DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
3.6

Ray Fidel

Pros
  • Small work environment and good atmosphere (in 13 reviews)

• Great benefits package; you work with awesome people & meeting new people everyday is great (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest con is the work life balance especially as you begin to move into the management role (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours especially during tax season, employees can be over worked sometimes (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice M-F except during tax season, great people to work with

Cons

Good ole boy system is definitely in place with people next up for advancement

The career path you take is up to you.

Current Employee - Market Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

What I like most about DriveTime are the benefits, culture, compensation and the ability to grow as fast as YOU want. I see the reviews about there not being a good work/life balance, and I really disagree. Our lot technicians and operations advisors are on 40 hour work weeks, and our sales advisors average around 45 hours per week. You have 11 paid vacation days during your first year, and that does not include the six holidays we're closed. Work hard, play harder.

Advancement is endless. Sure, those able to relocate will have more opportunities to grow more often, but EVERY major company is like that. However, relocation is not a requirement for advancement unless you're hired for a role that specifies such. For dealership managers (Senior Sales Advisor and up), you get a take-home vehicle. Benefits are great; they even give us over $5,000 per year to go back to school!

Cons

Some people find it difficult to get feedback frequently. Most companies give you an annual review, and your whole year gets summarized on a few sheets of paper. At DriveTime, we're able to career path so quickly because feedback is constant and on the fly.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture, amazing talent, not afraid of change, open to their employes ideas and suggestions. This company truly invests in their employees growth

Cons

I don't have one. I'm thankful for all the opportunities I received.

Keep doing what you are doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Lot Technician  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Lot Technician in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Fantastic pay, automatic PTO accruals every pay period, great work environment, great health coverage. Love to come to work every day.

Cons

Too small of a lot for the amount of vehicles that we have to offer, no real holding lot.

Awesome career at a fun company!

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

The culture of the company is what did it for me. The mix of great people and a truly team oriented environment. The job is fast paced and rewarding with true personal growth as well.

Cons

There really is no downside.

Keep doing a great job!

best career decision of my life

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, schedule, people!!! Ultimatly we are a car dealership but we don't work like it. Coming from a retail background I know what long hours are (60-80 a week). With drivetime if you work open to close everyday (closed sundays and most major holidays) then you will work 56 hours. Again, coming from a retail environment this is nothing, yes in tax season you work alot but the rest of the year is closer to 40-45 a week. You get 3 weeks vacation in your 1st year, your allowed to make mistakes, and the sky truly is the limit on how high you can go I've seen sales advisors become sales managers in less than 1year. Truly the best career decision in my life

Cons

Budgets are not easy to hit but I'm here to be challenged.

Keep doing what your doing I'm happy to call DT my home

True Growth and Opportunity

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

If your looking for a real Growth Opportunity, then look no further. After working for several big companies in the past, DriveTime is the only one that made true growth a reality, and it's a growing company so the potential is truly limitless!

Cons

Honestly speaking, I can't think of any con at all. I love working here after almost five years I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else.

Keep doing what your doing. Our truly unique culture and our willingness to change is what makes DriveTime so special, and keeps us ahead of the curve.

My experience with Drivetime is summed up with extreme career growth.

Pros

When I first heard of Drivetime I was not sure of what their model was at first. Once I joined the company I then realized the mission is to provide the best service to a customer base and redesign the car buying experience. The next thing I noticed is that the sky is the limit on ow far you can take your career.

Cons

At times during the 1st qtr of the year the hours are escalated. This takes getting used to although we are compensated for it.

I would advise them to continue to be open to feedback and to keep working on the training and development of their employees. Nice work!!

Great opportunities at a company that recognizes hard work and dedication.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced, fun environment. Employee development is a huge top to bottom priority. Tons of opportunity across multiple avenues within the company. Compensation and benefits are fantastic. Company culture is great.

Cons

Like all retail. there is a busier time of the year. During Feb through April, the hours get longer and the pace doubles. However, from a sales perspective, the opportunity during this time to make alot of extra money is huge.

Great company to work for in reconditioning center.

Current Employee - Recondition Manager
    Current Employee - Recondition Manager

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

The hours are great 6am to 3pm, you have plenty of family time. The pay is where it should be depending on your level of education and experience.

Cons

You may not excel into management if you’re not a hard worker and not willing to learn multiple positions.

Keep up the good work, the way the company is growing only you can hinder your own success.

DriveTime Automotive Group Photos

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!