DrChrono Reviews

Updated January 18, 2015
29 reviews filtered by
4.2
Michael Nusimow

1. Low bureaucracy, high potential company in the middle of an exciting growth phase

Current Employee - Backend Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Backend Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono

Pros

It's a joy to come into work every morning and I have a good variety of tasks; a few long-term projects where I can design and influence architecture and lots of short ones that pop up day-to-day. This is an exciting time to be at drchrono, we're starting to beef up hiring and we will soon approach the limits of our office space. Great company culture, everyone is friends and there no cliques or jerks. Existing developers are getting bigger and more exciting projects, while we're quickly hiring new ones to help implement them. Hours and remote work are flexible, as long as you get stuff done. There's very little micromanagement, and everyone possesses a level of self-motivation I haven't seen at many other companies.

Cons

Like any startup, theres a lot of work to go around, and we cant hire fast enough to meet the growth, so there are occasional late nights and work on weekends. The hard work is inherently rewarding because it's in healthcare, but it's also appreciated and rewarded well by management.

Advice to Management

More will get done if the important long-term goals aren't put off for short-term tasks that pop up from sales and support.

2. Couldn't be happier

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is amazing. Healthcare tech is booming! Everyone was instantly welcoming and everything I could ask for out of a job. Management cares about its employees and helps to push you to the next level, to excel both personally and professionally.

The company culture is so much fun.

It is an awesome feeling to work with providers and office staff alike to help with all their needs in order to provide solutions for their practice. It is also great to know that the solutions you are providing will help them to be more efficient, thus provide better care.

Cons

I can't think of any cons of the top of my head. Standard cons are it is a start up so you must be flexible on a day to day basis.

Advice to Management

Continue creating an amazing company with amazing company culture.

3. Fun Company, Great People

Current Employee - SDR
    Current Employee - SDR

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I basically make my own hours in terms of when I need to be in the office or when I can leave. As long as you come in and get your calls done and hit your daily quota, it's all good.

Super easy to figure out what I'll be paid each month. Our commission structure is very straight forward.

We can wear pretty much whatever we are comfortable in, which I'm sure will change once we go public, but for now it's awesome!

Free food in the kitchen! All we need to do it tell the Office Manager what we would prefer and she tries her best to accommodate our wants and needs.

Not micro-managed. No one is going to stand over your shoulder.

Free Apple gear upon being hired! (iPhone, MacBook, iPad)

Cons

Management doesn't take constructive feedback well.

Parking is starting to get tight since we are growing.

It's easy to see who the favorites are.

Advice to Management

We are a start up company, everyone at the company is helping make it what it is. If we have opinions about things we should be heard a bit more.

Turning into something amazing

Current Employee - Customer Implementation in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Implementation in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This is a company that I actually feel good about going into work over. The vibe is amazing, the people are smart and the management understand the future. I see this place as the future of healthcare and I work my heart out every day.

Cons

Doctors are a tough group to make happy, so you need to be on your game and always keep learning. The drchrono software and platform is amazingly powerful but it took me a while to really understand it. There should be a course on how to train doctors, it is a full time challenge, but I love it.

Advice to Management

Would love more outings with the whole team. The company outings are super fun and we all get to bond from them.

6. I wake up and actually want to go to work every day! :)

I have been working at DrChrono

Pros

Huge opportunity for growth- the company is growing and you will grow with it if you work hard :)
    Very social and friendly work environment- Themed Fridays, company events and gatherings with awesome coworkers
    Your opinion is valued- doesn't matter which department you are in, you can make suggestions for any aspect of the company & they will actually listen
    Lots of communication with management
    Constantly learning here- they provide training so you are always learning more about the product, the healthcare industry, and how to improve your performance

Cons

Don't expect to just sail through work. It takes hard work and commitment to be successful here (as with any company)

Advice to Management

I wish we had some sort of health&fitness/gym discount plan for employees! I'm sure that as we grow, this will become another one of our benefits :)

It's fun to be part of a growing company

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good sales team. Can work from home 1 day per week if I need to. Culture is good. We are all friends in the office. Play ping pong and go out for drinks frequently. We've hired some good leaders that's helped get everyone on the same page. It's fun to be at a company that is growing.

Cons

I'd like to see the product development move faster.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the product, keep listening to our customers it's working.

I recommend working here if you're passionate about Healthcare

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's still a relatively small company and it's fun to be able to interact across "departments".
    Almost everyone above me tries to help me get better at my job (sales).
    The engineering team is ridiculously good and since we finished pivoting we haven't had any turnover on the engineering team even with HR poachers lurking around (we're across the freeway from Google).
    There's a lot of freedom in how you go about your job in sales. I've been able to work remotely multiple times.
    We have some excellent backing in terms of funders
    We're a part of the apple health kit (right now its gimmicky but I'm personally really excited about it).

Cons

In a new position and right now compensation is still being determined. The VP is very fair and considerate and wants his team to be well compensated. But you're going to get that kind of experience working in a start-up. I think things are getting more secure now though.
    My role as a BDR is primarily cold-calling. So that can be rough. But there are chances that you could get a promotion out of the role in a matter of months because of the rate of growth in the company.

Advice to Management

We need to do some more 1:1s or 1:4s.

Couldn't see myself anywhere else

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing, amazing co-workers and culture
    -Start-up culture with free food, snacks, coffee, breakfast, etc.
    -Company events like steak dinners, parties, etc.
    -Free apple technology all over the place
    -good work/life balance
    -Amazing sales/marketing/business leadership
    -whether in sales, marketing, or engineering, everyone is friends and hangs out together
    -ping pong table in office
    -fast promotion track
    -VERY fast growing, totally revamping and moving forward fast
    -great benefits package

Cons

-not exactly the highest compensation at the lower levels, but everyone loves what they do and sticks around.
    -Past issues with turnover in employees, but now with new leadership and changes, that is not a problem at all anymore.
    -sometimes our catered lunch on fridays comes 15 minutes late ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing. It seems like you've made all of the necessary changes, now that there is a new sales/customer success manager, separate from engineering leadership- everything is going smooth and the company is in great hands. Excited for big things to come.

Overall a good learning experience

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Mountain View, CA

I worked at DrChrono as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I interned at DrChrono in 2012 and got a chance to work on an interesting project. It was challenging because I was supposed to build it from scratch and make it production ready during my internship period of 3 months. To be honest, it was really fun. Working late nights and on Saturdays. I learned a lot. The team back then was really helpful and supportive. I am not sure about the current situation. Overall, I found it a good learning experience.

Cons

None that matter to me for a short period of 3 months.

Advice to Management

If nothing, pay for interns should be made "better" because they also work real hard.

11. An amazing place to work.

I have been working at DrChrono full-time

Pros

Leaning about software, engineering, product, how to scale is what this company is about.

Focus on culture is important and everyone is involved in hiring.

Cons

We have a ping pong table and everyone loves playing so get ready to play a hard game of ping pong during down time.

Love the company, no cons.