Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Reset
3.1
Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 12 reviews)

• Great Work life balance with local autonomy to control your destiny and opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance varies wildly depending on who your boss is (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average) (in 10 reviews)

1. review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fieldale, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fieldale, VA

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

strong brands - staying power of company, free soft drinks, excellent / clean facilities to work in, sufficient technology related to jobs

Cons

poor transparency of directions and decisions that are being made, insufficient feedback of performance and strong encouragement of poor work + life balance

Advice to Management

increase employee involvement in decision making process, encourage and support a more sufficient work and life balance properly staff departments to enhance effectiveness

The company is profitable, but at what cost to the employees?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

The company is profitable and the future for flavored beverages is great. If you work in R&D, sales, and/or marketing, this is a great place to work. If you are in IT, Finance/Accounting, Supply Chain, HR, and/or Operations, there are probably better places to find employment.

Cons

Many employees consistently work 12-15 hours a day. Internals are regularly promoted, but don't expect any extra pay for the extra responsibilities you take on; the comp strategy is tight. Management does a poor job of communicating and cascading goals/objectives, leaving employees confused at best. The company is sneaky about finding ways to "eliminate" and/or outsource jobs to get rid of employees that are no longer wanted/needed. There is a focus on "crushing costs," but in many cases this is at the expense of the company's human capital; departments are so thin, they're anorexic, and this "lean people" strategy is not sustainable long-term. As you might expect, turnover is high.

Advice to Management

The company is clearly making money hand-over-fist, so why not share the wealth with a bonus structure for all employees? And, why try to cut back on employee benefits by scaling back the number of holidays from 12 to 10 days? These actions send a negative message to your employees; keep an eye on your turnover - I expect it will go up substantially if these trends continue. People do have other opportunities, and your really good people will leave.

The most unorganized company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

You are not in an office all day and you work M-F. Weekends off and no nights.

Cons

Deliveries NEVER get made. The company is very poorly ran. They have been open for 5 years and have been through 3 branch managers. You are over worked and make no money. The mileage they give to their salesman is a joke! 37 cents a mile. Management is no help. Selling the product is no problem because customers want it. The problem is the order does not make it to the store. This is an upper management problem. The delivery drivers are great and do all they can. The lack of support from your DM is sad. Get ready to be stressed out. No sick days or personal days. The company is always short staffed. You might not have a merchandiser some days, so get ready to sell to 20 stores, then put up the product yourself.

Advice to Management

Get more invloved with your salesman. Do work withs. Get to know the customers. Gonzales branch has potential, but needs to have support from the CEO....SPEND A LITTLE MORE MONEY ON THIS BRANCH,,,WITH MORE FUNDS WE WOULD BE ABLE TO SUCCEED, WE COULD ADD MORE DRIVERS, MERCHANDISERS, AND SALESMAN. This branch will never work at its potential without a larger budget. 7UP IS MAKING OVER 5 BILLION A YEAR...you can afford to help this branch out! Oh and 7up is NOT an equal opportunity employer if all other branchs have sick days and personal days but the Gonzales branch does not. WHAT A JOKE!! THAT IS WRONG!

No life, as the company is set to work the employees closer to the customers to death.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

The compensation was based on the amount of product sold to the stores in the territory. The benefit package was great!

Cons

A typical day for them consisted on trying to visit 32 account whith most of them merchandised by yourself. Pepsi, and Coke provided their account managers with 15 stores at the most. Also, most of the merchandising in the route had to be done by the account manager as Dr. Pepper/ Snapple will give a merchandiser 15 stores in a day. Impossibleto do!!! The competitors normally will give their merchandisers 5 or 6 stores daily. So the account manager had issues with store managers everyday regarding this matter. Typical day will start you at 6:00 AM. until you whenever or you stopped yourself. Realistically, for what the position calls for which is selling and merchandising stores such as big box stores and chain supermarkets it is a daunting task to complete 32 account ina day. an average big box store takes 2 to 3 hours to merchandise. Ina typical 8 hour day that amounts to 3 or four stores a day.

Advice to Management

None. The upper management knows the numbers game. They know that keeping up a partial team running each branch nationwide saves them money in expenses ranging from capital goods to personnel. This savings translate into money for the stockholders who are being rewarded with the stronghanded style of management the company currently upholds.

6. Working at the Oklahoma facility is horrible.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

When I first started, the pay and monitary benifits were great. The medical beneifit are satisfactory and start day 1 of employment.

Cons

The politics at this branch is completely unreasonable. The current branch manager spews platitudes while his manager visits and does a 180 as soon as he leaves. He treats us with disdain. In my opinion, he needs to go. This used to be the best beverage place to drive for. The turnover is extremely high.

Advice to Management

Replace branch manager quickly.

Terrible Management and very little compensation

Former Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Benefits are excellent. Time off is good but if you dont' have enough employees you can't take your vacation.

Cons

Pay is minimal at best compared to the amount of incompetent people you have to deal with. Management team has no clue of how to run things or deliver service to its customer base. Management also shows little respect for employees.

Advice to Management

Pay better and show a little bit more respect for the employees that actually keep this compnay afloat.

Great company that went public and started going down hill

Former Employee - Sales Planning Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Planning Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Being part of the beverage industry you could be very creative in your marketing/merchandising with retailers in how to sell your product.

Cons

Senior Leadership took care of their own group of people, and if you weren't part of that group you could not get promoted. Very tactical about how they ran the business, rather than strategic.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Don't spend so much time and energy giving parking spots up front in the garage to yourselves and focus on how to grow the business.

To many hours very little pay

Current Employee - Route Driver in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

-Train you to get your CDL -Impossible to get fired -Alot smaller loads than other bigger brands since in OK you do not do DP

Cons

-60 + hours a week -Overtime is only 6-5 dollars a hour -daily rate is a joke -Expected to finish your route at a fast pace to help other slower drivers -most days are 14 hours -Promotions come with less pay because salary is less than that of drivers -Co-workers are barely able to do their job because of low pay quality is not there -Extremely high turnover avg. for diver is less than 2 months -All other positions are way under paid and over worked I would not work here unless you like working 60 hard hours a week and have no future goals with a company Get your CDL and leave

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they deserve over time should be time and a half not 5 bucks a hour If you pay employees more you will attract better quality and spend less training new drivers every few months Hold employees accountable for their actions

Horrible pay, Good benefits, pay comes down to $8.50 an hour when you calculate all the OT you put in.

Current Employee - Full Service Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Full Service Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Health Benefits. Discount on Drinks. Free water bottles, lol.

Cons

You are hired as a salary employee, but what they fail to tell you is that you WILL have to work 12 hour shifts OR MORE(till the route is done). The pay while in training is $120 a day. Basically if you work 40 hours a week plus 20 hours overtime they are paying you around $8.50 an hour. Once your done with training the pay is $55 a day plus commission which is .65 cents per case of cans, .85 cents per case of bottles. Which I think is good but you WILL NEVER sell more than 100 cases on a GOOD day. Basically you are fighting EVERYDAY to make $8.50 an hour and putting a 12 hour shift to do so. Sounds good huh? <---Sarcasm. I just wish they would of told me all of this before they hired me, HR will not discuss anything about hours or commission pay, they say they don't have a clue, which is a lie. They would save money being honest about it because I would of never wasted their time, I don't ask for much, I would be happy with $12+ an hour at any job. If I would of known it was $8.50 an hour I would of just kept looking. I was expecting this job to pay from $14-$15 an hour like my friends in Dallas but for some reason the Houston location has a different pay structure.

Advice to Management

Salary increase or the option to be Hourly, you guys demand too much of us to be salary. The drivers DO ALL THE WORK and get paid the least out of everyone in the company, it just does not make sense. We are the backbone of the company. Every employee I've talked to is trying to get into a better paying department but looks like the supervisors make it hard for them to transfer because they don't want to deal with training someone new. So once you get in a department your pretty much stuck there. The whole checking in and out process should be a little quicker, you have 1 or 2 people that will count the cases then they will add up the numbers over and over and over until the numbers match my numbers, they refuse to use a calculator. If their going to keep adding the numbers till it matches my numbers and switching numbers around it just defeats the whole purpose of their job. Maybe you can have the people who load the product count and seal/lock the truck that way we can just hand over an inventory sheet to the people at the check point so they wont need to sit there counting over and over until our numbers match. All they have to do is check to make sure the SEALS have not been broken. Once we get out the gate we can break the seal on the truck and go about our day. I hear they do this in the Dallas location, I don't see why the Houston location is not doing the same. Also I have friends in the Dallas location and they get PAID MORE why?

Poor compensation for way too many hours...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent for this type of company. Employee sales and online perks program are also very competitive with what others offer.

Cons

People are worn out. Everyone works 6 to 7 days a week anywhere from 11 to 13 hours with very poor hourly wages. Turnover is awful even for supervisors and above. Life gets even more miserable when there are audits. Employees are treated bad but can't go anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Treat your employees like people !

RSS Feed </> Embed