DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated August 19, 2014
Updated August 19, 2014

3.6

Ray Fidel

Pros
  • Open and collaborative work environment (in 11 reviews)

• Nice base salary plus commission and monthly team bonus (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay could be better considering the lack of work life balance that you have (in 15 reviews)

• long hours work life balance is important (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

36 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture, amazing talent, not afraid of change, open to their employes ideas and suggestions. This company truly invests in their employees growth

Cons

I don't have one. I'm thankful for all the opportunities I received.

Keep doing what you are doing.

lay off

Former Employee - Auto Tech  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Auto Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good bunch of people to work with except for those in corporate

Cons

very bad about laying people off in a litte over 5 years of working their saw groups of people get laid off 3 times on the 3rd lay off i was involved

realize their are people that have lifes and families to support quit hiring people at cheaper pay just to lay people off

Treatment of employees in great, pay is high and they care for customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

DriveTime has been an awesome company to work for. They are the most transparent and honest company that I have worked for and really care for their employees. The culture around the entire company is very positive and people they hire are well selected.

Cons

working in subprime industry can be a litle dishearting sometimes, but they do the best for the customer which justifies it for me.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The technology company that sells cars.

Current Employee - Developer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Developer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to work with bleeding-edge technologies in an agile workflow. Enjoy the cross-collaboration between the IT teams and the departments we support.

Culture is laid back, management is continually improving our processes and since the company is growing fast, promotion opportunities are promising.

Cons

Very fast work environment can be stressful at times, but if you are up for the challenge it is a lot of fun.
    Happy with our compensation plan/benefits - but would enjoy a little more down time in the form of PTO, flex or weekly work from home options.

Ray Fidel has changed this company from a used car dealer to a technology company that focuses in selling cars. Continue to make this a great place for the top minds in the field.

Great Place! Growth, Culture, Security!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Company Culture is alive and well in all avenues of the business.
    - The company is growing creating more opportunites for everyone.
    - Managment knows how to challenge and are not affraid of change.

Cons

- This organization is growing and changing. If you are affraid of challenges this is not the place for you.

Keep communicating and sharing successes and challenges.

Fast paced, agile company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Open and collaborative work environment.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunity and sound middle-management.

Company that values their employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Efficient and empowering environment.
    Focus on personal growth and career.
    Fun and energetic atmosphere.
    Smart coworkers who listen to ideas and work together.

Cons

Use it or lose it PTO policy.

We could use more fun events!

Rewarding, challenging, and promotion of self growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part about this job is our ability to make a difference in how we do things that can make the company more profitable while allowing individuals to have opportunities for growth.

Cons

There are sometimes mixed messages from upper management that can cause confusion on what is important.

Make sure to stay competitive on salaries and benefits as the job landscape changes. It is likely that some good people will pursue other opportunities if they don't feel that they are being taken care of. With the economy beginning to show signs of turning around, more opportunities will be available.

Working for them isn't like walking into your typical used car dealership

Current Employee - Customer Service  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Fun, enthusiastic atmosphere, good pay and benefits and all around good people to work with.

Cons

Slow growth opportunities, call center could use improvements, coffee isn't the best (but thanks for offering it to us). Pay structured could be shifted to more hourly instead of yearly bonus.

Give more opportunity to "specialists" and other entry-level employees, the career path needs to be defined and awarded by effort, not by chance.

Sell 20+ cars and work 50+ hours a week and you might make money.

Current Employee - Sales Advisor  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Decent benefits, some nice co-workers

Cons

Long hours, Managers vs Sales Advisors environment, Selling Overpriced high mileage cars, Having to sell 20+ cars to make decent money.
    Every year they have been lowering the commissions and keeping the base salary the same. Here's an example of your commission if you sold 15 cars a month: in 2014 you would make $400 less than last year and $700 less than the year before per month.

Here's their pay plan: Cars 1-4 is $15 per car(joke), cars 5-8 is $25 per car(another joke), 9-14 is $65 per car(joke three), cars 15-21 is $165(finally a decent commission) 21 and up is $195. Have fun keeping your morale up working a ten+ hour shift when you have to split a $15 commission. Meanwhile mangers work less hours than you do but expect you to come in early and stay late EVERY day. Also they want you to sell all their ancillary products, which is their bread and butter, and you might make $100 at the end of the month if your store sells %100 percent of the cars budgeted.

Overall you'll make around 43-48k a year but you'll be working 50+ hours a week and a crappy schedule that always changes. so you'll be making an average of $15 per hour no overtime.

Stop lowering commissions for sales advisors and pay them for upselling your overpriced ancillary products. I mean the ancillary product is your bread and butter and yet you don't pay a sales advisor for selling it.

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!