Drake International Reviews

Reset
2.6
R. W. Pollock

1. A dying dinosaur

Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Drake International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly colleagues. Feeling part of a global group.

Cons

An old fashioned company run by old fashioned people. Drake is a sinking ship that has not caught up with the internet age.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the 1960s culture and bring in some new young blood into the management structure, people who understand the internet, social media and the power of contemporary digital branding.

2. Very bad

Current Employee - Worker in Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Worker in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Drake International full-time

Pros

nothing really at all literally

Cons

everything is a con in this place

Advice to Management

close shop

spiteful managers and staff.

I worked at Drake International

Pros

instead of sending me my paycheck I got a Christmas card wishing me merry Christmas. talk about narrow minded.

Cons

second class agency, they should be admonished by their superiors for the lousy work they do. My experience has to be the worst, I do not recommend to anyone, I worked there and did not get paid. So I called and the condescending manager in charge, she hung up on me. Among the similar experiences to the latter, I eventually gave up because of their of foolhardy and facetious treatment of your concerns!

Advice to Management

I strongly urge them to take the time to acknowledge each individuals concerns and not be so reckless with something serious that is a paycheck. It is illegal by the by.

5. Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Drake International full-time

Pros

Good office. Work flexibility. Social.

Cons

Run by two amateurs from the UK who don't know how to run a business and dislike anyone not guilo.

Advice to Management

Get rid of management and get new staff.

6. It is what you make it

I have been working at Drake International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great compensation plan - Great team environment - Constant Learning - 100% Club - The chance to run your own desk - Room for growth - The chance to learn a ton about the job market and different positions

Cons

- I don't believe that there are too many cons to working at Drake, because it is what you make it - Drake demands a lot but if you are committed you will succeed

Advice to Management

- Lead from the front

poor management

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Drake International

Pros

great to learn fundamentals of recruiting and to gain work experience. great team.

Cons

inexperienced management. do not celebrate achievement. upper management is not educated about what goes on in their own company.

8. YOU MAKE YOUR OWN PATH

Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Drake International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Entrepreneurial organization, where you get exactly what you put in. Due to the flat structure of the organization, you can have a great deal of progression and success if you perform. - Key people are outstanding and extremely motivational. - Base salaries are mid-market, variable bonus plans are very aggressive (again, directed at high performers). - Training and coaching opportunities are readily available. - Socials" every Friday. - If you have an idea that has ROI, there is a high likelihood that you can run with it. - Company is becoming more globally minded.

Cons

- Low performers are sometimes given an equal voice by the involved owner. - Turn-over is an issue in branches where there is no strong manager. - Salary reviews are not necessarily annualized.

Advice to Management

- Be decisive and remove non-performers or low-performers. - Do not allow senior people in the organization to get away with negative language that degrades the brand. - Focus on implementing ideas that work in the current market (not ideas from 1960's-70's).

9. Satisfying First Interview

Current Employee - Client in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Client in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Drake International part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was referred by a friend to Drake. He gave me a number to get in touch with the agency, and things went smooth onwards. The agent I met with was very friendly and easy to communicate with, and got the most out of me.

Cons

I have read a lot here on the site, but it's honestly too soon for me to comment or list any negatives on my behalf. I am currently waiting for them to get in touch with an offer from a company that is ready to employ me.

Bad experiences with drake company

I have been working at Drake International

Pros

Nothing at all with drake

Cons

The drake office does not want to help clients to find work just want to upset the people that are looking in for work and make them feel like dirt

Advice to Management

I filled out for work in the drake London office had an appointment but they told me they could not say if it was full time or on call work so the day of my apartment I got a call from another agency with work so I went with them but called the drake company to informed them I could not make it and now that I'm applying for new work with this company then send me emails saying you never showed up witch I did and told the lady this and then she came back with oh ya who is the lady you talked to on the phone ...in don't know the lady I talked to thought I was doing the right thing calling and telling them I found works some place eles but soon as i apply for a job posting I get told I did something I did not do to me that's not helping clients with work its stressing them out we have a hard enough time trying to find work and put our trust into job agency to help us and give us a bit of hope but that's not what you get with this company at all its a your wrong I'm right game

11. Lacked accountable leaders

I worked at Drake International (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people and outstanding office location.

Cons

Bonus plan was not clear and consequently did not get paid on. Management team were not empowered to correct this and shortly after left the business.

Advice to Management

Create a succession plan and execute it. Give accountability to general managers and don't chop and change sales compensation plans

RSS Feed </> Embed