DriveTime Automotive Group

www.drivetime.com

DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Ray Fidel

Pros
  • Open and collaborative work environment (in 11 reviews)

• Nice base salary plus commission and monthly team bonus (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay could be better considering the lack of work life balance that you have (in 15 reviews)

• long hours work life balance is important (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for

Lot Technician (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsFantastic pay, automatic PTO accruals every pay period, great work environment, great health coverage. Love to come to work every day.

ConsToo small of a lot for the amount of vehicles that we have to offer, no real holding lot.

Awesome career at a fun company!

ProsThe culture of the company is what did it for me. The mix of great people and a truly team oriented environment. The job is fast paced and rewarding with true personal growth as well.

ConsThere really is no downside.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job!

best career decision of my life

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation, schedule, people!!! Ultimatly we are a car dealership but we don't work like it. Coming from a retail background I know what long hours are (60-80 a week). With drivetime if you work open to close everyday (closed sundays and most major holidays) then you will work 56 hours. Again, coming from a retail environment this is nothing, yes in tax season you work alot but the rest of the year is closer to 40-45 a week. You get 3 weeks vacation in your 1st year, your allowed to make mistakes, and the sky truly is the limit on how high you can go I've seen sales advisors become sales managers in less than 1year. Truly the best career decision in my life

ConsBudgets are not easy to hit but I'm here to be challenged.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing I'm happy to call DT my home

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

True Growth and Opportunity

ProsIf your looking for a real Growth Opportunity, then look no further. After working for several big companies in the past, DriveTime is the only one that made true growth a reality, and it's a growing company so the potential is truly limitless!

ConsHonestly speaking, I can't think of any con at all. I love working here after almost five years I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. Our truly unique culture and our willingness to change is what makes DriveTime so special, and keeps us ahead of the curve.

My experience with Drivetime is summed up with extreme career growth.

ProsWhen I first heard of Drivetime I was not sure of what their model was at first. Once I joined the company I then realized the mission is to provide the best service to a customer base and redesign the car buying experience. The next thing I noticed is that the sky is the limit on ow far you can take your career.

ConsAt times during the 1st qtr of the year the hours are escalated. This takes getting used to although we are compensated for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise them to continue to be open to feedback and to keep working on the training and development of their employees. Nice work!!

Great opportunities at a company that recognizes hard work and dedication.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsFast paced, fun environment. Employee development is a huge top to bottom priority. Tons of opportunity across multiple avenues within the company. Compensation and benefits are fantastic. Company culture is great.

ConsLike all retail. there is a busier time of the year. During Feb through April, the hours get longer and the pace doubles. However, from a sales perspective, the opportunity during this time to make alot of extra money is huge.

Great company to work for in reconditioning center.

Recondition Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe hours are great 6am to 3pm, you have plenty of family time. The pay is where it should be depending on your level of education and experience.

ConsYou may not excel into management if you’re not a hard worker and not willing to learn multiple positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, the way the company is growing only you can hinder your own success.

Great culture and people make Drivetime a great place to work.

Customer Relations (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsThe people are the best part. Everyone is friendly and outgoing from the top managers to the entry level employees. The benefits are very good and go above and beyond what most companies offer. The overall culture is the best I have experienced since I've been working.

ConsHours can be long during busy times of the year. The sub prime market can produce some rough situations once in a while.

New to the team, but I know there is tremendous potential already!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe environment is not overly rigid, pressured, or the extremes or too casual. Great balance of staff and resources for the staff at their locations.

Compensation has a competitive base salary, plus a generous commission plan!

ConsTraining portal is a little cumbersome to find specific courses with no real filters or suggestions. A lot os veteran staff was grandfathered into the company with less requirments than new hires staff have to meet (i.e. bachelorate degree, etc...)

Advice to Senior ManagementWould love to see more of a transitional point for HR/Recruiters and in-store presentations. Training self-paced may not work for all new employees if they are not necessarily self-motivated or used to this industry. I was under the impression that my position was a management trainee position and this was not the case.

The technology company that sells cars.

Developer (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsPlenty of opportunity to work with bleeding-edge technologies in an agile workflow. Enjoy the cross-collaboration between the IT teams and the departments we support.

Culture is laid back, management is continually improving our processes and since the company is growing fast, promotion opportunities are promising.

ConsVery fast work environment can be stressful at times, but if you are up for the challenge it is a lot of fun.
    Happy with our compensation plan/benefits - but would enjoy a little more down time in the form of PTO, flex or weekly work from home options.

Advice to Senior ManagementRay Fidel has changed this company from a used car dealer to a technology company that focuses in selling cars. Continue to make this a great place for the top minds in the field.

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!