Drake International

Be The First To
Add Photos

R. W. Pollock

Diverse Work Place

ProsGives chance to share ideas to improve the sourcing process. Has good work environment.

ConsLesser chance for promotion inside the company since population is not really that big.

Challenging, interesting work

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Melbourne (Australia)

ProsInnovative in terms of product offering

ConsTightly controlled by absent canadian owner.

Better Avoid IT!!

Sales Administrator (Former Employee) Toronto (Australia)

ProsGood working environment. And good pay

ConsBad management. Not at all considerate

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be considerate

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Look for something better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsGood location
    International company
    Canadian owned

ConsDifficult to get a real answer from Management (they just ignore your emails)
    Low commission structure
    Poor teamwork
    Negative environment
    Unprofessional chit chat
    Not much privacy.... Also note that they do a full credit check at the interview

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds a serious overhaul

Amateur Management!

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsDrake (HQ) provides their employees great training tools in order for their employees to succeed!
    If you are eager to learn and implement these tools, you will do well!
    Commission structure is a little low, but as long as you build a solid client base and focused market, you can earn a lot of money!
    If an employee consistently achieves their targets, he/she will be recognized by upper management.

ConsDepending the branch, cons may vary, but here is a list regarding my experience:
    - Horrible atmosphere: poor lighting, desks are placed closely together - hence no privacy.
    Loud, unprofessional talk and behavior.
    - Management leaves out employees for so-called team building activities.
    - Employees who do not work overtime, are frowned upon.
    - Competitive spirit amongst teammates
    - Management speaks condescendingly to employees
    - Staff is reprimanded publicly
    - Management discusses and divulgers confidential matters, regarding employees, to others who are not part of the management team.
    - Employees are being told by management to steal their teammate`s client if they`re not doing enough business with them.
    - Poor work ethic and confidentiality
    - Praised one day, stepped-on the next
    - High employee turnover
    - Poor follow up with candidates who are not qualified for a job.
    - Employees who have not achieved their targets are usually picked on until they`ve had enough and quit.
    - CV`s sent to client without meeting the candidate first
    - Management does not practice what they preach

ETC. ETC. ETC.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing a Manager is one of the toughest jobs out there! Managing different personalities and backgrounds, while empowering and leading a team, is very difficult. The experience is needed!
    Drake International is promoting their top SALES people as Branch Managers/Area Managers. Big Mistake!
    Stop promoting these top performers, hire strong Managers and you will experience less turnover!
    Because someone is great in sales, it does not mean that he/she can manage a team.

Worst agency EVER!!

CCR (Former Employee) London, ON (Canada)

ProsThe only pro I could think of is that I got paid on time.

ConsFirst of, I don't think they should even be in business. I was hired at a bank and my training was going great. I was being appreciated by managers, got appreciation emails within 2 months of working. One morning, I wakeup for work and I get a call from the agency that I have been let go. When I asked reason, they said that I took longer break in training period and also went to the cafe to buy food during training period. However, I told them that I went to the restroom and the snack I had was already in my bag. They couldn't do anything about that. They didn't take a stand for me, for my job, even though they were getting paid from my paycheck. I will never recommend this agency to anyone. But I do hope that they go out of business soon. Amen!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a stand for your employees because when they work, then only you make money and kindly hire some reliable people.

A company with potential that needs to come out of the 1960's !

ProsLots of freedom to shape your role the way you would like it to be. Easy to shine and be recognised ....to a degree

Consvery hard to actually get things done. Company is locked into their own way of doing things and will not step into the unknown. Used to me a market leader but has lost all White Collar traction over the past 10 years and has sunk into a Blue Collar torpor.

Used to be very open to work/life balance but all has changed and feels like you are punching a clock when you arrive and leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new younger management - Please

Work environment

Talent Management Soltuions (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsFlexible working environment, Buzzing downtown location, Close to union station, flexible hours, working from home, good learning environment, chance to learn and start career

ConsExtrememly unfriendly staff, extremely unfriendly environment, very arrogant and slow everything gets delayed, people don't work, they only work when the owner is in town...

Very poor culture, atmosphere and horrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

Prosthe promote from within
    Unfortunately, there are no other pros I can think of

ConsPoor pay
    commission structure is unreasonable and very low paying
    management style is unhelpful
    promoting from within can cause disturbances within the branches and lead to very poor management

Advice to Senior Managementclean up the entire management team (do not know to run a company!!!!!)

Any positive review is A LIE

Customer Service (Current Employee) Ottawa, ON (Canada)

ProsGood contracts
    High pay rate (contract dependent)

ConsI was employed by Drake on a contract with a major bank. I was enjoying my training and was at the top of my training class in grades (consistently getting 98-100% on my reviews). I got a call on the sunday before my 4th week of training telling me that I was to not show up to work again as I had been let go. No reason was provided for my termination, so naturally I emailed my supervisor at the bank asking why I was let go. Instead of getting an explanation from the bank, I get a call from Drakes head office in Toronto, from one of the most rude people I have ever spoken with, telling me how out of line I was for trying to find out why I was terminated. I still to this day dont know why I was let go. It really bothers me that a company will fire you and not provide any reason. That makes it impossible for me to know where I could have improved in the future. Also, the people in their Albert Street office are extremely rude and I received my first paycheck from them MONTHS after it was supposedly issued.

Late Payments
    Sudden terminations with no reasons provided
    Rude employess
    Poor Management & Communication

Advice to Senior ManagementDont fire people without a reason, dont make people hunt you down for paychecks, have people who dont hate their job work front desk.

Worked for Drake International? Contribute to the Community!