Drexel University

www.drexel.edu

Drexel University Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Drexel University – US – “Mario the Dragon”

Drexel University President John A. Fry

John A. Fry

Pros
  • Being a private organization with smaller academi community, it tends to be a great environment to work(in 10 reviews)

• Tuition remission for most of the excellent programs offered is another good reason to work here(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I worked for an advisor who was essentially hostile to anyone maintaining work-life balance(in 3 reviews)

• lack of resect for employees, low pay(in 4 reviews)

A neutral experience

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsMy boss and workmates supported me.

ConsDrexel's bureaucracy often led to payment problems.

Great experience

ProsA lot of people from various background, very diverse environment to work in. Willing to help students a lot, and easy to transfer between departments.

ConsNot many problems I can think of, but sometimes the pay is less for campus jobs, but it may be much more than the other universities, so not really much to complain about.

Nice University

Grants Administrator (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsNice work environment, pretty straightforward organization and great benefits

ConsSalary could've been slightly higher for position

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, but not perfect

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe location, the hardware equipment are pretty good, have good health insurance covered by University. I can take classes from different department and even from some other college without much difficulty.

ConsLive in city is kind of expensive, parking, dinning, all very expensive.
    More than half of the research fund was deducted by the university and college of engineering. And the professor still need to pay for one credit(about $1300) after phd student pass the candidacy exam.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more money to hire reputable professors, not just build new buildings to attract more students.

Nice and great

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsProfessors here have open door policy, very friendly, a lot of things to learn

ConsWork load is huge, a lot pressure from advisors

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more gentle to students...

Drexel Sucks!

Gift Processing Coordinator (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGood university with decent benefits

ConsEverything: bad management, unorganized, sloppy

Great Place to Work

Enrollment (Current Employee)

ProsIt boasts a collaborative work environment and encourages employees growth and development.

ConsSome positions may require weekend work.

Not a research facility

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosgood pay, some good mentors.

Consthe financial staff have no interest in helping you, as a student.
    higher level administration very in-personable and unhelpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually pay attention to student workers, as so many of the best ones transfer.

Loved the people I worked with, wished I had a better manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked in the enrollment management department and I have to say that I worked for a dynamic group of people. I know if I was able to expand more in my position, I would have been able to learn more from each and every one of my coworkers. Also the fact that I was able to complete my program without owing any money was a plus. Out of all the jobs I have held, Drexel had the best orientation hands down and did the best job on-boarding employees so kudos to the hr department. Definitely did a great job welcoming employees and introducing them to Drexel and now and days that is unheard of due to budget constraints in companies.

ConsI think it is fair to warn incoming employees of the Associate Director of the Customer service communications dept....all I'm going to say about this individual is they can use a little a management training ... I've watched this person get away with some very unprofessional... Borderline egregious behavior while I was there and it baffles me that they are still employed at Drexel. Many complaints have been made to hr and the head of the dept about this person and clearly they have fallen on deaf ears. I would only hope that going forward they give this person the proper training needed so they can stop participating in behavior... Other than her ...no other complaints

Advice to Senior ManagementMakes sure all of your managers are properly trained to help retain quality employees

Really Awesome Coop program

Drexel Associate (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsCoop program and scholarship opportunities which have also helped students working there with the opportunity of recieving work study experience.

ConsLimited work hours which can be very stressful to workers and the security is really annoying at drexel because they are all over the place. TROLOLOLOL TROLOLOL

Worked for Drexel University? Contribute to the Community!