Dr Pepper Snapple Group

www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com

Dr Pepper Snapple Group Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Dr Pepper Snapple Group – Albuquerque – “Dr Pepper Snapple Group--Seven Up of Albuquerque”

Dr Pepper Snapple Group President and CEO Larry D. Young

Larry D. Young

Pros
  • Benefits are good they start from day 1 (in 9 reviews)

• Great benefits package if you choose to enroll, available on day 1 (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance is the exact inverse of what you would like to see in a company (in 10 reviews)

• Trouble with supervisors and upper management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Its ok

Warehouse/Loader (Current Employee) Windsor, WI

ProsDecent pay, good benefits, some nice people to work with, flexible hours, a lot of overtime if you work in the warehouse

Consemployees who do less work make just as much money as you do, not strict on following company rules or OSHA standards

Cut Cost and Grow Sales

Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsLots of opportunity to advance (because of high turnover).
    Cutting edge technology to learn from (systems and processes)
    Some very smart people in the industry to learn from.
    Great Corporate Citizenship and good business ethics
    Good compensation
    Fast paced work environment that keeps you busy

ConsZero work life balance. Managers are expected to work 60+ hours every week.
    Have taken the Lean philosophy to extremes in all areas of business such as # of employees, benefits, T&E spend, people development, training, resources etc.
    Company not growing. Business segment is shrinking.

Advice to Senior Managementif Senior Management has to come to this website to take advise than its already too late.

I've had two managers that intimidate and tend to be feared by subordinates.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) DFW, TX

ProsVery proud of the results we've achieved. Leading company when it comes to setting and reaching it's targets.

ConsNot balanced as a company. Everything has to be done right now and without regard for it's people. Performance reviews don't take into account if you've coached and promoted people only if you've achieved very objective results.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the big picture in mind. Long term performance has to be balanced with people and making it a great place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good place to work

Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) Avenel, NJ

Prosprofessional environment, good company to work for

ConsI didn't find any problem during my time working there

Marketing Internship

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsPeople were friendly and personable
    Open to new ideas & suggestions
    Very collaborative environment

ConsOld technology/laptops
    Not flexible on working from home (more of an issue for full time people)
    Success is heavily based on who you know & the relationships you form with senior leaders

Decent job if your branch manager knows what he's doing

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Paw Paw, MI

ProsYou get to drive around and work on your own, at your own pace, as long as work gets done and you hit volume/distribution targets

ConsLocal manager does not have a clue how things actually work in the trade

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate how branch managers treat their sales team

If you want to work harder and not smarter than Dr Pepper is just right for you

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Plano, TX

ProsThe pay and benefits are good

ConsThey work harder in everything they do. Management doesn't consider anything the employees have to say. All they know is to micro manage and dictate. They don't allow the employees to think for themselves or outside of the box.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees you don't know everything. Also it is ok if you are personable it makes you human

Started out OK but Upper management and HR experience very POOR!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsWhen I worked there at the beginning, the benefits and culture were friendly and impressive. Corporate office was always doing things to boost morale. Location was convenient. Nice campus overall. I found people in other departments to be friendlier than the ones in my own.

ConsBad parking lot, always a struggle to get a decent space, overcrowding, BAD upper management in HR area. They started doing the 5S program which felt more like a sterile prison environment. Poor leadership and very disappointed in the behavior of "leaders" in our area. I was the victim of workplace bullying, took it to HR and no one did anything. They care more about recruiting than reducing workplace hostility.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to stop the power plays and the nepotism. Listen to your employees. When they come to you about an issue that concerns them, dont pretend to care, actually care and do something to reach out to them.

Employees are not valued at DPSG

Associate Manager (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsCool Marketing programs, nice co-workers, convenient location, Ok comp and benefits

ConsIncompetent managers, promotions are not based on performance, but on popularity, employees not valued, HR condones unethical behavior by managers

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees

Great company, great products

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people work at DPS. The brands have a wonderful history and make you proud to support them. If you have a chance to work here, take it. You'll learn a lot, but don't plan on staying here forever.

ConsNearly impossible to have a future with DPS. It's like winning the lottery if you retire there. But don't worry, they won't let you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a strategy. You are losing in the marketplace and if you don't change something you'll continue to lose.

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!