DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated January 28, 2015
Updated January 28, 2015
3.6

Ray Fidel

Pros
  • Great work environment with fun and energetic co workers and managers (in 15 reviews)

• I see the reviews about there not being a good work/life balance, and I really disagree (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest con is the work life balance especially as you begin to move into the management role (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours especially during tax season, employees can be over worked sometimes (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Career with tremendous room to grow!

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice base salary with commission and team bonus, work life balance is fair for the car industry, they promote from within and its up to you how far you want to advance...Drivetime has excellent benefits with PTO and they promote a fun, team atmosphere

Cons

Commissions are low for the first 10-11 cars, because we are paid based on a tier...sometimes it is hard to figure out how their approval process works and it can be frustrating at times

Raise the per car commission structure

A Large Company w/ Big Opportunity That Feels Like a Startup!

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- DT is GREAT at empowering their employees - giving them a project and letting them run with it to apply their own solution/vision.
    - You have the opportunity to work on some really big, company changing initiatives.
    - DT opens up a ton of doors and really helps to create a promising career path.
    - DT is good to challenge you and offers ample amount of tools to better yourself professionally.
    - The people and management are AWESOME.
    - Fast paced environment with a "get work done" approach
    - DT is quick to notice hard work and promotions often happen before yearly reviews.
    - Organically grown company - promotes within
    - Rapidly growing company that still feels like a start up
    - CULTURE

Cons

- At times, sense of direction can be convoluted
    - Neutral: Initiatives change frequently as dictated by upper management - This causes things to change quickly at time. You'll need to be good at adapting.
    - Neutral: Documentation is little to non-existent. This allows the employee to create value rather quickly by learning and excelling in an area where few have understanding. On the flip side, you don't waste time updating documentation.
    - IT is slightly underpaid by industry standards, but DT is not shy when it comes to promotions. Earn your keep!

Keep doing what you are doing! Continue to spend time investing into your employees.
    While things can get crazy quickly, try to maintain that transparency with your teams. It will help us to execute more effectively!

Sales Advisor

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

Great opportunity to move up and also move and advance in another state.

Cons

Your schedule is not set many times you will stay after work to help customer

Awesome experience!!

Former Employee - OPERATIONAL ADVICOR in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - OPERATIONAL ADVICOR in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Loved the work, the fun environment, the whole team was warm and friendly. The manager was cool and so was everyone. The team spirit was excellent. Loved all the pep talk and appreciation and acknowledgements. They were brand new here in this state, but they picked up pretty well. They already have made a mark.

Cons

No cons, besides I had to leave because of my child care timing issues.

Keep up the awesome work!!

A Company of Positive Atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Memphis, TN

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

interpersonal work peers, helpful management, interactive company with its workers, supports good causes such as Ronald McDonald House, great benefits and promotes a work-life balance and wellness, comfortable pay, attainable career paths

Cons

You have to wash the cars you sell.

To maximize sales time at the busy periods of the year such as January-May, DriveTime should have car wash vouchers included in there customer packets upon POS. Or, DriveTime could have a special detailing team during those months since profits are higher. The vehicles sold are a representation of DriveTime; therefore, it is important to keep up the physical appearance at POS but without taking time from sales. Also, I think DriveTime should have contest for customers and have these contest advertised on local radio. I believe these contest should be ticket give-aways for meeting certain customer criteria such as maybe a certain number of customer level that day or purchasing certain vehicles that have been sitting on the lot to help move inventory.

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Nov 19, 2014HR

Thank you for the feedback and suggestion for adding additional staff members during tax season. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your career so far at DriveTime!

I started my career here right after college and have continued to career path and grow and now have a position I love!

Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growing company with tons of room to career path up. Competitive pay and benefits. Great work environment with fun and energetic co workers and managers.

Cons

Certain departments have un desirable hours/ occasional Saturdays that you are required to work to do reachability of customers on those days.

It would be nice if the PTO rolled over or if you had it up until your anniversary with the company each year. The use it or loose it policy makes it difficult.

Great company

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice M-F except during tax season, great people to work with

Cons

Good ole boy system is definitely in place with people next up for advancement

The career path you take is up to you.

Current Employee - Market Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

What I like most about DriveTime are the benefits, culture, compensation and the ability to grow as fast as YOU want. I see the reviews about there not being a good work/life balance, and I really disagree. Our lot technicians and operations advisors are on 40 hour work weeks, and our sales advisors average around 45 hours per week. You have 11 paid vacation days during your first year, and that does not include the six holidays we're closed. Work hard, play harder.

Advancement is endless. Sure, those able to relocate will have more opportunities to grow more often, but EVERY major company is like that. However, relocation is not a requirement for advancement unless you're hired for a role that specifies such. For dealership managers (Senior Sales Advisor and up), you get a take-home vehicle. Benefits are great; they even give us over $5,000 per year to go back to school!

Cons

Some people find it difficult to get feedback frequently. Most companies give you an annual review, and your whole year gets summarized on a few sheets of paper. At DriveTime, we're able to career path so quickly because feedback is constant and on the fly.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Managing Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, amazing talent, not afraid of change, open to their employes ideas and suggestions. This company truly invests in their employees growth

Cons

I don't have one. I'm thankful for all the opportunities I received.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Lot Technician in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Lot Technician in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fantastic pay, automatic PTO accruals every pay period, great work environment, great health coverage. Love to come to work every day.

Cons

Too small of a lot for the amount of vehicles that we have to offer, no real holding lot.

DriveTime Automotive Group Photos