Drexel University

www.drexel.edu

Drexel University Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Drexel University – US – “Mario the Dragon”

Drexel University President John A. Fry

John A. Fry

Pros
  • Being a private organization with smaller academi community, it tends to be a great environment to work(in 10 reviews)

• Tuition remission for most of the excellent programs offered is another good reason to work here(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • I worked for an advisor who was essentially hostile to anyone maintaining work-life balance(in 3 reviews)

• lack of resect for employees, low pay(in 4 reviews)

Still Standing

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsStaff on the corporate side is uneven. Some are very concerned about students but leadership is more concerned with counting beans. Most faculty are caring and want to see their students succeed but it's hard to work well under constant fear of firing.

ConsParanoid atmosphere. Rules and expectations keep changing...almost daily. No recourse if you're unhappy, they just show you the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some real academic leaders who are qualified not your cronies. Clean out faculty who don't do their jobs and give teaching power back to the faculty.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

IT was a great experience

Driving Position (Current Employee) Fairless Hills, PA

Prosgreat college town like Penn

Consa little hard to get to.

Outstanding academic environment for an adjunct professor

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsA lot of flexibility, great location, great students. Although an adjunct, welcomed as any other faculty member in a world class R1 school. Diverse and dynamic student body is an attractive side to any educational opportunity.

ConsCity Wage Tax, lack of technological support in certain buildings, constant construction on campus (not really a con because the campus was rated as unattractive and the school is succeeding in shedding that status)

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work Environment

Animal Care Technician (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat group of people to work for, good benefits, relaxed atmosphere

ConsThe building is old and it interferes with daily operations at times

Academia meets real world practical knowledge = Drexel University

Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsDrexel believes not just in the accumulation of knowledge but transferring skills and real world practical experience to create a well-rounded member of society.

ConsAdjunct professor salaries are on the low side of competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to look to the community for "been-there" "done-that" people who can provide not only knowledge, but the benefits of their experience and expertise to the students.

Excellent Student Connections

Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) Phila, PA

ProsLots of creativity, flexibility, benefits

Conslow pay, secretive salary information

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide salary ranges to professors

Interesting and rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAble to get tuition remission and great benefits. It is a very fast moving environment. Changing constantly with lot of growth benefits with a huge caveat. See below for the explanation.

ConsWay too much politics. if you are within the circle of trust you are good if not you get forgotten you are even there. You can choose to play the game and then you will get promoted and move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the silos. Also give little more power to the middle management and don't let the higher ups take all the credits that other employees deserve.

nice school

Prosnice connections with students and care students

Consdo not have any shortage yet

I have a great study experience at Drexel.

Research Assistant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsIn Drexel University, I feel the multicultural, professional, friendly and lively environment around.

ConsI think there are some useless courses.

Advice to Senior Managementneed more suitable courses

Part-time, full-time work at Drexel University

Resident Assistant (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsEveryone is willing to help a student and new employee learn from their own experiences and through the job. There are plenty of different opportunities in many different departments for students and co-ops to get a ton of experience right on campus.

ConsDoes not pay or does not pay well. Runs very much so like a corporation even though it is a University, which can be good or bad, but for a student-employee it is not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinually look to help students grow through their position

Worked for Drexel University? Contribute to the Community!