Drive Medical

Updated December 1, 2014
Updated December 1, 2014
1.6

CEO

Decent Products. Penny Pinching management.

Former Employee - Territory Business Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Business Manager

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pricing that a sales rep could offer to potential customers were very competitive. My immediate supervisor was reasonable, but any request that went beyond him was not handled well.

Cons

Commissions were never accurate, when I caught a problem my manager would correct it but it was never-ending and always left me wondering how many commission dollars I missed. The bonus program seemed designed to become impossible over time. Constantly losing customers over service issues.

Sell to Invacare, take your cash and move on.

DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Drive Medical

Pros

Friendly customers
    Fellow reps are good people

Cons

I have never been over promised and under delivered more by an employer in my adult life. They will promise you the world and deliver nothing. Just look at all of the reviews and you will start to understand... Outside reps leave left and right as Drive has a "Churn and Burn" philosophy. They work their reps to so much during the week that the only way to stay on top of everything is to work evenings and weekends. Any feedback you give is neglected as they do not "listen"... Its Drives way or the Highway. Customer service does not exist at Drive so be prepared to have customers complaining constantly.

Listen to your reps and don't treat all of your territories the same way and you'll start to keep your reps longer than a year.

I worked at Drive Medical as a Temp to Hire.-Port Washington, NY.

I worked at Drive Medical

Pros

Casual Fridays and Bagels.

Not working here!

Cons

Supervisors would rather throw the employees under the bus just to save their butt with upper management. They do not care one bit about their employees. When offering the position they never mentioned half the stuff that you will actually be doing. You DO NOT get paid enough!!!! Overworking employees, you leave work never wanting to come back.

GET NEW MANAGEMENT! You guys have a bunch of hypocrites working for you and I have no time to deal with people like this. Grow up.

Unhappy

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A few nice people, good parking, dress down fridays.

Cons

salary, promotion opportunities, inclement weather policies, rude co-workers

Better to be homeless then work here

Former Employee - Worked In Corporate Very Close With Senior Management in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good parking. There is a vending machine that works. An ice cream truck comes by in the summer that you can buy treats from

Cons

It will suck the life out of you and if you request a day to breath some life back into you expect to be punished. The upper management couldn't care less about any of the employees. It churns people, good people regardless of how long you have been there or what you have done for the company. You are only judged by the last week or two.

Why do you work so hard to get so much money to be so angry all the time. Maybe if you relaxed and stopped yelling at everybody all the time for the most minor of reasons you may realize these people are on your team.

terrible

Former Employee - Billing in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Billing in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Drive Medical full-time (less than an year)

Pros

To learn the job and system to advance somewhere else. Learn all you can the system is not hard to learn the experience is worth it .

Cons

poor management, certain employees like to take over as if they were the supervisor. Never worked where the employees tell the supervisor what to do instead of the other way around. Learning things maybe a challenge because you have those that dont want you to learn what they know.

To really look into whats going on in their company.

not enough money

I have been working at Drive Medical full-time

Pros

if you are not in the corporate office you have more leeway to do your job as you see fit without someone looking over your shoulder. everyone in outpost locations is good at getting their jobs done without silly rules and someone breathing down your neck. great management at outpost location. benefits are good

Cons

they don't pay enough money to do who deserve it, if you are not in the corporate location its hard to get a promotion

Not great, but not bad either

I have been working at Drive Medical

Pros

Benefits, other people, experience in field

Cons

work life balance, compensation is a on the lower side.

DRIVE Medical was a positive freelance experience with a very professional workforce.

Former Employee - Freelance Graphic Designer in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Drive Medical as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Off site freelance. Ease of communication through email, phone and ftp servers.

I worked for a two month off-site freelance gig. I went in-house for a couple of days to ensure that I understood their workflow and had the needed files on my computer. My direct contact was a great instructor and was great to work with over the two month period. Communications through email and on the phone worked great and there was minimal wait time for answers to any questions that arose. Hours were flexible as long as you put in your 8 hours daily and completed your work.

During my time there I was offered a full time job for a different company. Upon discussing my good fortune with my contact, his manager allowed me to continue the freelance at night and during weekends for DRIVE Medical. I was able to complete an addition 20 hours of work for them until the project was completed.

It was a pleasure doing business with them and I would work for them in the future if more freelance becomes available.

Cons

None. The job was exactly as described to me in preliminary meetings.

Worst Freelance Graphic Design Experience

I worked at Drive Medical as a contractor

Pros

I cannot think of one positive experience.

Cons

If you are a Freelance Graphic Designer, do not waste your time here as a temp employee. I worked 2 days in house and it was the most depressing environment that I have ever been in. People here seem absolutely miserable. They informed me before working here that the last freelancer was "incompetent" so they fired him and it seems like they tend to do this a lot with their employees based on reading the reviews below. Even only being there for 2 days, I could sense people walking on eggshells around here. Well all I can say is good luck! No one will want to work for this company unless completely desperate after learning about the culture here. After being set up on the server, you will be supervised by a micro manager who will expect an unrealistic amount of work everyday to be completed. Not only that, but he does not know how to manage other freelance designers. The sever you work off of from home, is incredibly slow so it makes it difficult to have a productive work flow. You will be blamed for this, something that is not in your control. Oh and they give freelancers who work at home a strict schedule that you must follow and the pay is incredibly low as well. This place is an absolute joke. It will not be worth the frustration for only $20/hr after taxes!!!!

Communicate with freelance designers without treating them like 2nd class citizens.