Drive Medical

Updated January 26, 2015
Updated January 26, 2015
2.1

CEO

Working for Drive Medical was very challenging and rewarding.

I worked at Drive Medical

Pros

Running the territory as if I were the owner was a positive benefit for working at Drive Medical.

Cons

Learning numerous products was diffcult

This company has strong upper management and leadership.

I love working with the people I do, they keep me inspired!

I have been working at Drive Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Every day you learn something new, it never gets stagnant.

Cons

Better communication between departments is needed.

None

Great Company

I have been working at Drive Medical

Pros

Fast growing company with many opportunities, they listen to employees and care about their success.

Cons

sometimes it's challenging to keep up with high volume, try your best.

hire more talented people

Intern

I worked at Drive Medical

Pros

Drive is a quickly expanding company with new opportunities developing daily. Management has a strong plan for the company in the future.

Cons

Management demands a lot out of their employees and a work-life balance can become somewhat unfavorable.

The goals for the company are great, Drive has quickly become one of the most successful long term medical equipment companies.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, KEEP LOOKING FOR ANOTHER JOB

Former Employee - Territory Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Business Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ummm...not one comes to mind, none

Cons

Archaic base pay, used car salesman level managers, you end up destroying your car as you drive so much, they will always find a way to not pay you your quarterly bonus even though you hit your number, customers have trouble buying from Drive due to poor quality Chinese made medical equipment. The highest turnover rate I have ever seen with a company. Twice a week you would get e-mails saying "So and So is no longer with the company". There is no work life balance as once you work all day, you end up doing e-mails all evening

restructure your pay scale to compete with real world sales and you would help with the endless turnover problem that has been plaguing you guys for years, start making better equipment, I have never seen more equipment break right out of the box, Sell to Medline or Invacare

DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Drive Medical

Pros

Friendly customers
    Fellow reps are good people

Cons

I have never been over promised and under delivered more by an employer in my adult life. They will promise you the world and deliver nothing. Just look at all of the reviews and you will start to understand... Outside reps leave left and right as Drive has a "Churn and Burn" philosophy. They work their reps to so much during the week that the only way to stay on top of everything is to work evenings and weekends. Any feedback you give is neglected as they do not "listen"... Its Drives way or the Highway. Customer service does not exist at Drive so be prepared to have customers complaining constantly.

Listen to your reps and don't treat all of your territories the same way and you'll start to keep your reps longer than a year.

I worked at Drive Medical as a Temp to Hire.-Port Washington, NY.

I worked at Drive Medical

Pros

Casual Fridays and Bagels.

Not working here!

Cons

Supervisors would rather throw the employees under the bus just to save their butt with upper management. They do not care one bit about their employees. When offering the position they never mentioned half the stuff that you will actually be doing. You DO NOT get paid enough!!!! Overworking employees, you leave work never wanting to come back.

GET NEW MANAGEMENT! You guys have a bunch of hypocrites working for you and I have no time to deal with people like this. Grow up.

Unhappy

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A few nice people, good parking, dress down fridays.

Cons

salary, promotion opportunities, inclement weather policies, rude co-workers

Decent Products. Penny Pinching management.

Former Employee - Territory Business Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Business Manager

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pricing that a sales rep could offer to potential customers were very competitive. My immediate supervisor was reasonable, but any request that went beyond him was not handled well.

Cons

Commissions were never accurate, when I caught a problem my manager would correct it but it was never-ending and always left me wondering how many commission dollars I missed. The bonus program seemed designed to become impossible over time. Constantly losing customers over service issues.

Sell to Invacare, take your cash and move on.

Better to be homeless then work here

Former Employee - Worked In Corporate Very Close With Senior Management in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good parking. There is a vending machine that works. An ice cream truck comes by in the summer that you can buy treats from

Cons

It will suck the life out of you and if you request a day to breath some life back into you expect to be punished. The upper management couldn't care less about any of the employees. It churns people, good people regardless of how long you have been there or what you have done for the company. You are only judged by the last week or two.

Why do you work so hard to get so much money to be so angry all the time. Maybe if you relaxed and stopped yelling at everybody all the time for the most minor of reasons you may realize these people are on your team.