Drive Automotive Industries of America

Drive Automotive Industries of America Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
4.0
CEO

Like any real job working at Drive is both challenging and rewarding.

I have been working at Drive Automotive Industries of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Drive is one of the few places left that allows you the latitude to grow personally and professionally, while contributing to the overall success of the team and company. The wage and benefit program is very competitive and conversely so is the expected job performance of our associates. The automotive industry is itself a highly competitive field of endeavor. If you’re just looking for a job, Monday through Friday 9:00 to 5:00 then you won’t last; but if you’re looking for a chance to begin a career with the opportunity to advance, and you invest in your own future, then this is the place to make it happen, to have a voice, and to get your chance. Nothing good in life is easy or free.

Cons

This is a results oriented business, due to customer demands and any other unforeseen requirements work often times require more than the typical 40 hour work week, especially if there are new program launches. Many times over the past 19 years my weekend family plans were disrupted due to work requirements and yes you are expected to be there. This is the tradeoff, it is not just about you, it is about all of our Customer requirements, all of our People’s requirements, and all of our Investors requirements. Trying to keep them all in sync and in balance is difficult at best.

Advice to Management

"The best executive is one who has sense enough to pick good people to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it." — Theodore Roosevelt

2. Drive Automotive

Current Employee - Engineer in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Drive Automotive Industries of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent Salary is traded off for terrible work life balance. Good core group of people in the engineering department

Cons

- No room for advancement
    - Management has no clear direction or plan
    - Tool makers running operations and engineering with no real understanding of detailed engineering analysis or long term planning

3. anything

I have been working at Drive Automotive Industries of America

Pros

good money, ok hours, good for someone who needs fast money

Cons

never off, management kisses butt to people above them

5. Missed Job

Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Piedmont, SC
    Current Employee - Forklift Operator in Piedmont, SC

Pros

I enjoyed the work atmosphere and the compensation in pay. I also enjoyed working for Travis Hall he was a great supervisor.

Cons

The only con would have to be the last minute overtime due to customer demands and problems with material coming from the press shop.

Drive Automotive Industries of America Photos