Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Updated December 13, 2014
2.8

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young
Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 12 reviews)

• Great Work life balance with local autonomy to control your destiny and opportunities (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 13 reviews)

• Long hours (Over 60-70 hours per week on average) (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

5 years of a warehouse associate that provide hard work,time management,and pure skills

Former Employee - Loader in South Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Loader in South Houston, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I believe i can be the backbone of the company and provide excellence of a worker

Cons

Working unorganized as team that leads to confusion and stress

You can expect alot of me as a worker. I love challenges and enjoy my work that im giving

Good company

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Pros

Union at my location which equaled great benifits and pay

Cons

Management was poor at every level

Replace poor managers as soon as possible. Work with employees not a us vs them approach.

DPSG was once a great place to be, now just like every other CPG compnay

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time

Pros

Good learning about business from the ground up.

Cons

Agendas very by areas of orginization

Be fair to all areas of organization not just headquarters.

Good. Depending on the role you have.

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Exposure to seniour leadership. Flexibility. You will learn continous improvement. We live it, breath it!!

Cons

No many tracks for development and promotion. Sales and Finance are where all the opportunities are. Benefits are not competitive when compared to peer companies. Salary is below average, health insurance and 401K below average. Perks are okay if you work on the Marketing or Sales side. Strategy and Senior Leadership direction is lacking.

Put a strategy in place. Fix the route to market. It is currently our biggerst impediment to growth.

Good run while it lasted, but tough to stick it out long-term.

Former Employee - Interactive Marketing Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Interactive Marketing Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best things about DPSG are the culture, the fact that you are working in a fun CPG category, and that there is always change and innovation happening. As a former member or the marketing organization, I can say that by and large, the people are great as well: hard-working, smart, driven. It can be a good place to raise your game.

Cons

Compensation lags behind other comparable companies, and the work-life balance is often out of whack - especially in the marketing organization. Also, as a marketeer, it can be a tough environment. The company (rightly or wrongly) is very sales driven, so that's where the power rests. Eventually these factors work against building a long-term career at the company.

Profitable but stripped

Current Employee - Manager in Avenel, NJ
    Current Employee - Manager in Avenel, NJ

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is continuously profitable and bonuses pay out in full every year. Most of this comes from the Rapid Continuous Improvement projects rather than actual growth.

Some of the bennies are good. They give everyone 2 weeks' vacation front loaded. There's no "earning" then taking it later. You take it in the same year you are earning it, so technically you could take 2 weeks' vacation the first week of January even though you haven't "earned" it all yet. You get 3 weeks at 5 years and 4 weeks at 10 years. The next step is much later, something like 25 years to get the 5th week and it tops out there.

There are 12 paid holidays. The 401k match is dollar for dollar up to 5%. The pension is gone, but they give you 3% of you pay into your 401k every March instead. This is in addition to the regular weekly match. You are immediately vested in the 401k. There is no wait period for health benefits or anything else.

Cons

They've eliminated the Capital Engineering team and put little money into infrastructure now. Benefits used to be much better but now are quite expensive. Management level and above pays about twice as much in premiums for health insurance than hourly workers. It's good for hourly workers since it makes it affordable, but if you are entry-level management, it's quite burdensome.

It's gotten to the point where people are afraid to go on short term disability (for an operation, etc) for fear their job will be eliminated while they're out. There is a culture of continuous improvement. Whether you're there 5 years or 5 months, you're only as good as the latest thing you've done. It keeps people on their toes, but can lead to a culture of constant fear.

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

collaborative environment. I was an employee under the Cadbury Schweppes ownership. CSAB treated employees fairly. There were good perks such as a program under which employees could buy stock and a pension plan.

Cons

Hours were on the longer side. Some of the higher level employees were easier to work with than others but thats to be said about most companies. Overall many more pros than cons.

As a driver Work you to death! 16 hrs a day! Pay not equal to hrs worked. Don't think they deserve 1 star

Current Employee - Route Driver in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Route Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

To get driver experience to get a better job. This place will kill you! Overworked, little pay!

Cons

16 hr days 5- 6 days a week = $600 paycheck = sucks! Racism!

Treat your employers right and give pay raise

My experience has been average.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Elmsford, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Elmsford, NY

I worked at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are exceptionally nice in all departments of the company.

Cons

Company is extremely male dominated.

Management needs to provide better work-life balance.

Job that can turn into a Career

I have been working at Dr Pepper Snapple Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The environment is amazing! Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. There is oppurtunity for growth and they are willing to help you get to where you want to be.

Cons

I have nothing I could consider a con

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Photos