DrChrono Reviews

Like Disneyland But For Adults Who Dream of A Wonderful Career

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had always dreamed of working for Disneyland again but I always said if I ever went back, it would be to have a kick butt job in their corporate offices. I hit the mother load with drchrono, as it is everything I have always wanted and more. I absolutely love working for this company. Sure it has it's challenges but 99% of the time, it's seriously magical. Cool Apple gear that I use every day, hours are flexible and a creative, fun environment where your team really hears what you have to say. That's hard to come by these days and as long as you are a hard worker, you will be rewarded. Health insurance is covered 80% but you have the opportunity to get the absolutely best insurance and when it's the best, paying 20% is pennies. They really trust the judgement of their employees, yet they give feedback in a respectful manner. It allows me to trust myself when making decisions. Their developers are highly valued which I love. Another rare thing to come by. Usually devs are at the bottom of the totem pole in most companies but every employee is an equal at drchrono. They are the heart and soul of this company. The collaboration is unmatched. The learning opportunities are huge and they really care about people learning and growing, both as people and employees. We are growing so fast and the passion and dedication that each employee has is going to make this company huge. The CEO and COO are so great and are genuinely nice people that are hard-working and truly care about their employees. I love it here and I am really, really happy.

Cons

-This isn't really a con but it's definitely something for prospective employees to know: this isn't your typical 9-5. If that's what your looking for, this job isn't for you. We work hard, but we play even harder and all those late nights are worth it to work in an environment where I can excel at what I am good at and explore new talents and be able to utilize them and hone them. We don't work long hours or weekends because we have to, we work long hours because we want to and we really care about the difference we are making (as cliche as that sounds.) Once thing I found in life is that cliches are cliches for a reason, because they're true. -Sink or swim mentality. Again, not necessarily a con but something to know. You really need to be able to learn quickly and contribute even quicker. Especially if you're a dev. -Training program needs work.

Advice to Management

-Adopt more processes. -Create solid workflows for employees. -Create a standardized training process.

A place to change the world.

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are looking to join a Silicon Valley tech startup that has a vision of the future, drchrono is the place to be. The team is amazing and doing things that healthcare needs. Ever wonder what it was like to work at the big fortune 500 companies when there were just twenty people at the company? drchrono is that.

Cons

It is a software company at heart that is in healthcare. So if you love software this is a company to be in.

rough but worth it

I worked at DrChrono full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You'll grow and learn invaluable lessons that you won't get at many other startups. drchrono is a high-growth, hard to handle startup. This is one of the few companies that's been able to meet the extraordinarily high demands of Silicon Valley growth. I was personally also able to grow in multiple capacities at the company -- serving in customer support, quality assurance, account management/sales, and leading Meaningful Use attestations. At one point, I was given code access to make small changes to the site to improve the user experience for customers at very fast speeds, making changes that would never otherwise reach our devs. That's the kind of experience you'll have at drchrono - unconventional but lean. They focus on shipping over writing the perfect solution. The faster you get feedback, the faster you can learn. This is a different philosophy that's not right for everyone, or many in the Silicon Valley. In the Valley, you have engineers who want perfect machines... not craftsman who want perfect solutions to a customer's problem. The distinction is subtle but necessary to make. First, you must discover what those problems are... then you engineer to them to the point where engagement and happiness hits. No premature optimizations.

Cons

The challenges at this company are communication and appreciation. These are challenges at every small startup as they grow. Most startups must be founded by brut force individuals, who will stop at nothing to get the job done. Then, founders must shift to being managers and leaders, and to focus on other metrics.

Advice to Management

Communicate your goals to your team with metrics they can manage and own completely. Embrace their tips, show them you appreciate them for their work, and never get down on them in front of others or rarely at all. Focus on picking the team up and encouraging them to try different solutions -- embrace their hunger to try what they want. Let them try their ideas then impress you or make a mistake. That's why you hire them.

I've worked at a few places and this is the best so far

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The platform just works, I've see junk software in healthcare and these guys have the best thing on the market. I've seen smoke and mirrors, but this isn't that in every aspect.

Cons

The team works extremely hard, it is a smaller team compared to the larger crappier vendors that have teams of 1000's of people. This is a team of less then 100 people working amazingly hard. Get ready to work if you work with them! This is a good thing if you care about healthcare. Not a good thing if you are looking for a 9 to 5 job.

Life is good in Mt. View at drchrono

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthcare is an exciting space and growing rapidly. drchrono is an innovative leader with an amazing iPad application that is used by 60,000 doctors. We are in growth mode.

Cons

This is a start-up so we have limits on our resources and we work very hard.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. New leaders are adding to the management team, keep developing the new products and building out engineering, sales, and customer support departments.

Great place to work at

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge technology in the EHR/EMR place, iPad, iOS, Google Glass apps. A great company culture, where the founders look for input from everyone on how to make the company successful.

Cons

Just like other fast growing companies, drchrono needs more engineers and product managers.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing, this product and company is fantastic.

Creative experience in healthcare

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is a startup in the sense that the team is always creating and designing. I love the fact that we have doctors coming by our offices to talk to us about features and everyone on the team listens. You don't know how important that is in healthcare. I perviously worked at another company in healthcare and they didn't listen to our users, it was very frustrating, but here the team is vigorously learning and improving everything all of the time.

Cons

Office is amazing, amazing lighting but a little far from the train, but it isn't to far.

Advice to Management

Love the ping pong tournaments that are happening now!

9. An amazing place to work.

I have been working at DrChrono full-time

Pros

Leaning about software, engineering, product, how to scale is what this company is about. Focus on culture is important and everyone is involved in hiring.

Cons

We have a ping pong table and everyone loves playing so get ready to play a hard game of ping pong during down time. Love the company, no cons.

I recommend working here if you're passionate about Healthcare

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's still a relatively small company and it's fun to be able to interact across "departments". Almost everyone above me tries to help me get better at my job (sales). The engineering team is ridiculously good and since we finished pivoting we haven't had any turnover on the engineering team even with HR poachers lurking around (we're across the freeway from Google). There's a lot of freedom in how you go about your job in sales. I've been able to work remotely multiple times. We have some excellent backing in terms of funders We're a part of the apple health kit (right now its gimmicky but I'm personally really excited about it).

Cons

In a new position and right now compensation is still being determined. The VP is very fair and considerate and wants his team to be well compensated. But you're going to get that kind of experience working in a start-up. I think things are getting more secure now though. My role as a BDR is primarily cold-calling. So that can be rough. But there are chances that you could get a promotion out of the role in a matter of months because of the rate of growth in the company.

Advice to Management

We need to do some more 1:1s or 1:4s.

Couldn't see myself anywhere else

I have been working at DrChrono full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing, amazing co-workers and culture -Start-up culture with free food, snacks, coffee, breakfast, etc. -Company events like steak dinners, parties, etc. -Free apple technology all over the place -good work/life balance -Amazing sales/marketing/business leadership -whether in sales, marketing, or engineering, everyone is friends and hangs out together -ping pong table in office -fast promotion track -VERY fast growing, totally revamping and moving forward fast -great benefits package

Cons

-not exactly the highest compensation at the lower levels, but everyone loves what they do and sticks around. -Past issues with turnover in employees, but now with new leadership and changes, that is not a problem at all anymore. -sometimes our catered lunch on fridays comes 15 minutes late ;)

Advice to Management

Keep doing your thing. It seems like you've made all of the necessary changes, now that there is a new sales/customer success manager, separate from engineering leadership- everything is going smooth and the company is in great hands. Excited for big things to come.

RSS Feed </> Embed