DrChrono
www.drchrono.com Mountain View, CA 16 to 50 Employees

DrChrono Reviews

Updated Feb 4, 2014

Michael Nusimow

I've worked at a few places and this is the best so far

Implementation Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at DrChrono full-time for more than a year

ProsThe platform just works, I've see junk software in healthcare and these guys have the best thing on the market. I've seen smoke and mirrors, but this isn't that in every aspect.

ConsThe team works extremely hard, it is a smaller team compared to the larger crappier vendors that have teams of 1000's of people. This is a team of less then 100 people working amazingly hard. Get ready to work if you work with them! This is a good thing if you care about healthcare. Not a good thing if you are looking for a 9 to 5 job.

Solving big problems to make a change in the world

Growth Hacker (Former Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I worked at DrChrono full-time for less than a year

ProsIncredibly smart diverse colleagues. Collaborative, fast moving and can get things done really fast.

There is also ongoing learning since healthcare is so game changing, we are learning how to help the medical industry as a whole. The team really wants everyone to be successful so it is an amazing place to be.

There is coaching and a great feedback loop. The team is small enough that they actually care about employees.

ConsJoining drchrono you are shifting to a role with more responsibility, so if you are up for a fun but BIG learning curve jump in!

One of the best experiences I've had

Sales Development (Former Employee)

I worked at DrChrono as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat product, easy to sell, drchrono takes care of their employees. Drchrono employees are given opportunities to perform tasks different from what they were hired to do originally. If you truly enjoy helping companies become great, this is the company to work for!

ConsI really enjoyed working at drc and have no cons to mention.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest and straightforward with your employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ridiculously awesome startup, opportunity to develop your skills

Growth Team (Current Employee)

I have been working at DrChrono full-time for more than a year

Prosdrchrono is one of the only startups where your work will affect thousands of medical professionals and millions of patients every day. I feel like there is a good vibe in the company around building the most amazing stuff in the world.

You WILL make an impact! I am and I did, I'm sure if you work here you will feel the same way.

ConsA great place to work but at times it is a startup so it can get messy, not much red tape, this can be a good thing at times.

Growth team

I have been working at DrChrono full-time for more than a year

ProsI work on the growth team at drchrono. The company is growth at a fast rate. I LOVE the mission of the company, making the world a better place through technology and healthcare. The values of the company are amazing, some of the most brilliant minds in the world are finally coming together to work on fixing healthcare.

The people are always positive and it is actually fun.

ConsSometime we work weekends but it is worth it, since we are doing something that is making a change. E.g. I know the original iPad app was created on a weekend hackathon with the team. :)

rough but worth it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DrChrono full-time for more than a year

ProsYou'll grow and learn invaluable lessons that you won't get at many other startups. drchrono is a high-growth, hard to handle startup. This is one of the few companies that's been able to meet the extraordinarily high demands of Silicon Valley growth.

I was personally also able to grow in multiple capacities at the company -- serving in customer support, quality assurance, account management/sales, and leading Meaningful Use attestations. At one point, I was given code access to make small changes to the site to improve the user experience for customers at very fast speeds, making changes that would never otherwise reach our devs. That's the kind of experience you'll have at drchrono - unconventional but lean.

They focus on shipping over writing the perfect solution. The faster you get feedback, the faster you can learn. This is a different philosophy that's not right for everyone, or many in the Silicon Valley. In the Valley, you have engineers who want perfect machines... not craftsman who want perfect solutions to a customer's problem. The distinction is subtle but necessary to make. First, you must discover what those problems are... then you engineer to them to the point where engagement and happiness hits. No premature optimizations.

ConsThe challenges at this company are communication and appreciation. These are challenges at every small startup as they grow. Most startups must be founded by brut force individuals, who will stop at nothing to get the job done. Then, founders must shift to being managers and leaders, and to focus on other metrics.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate your goals to your team with metrics they can manage and own completely. Embrace their tips, show them you appreciate them for their work, and never get down on them in front of others or rarely at all. Focus on picking the team up and encouraging them to try different solutions -- embrace their hunger to try what they want. Let them try their ideas then impress you or make a mistake. That's why you hire them.

Challenging and Exciting Engineering Work

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono as an intern for less than a year

ProsEven as an intern, I got to work with great people on tough engineering problems that directly impacted the customer experience.

ConsI didn't experience anything negative there.

Great internship

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at DrChrono as an intern for less than a year

ProsI had a fun, productive summer working at drchrono. My bosses let me choose which projects I wanted to work on, I had full ownership (and responsibility) for my projects, and I got to develop software using cutting-edge technologies. There were only two meetings a week, which was a big plus for me.

ConsSometimes healthcare isn't the most exciting field -- complying with privacy laws can be an interesting challenge, but it can also be a pain. Shipping features is prioritized over writing perfect code.

Micro management

Mountain View, CA

I have been working at DrChrono full-time for less than a year

ProsGood way to break into the Silicon Valley and start your career.

ConsManagement has big hopes for this product and goes so far as to compare themselves to google and Facebook. It's some what amusing. They'll micro manage you to death.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up and get over your self!

Hard work but rewarding experience

I have been working at DrChrono full-time for more than a year

ProsThe experience you gain working at drchrono is invaluable. You can be involved in all aspects of the company- sales, support, development, design. The founders are approachable and willing to meet with each employee individually. The company is going through a period of tremendous growth and is probably going to raise another round of funding. We have the best product in the industry.

Consdrchrono is going through real growing pains. Startups will often times pivot or have a change in vision. At one point, the tension within the company was palpable because there were an obvious number of people (6-7) that were frustrated and unhappy. They became increasingly difficult to work with. Pretty much all of the those employees are gone. There are around 20 of us still working here and passionate about what we do. drchrono is definitely not "Disney Land", but I can honestly say my experience at this company is very different from the negative reviews below. I hate writing reviews, but the review just prior to mine was not just insulting to management, but it was insulting to everyone that still works here. FYI, our goals and dreams are very much alive.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep designating strong leaders to each department and keep listening to department needs. You are doing a good job so far and we are excited about all the changes coming soon.

Worked for DrChrono? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DrChrono reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DrChrono CEO Michael Nusimow . All 14 reviews posted anonymously by DrChrono employees.