DrVita Reviews

3.8

Wayne Gorsek

Decent Start-up Company

I have been working at DrVita full-time

Pros

Really relaxed, laid back environment. They change executives like they change their underwear, but it is overall a good company. They're just kind of starting up, so hopefully they will be better in the next 1-2 years. They offer insurance -not the best but it's pretty good if you don't have any at all. They provide lunch on Fridays too!

Cons

Many of the departments are not in sync which can you leave you confused and out of the loop.

It would really help, if all departments were on one accord. Also, test out things before implementing them.

I love working for DrVita.com

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at DrVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working at DrVita.com has been such a pleasure. My team is hardworking, productive and supportive. I feel that my work is truly appreciated and I am not afraid of sharing my thoughts and opinions to benefit the company as a whole and our customers experience. I love that I can stand behind our products, as I use them everyday. Overall, I am highly satisfied and have no complaints.

Cons

Communication and project organization was a little shaky when I first began working. However, with our new management hierarchy and morning meetings in place I have seen vast improvement. Let's continue to grow together!

Keep doing what you're doing.

Startup's can be stressful & fun

I have been working at DrVita

Pros

new company, great people, great products

Cons

there is more work than time

continue to improve and listen to the employees

Time flies when there's much to do (and that's a good thing)

I have been working at DrVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free pizza on Fridays, free vitamins and supplements, great friendly people, great work and plenty of it to keep everyone occupied. A quickly growing company and a startup environment that works well for people who enjoy working in many disciplines and on a wide variety of projects.

Cons

Sometimes disorganized communication between departments. The startup environment is definitely not for everyone so there is more turnover than usual.

High Paced Challenging Work Enhancing Vitality, Health and Wellness

Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at DrVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

DrVita is a young, emerging Internet retailer founded by an industry pioneer with high expectations. It is a true meritocracy where superior work, dedication and productivity is rewarded. DrVita.com offer vitamin, nutrition, vitality, health and wellness products to consumers wishing to enhance their pursuit of a happy, healthy and active lifestyle. It is an All American company producing its own proprietary products made in its state of the art Las Vegas facility with the latest, most technologically available equipment employing only the highest quality ingredients. DrVita.com’s goal is to offer high quality products to those wishing to lead a healthy life and provide a window of opportunity for those looking for more information about health and nutrition. DrVita.com is 100% USA based, employing over 70 US citizens and Made in America.

Cons

DrVita is a small, fast paced organization. It does not offer the protection and security of industry giants.

Stick to your strategy and ensure execution.

You are expendable, and that's how they treat us everyday.

I have been working at DrVita

Pros

Free pizza Friday
    Co workers are good

Cons

Upper management doesn't provide direction or training. They just bark orders and demand results without understanding the process. They provide no structure either. There is no compassion for their workers, because we are constantly threatened that we are expendable. If you think it's you, it's not, they've gone through several teams in less than a year, and that's not a coincidence. Constantly make bad business decisions to which we constantly get punished for. They never jump in and help us clean up their mess. Instead, they just pile more on us. It's unbearable and unrealistic. We sometimes work 7 days a week and upper management gets in late and leaves early. If there was a real HR department, I would have shared this with them instead.

I see the one star reviews from past employees on here and I have to say that NOTHING has changed and I regret not seeing these reviews before taking the job.

Treat your employees with respect!

Excellent Company

I have been working at DrVita full-time

Pros

The relationship between employees and management is excellent . Executive management listens to our ideas and inputs, motivates and empower my team members and me. The management team celebrates our success and shares credits with their team members.

Each and every Friday employees are invited into cafeteria for Pizza .Team members are valued as a part of the business, not merely people who work for the company.

The best place to work for in Vegas !

Cons

Non productive and poor performance is not welcomed.

I am glad to work with such a talented and accomplised management team- Keep up the great work

Great place to work

I have been working at DrVita full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ability to take ownership of your job
    Individual contributions very well recognized
    Great weekly lunches and monthly employee recognitions
    Very intelligent and proven leadership team

Cons

Covered parking would be a great benefit

Keep it up!

Don't leave your good job for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at DrVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My coworkers were talented, hardworking, and nice (but they are all gone now, all of them!).

Cons

This company has a high turnover rate, and for good reason. It's honestly the worst work environment I've worked in my entire life. Long work hours, high stress, low morale, negative attitudes from executive management, they all take their toll on the employees.

Set up realistic expectations. You are a start up company, and you will not hit the numbers that the industry leaders produce. Firing employees because you're not hitting those unrealistic goals will only damage your progress.

Nice people, great learning environment

Current Employee - Purchasing Department in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Purchasing Department in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at DrVita full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Intelligent, hardworking employees - I've met many friends here and appreciate having smart, conscientious people on the same team
    - Lots of opportunities to learn and grow - it's rewarding to be a part of something from the very beginning!
    - Ability to work closely with big vendors to bring in new, exciting products

Cons

Better coffee in the breakroom would be great :)

DrVita Photos