Dr. Reddy's

Dr. Reddy's Reviews

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Dr. Reddy's Chairman and CEO G. V. Prasad

G. V. Prasad

Pros
  • Good Management - Good HR Policies - You will enjoy work culture - Good appraisal process(in 12 reviews)

• Quality of Work, Rewards and Recognition, Good Culture, Compensation is market competitive(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Regionalism in middle management is a big concern(in 6 reviews)

• Sometimes burocracy in decision making when it is necessary to fill a large amount of forms and tables to get a decision made(in 4 reviews)

One of the few companies which values its people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent policies for employees. One of the best HR systems, Gives equal and fair opportunity for people to enhance their knowledge and skills. Best IT practices. It was a pleasure and honor to get a chance to be associated with this company.

ConsSalary policies need to be looked at. At one level two equally deserving persons may have a huge difference in their salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the contract workmen who are equally important and a valuable contributor to Dr. Reddy's success.

No growth, HR is the worst I have seen, mismanagement is weak.

Quality Control and Lab Tech (Former Employee) Shreveport, LA

ProsLooks good on a resume for new grads. Healthcare is decent. Has a good meal program.

ConsRaises are below cost of living. Skilled labor is paid less than unskilled. Numerous EEOC and OSHA violations. Management is ineffective and incompetent. I have been working for 20 years and 2 years here. This is by far the worst organization I have ever worked for.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire and replace the management team.

Great Opportunity for a Select Few

Principal Scientist (Former Employee) Norcross, GA

ProsResearch Opportunity and good compensation package

ConsEmployee loyalty and lack of advancement based on merit.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR department is an essential part of a company. My facility did not have one on site.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company with good intentions but muddled strategy.

ProsNice people, good culture. People are approachable at all levels. Gives good exposure and experience and has a good reputation in the market.

ConsMuddled strategy, the company does not know what it wants to be when it grows up.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat people better, and give the HR function a makeover. In today's competitive environment, you need to work to retain the best people and not be smug/complacent about it. People are not indispensable, but they are not commodities either.

great benefits and good salary opportunities

Compression Operator (Current Employee) Shreveport, LA

Proshelping make medicine to help people live better

Consa bit repetitive and sometimes boring

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Doesn't fully practice employee diversity

Associate Director (Former Employee) Somerset, NJ

ProsGrowing company, well positioned in the generics market, with a broad presence in north america.

ConsManagement demonstrates bias when hiring and promoting, preferential status is given to those candidates from India

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open minded when recruiting and making hiring decisions.

Got lucky and had a good team

Business (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMy team was great; lots of challenging work assignments and very supportive people

ConsOther parts of the company are not that great, notably the support functions. Not too much diversity in the company either (mostly Indians).

Overall a pretty good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Shreveport, LA

ProsGreat working environment. Company is on the rise. One of the better manufacturing plants in the area. Far more friendly people than usual. Willing to spend money to do things the right way.

ConsWage scale a little low for skilled trades. Every decision seems to take forever. Advancement opportunities are pretty rare.

Absolutely no growth for any employees even if they put in lots of effort for the betterment of the organization,

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Shreveport, LA

ProsOverall company is doing good in terms of sales revenue/operations.

Consemployees are not treated the way they were supposed to be, no respect, management do not consider any skills of the individuals, lot of power hungry people.

Very good, superb

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsQuality of Work, Rewards and Recognition, Good Culture, Compensation is market competitive

ConsNothing as such. a good place to work

Worked for Dr. Reddy's? Contribute to the Community!