA
    Former Employee - Warehouse in Bakersfield, CA

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overnights and long shifts, working with sit down forklifts, manual/power pallet jacks. And constant movement. Enjoyed the work.

Cons

Overnights, long shifts, minimum wage. working with sit down forklifts, manual/power pallet jacks. And constant movement. Enjoyed the work.

Power Hungry

Former Employee - Deductions Specialist in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Deductions Specialist in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people working here are always friendly and helpful. Good benefits and very flexible with work schedule.

Cons

Trouble with supervisors and upper management. No training experience. I was a temp in CTA and I was training another temp. They don't let you have an opinion. You cannot bring new ideas to the table. Have "metrics" that do not reflect actual performance. My supervisor just made reports all day with no answers to my questions. No room for growth. If you have an opinion, it will most likely not be heard, and ignored. They pick their favorites from the team and do not understand how to manage a team.

People more open to change, and more open to opinions from the team. Interact with other departments to make it a fun working environment. Have more growth outside the department. Care about your employees instead of being a dictator.

Only if your desperate

Current Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Irving, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits will keep you here thru the misery.

Cons

Horrific management. If your a "good ol boy" you'll do fine, incompetent is ok.

Clean house. Liars, thieves.

Not the greatest but I'm sure there are worse places to work.

Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Fort Wayne, IN
    Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser in Fort Wayne, IN

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and not much supervising, but that's where any pro's end.

Cons

Pay is terrible @ $8.25/hr, the guy who hired me is the merchandising manager and he is almost braindead and doesn't care much about you for sure. He has the attitude of I don't care as long as I don't have to do it. Then the overall manager is aloof and out of touch with any of the merchandisers. The delivery drivers are union and are overpaid compared to the people who actually do the work. Overall the manager's are out of touch with the real needs of the employee's and also the stores needs. They pay .39 cents per mile driven which is less than any other industry anywhere. Coke and Pepsi pay .55 cents per mile and almost double the hourly pay. Please stay away from this branch of Dr. Pepper/Snapple in Fort Wayne, Indiana at all cost. They are an absolute joke. Worse place I've ever worked.

Upper management needs to hire some new talent and pay your merchandisers 3 to 5 dollars more per hour and update your mileage pay to meet everyone else in the area.

Worst company I have worked for

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Irving, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I don't think there is one

Cons

Ugly working environment, manager thinks he owns you, the pay sucks $105 no overtime and they will overload you (10 to 12 hours a day) you end making like $9 per hour, you need your own transportation (lots of miles on your vehicle), heavy job little pay, people who work at the stores you merchandise will talk to you as if you were nothing. In other words, I would not recommend this company unless you are used to work a lot and make little money.

My advice to management is to tell new hires about how overtime really works. Also, I would recommend to raise the pay because I don't think a person could survive and provide for his family with that kind of pay

Laid Off Week before Christmas

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Northlake, IL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Northlake, IL

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Not many at this present time of the company.

Cons

Great times during the Cadbury reign but after the sell off things went down hill fast. Instead of a pop company, we became a 5S, 6S, Continuous Improvement, find ways to save money company instead. We were no longer being innovative or trying to strengthen our core brands we just came up with bad products and tried to sell them with mega marketing and a sales force hamstrung with polishing crap.
    Management is unprofessional and has a master/slave relationship with the union workforce. Tons of backstabbing going on with the workers and managers, as well as thievery. Loyalty has gone out the backdoor because everyone is in a look out for #1 mentality. The worst company I have ever worked for.

All of your processes to get the most return on investment for the shareholders is great but don't forget we are a pop company. These are short term processes and in the long run you will have to sell pop to remain viable. Or just do everyone a favor and sell it! And our Core Values should be relevant all the time, not just during annual review time.

No promotional opportunities

Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good People / Co-workers and good products

Cons

Manament haven't a clue whats going on sale in stores until last min then want to play the blame game for things not being executed. Small operation with good products that try and keep up with Coke & Pepsi. 7up has 1 Account Manager to Coke and Pepsi 3 Account managers in a area... and expect you to have excelent service. Management is dishonest!

stop running away good help

It was horrible.

Former Employee - Production Planner in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There are zero pros to this company. They are very rude and unprofessional.

Cons

Management is unprofessional. They are rude and filled with liars.

None.