DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated September 19, 2014
Updated September 19, 2014
3.6

Ray Fidel

Pros
  • Open and collaborative work environment (in 11 reviews)

• Nice base salary plus commission and monthly team bonus (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay could be better considering the lack of work life balance that you have (in 15 reviews)

• long hours work life balance is important (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Where else can you buy a car with 100,000 miles on it for 20% interest on more than the car sold for when it was brand n

Former Employee - Sales Advisor
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sundays off
    Team bonuses
    Guaranteed salary
    Down time when no one shows
    Normally a sales contest of sprts to get employee buy in

Cons

There is a demographic that the company really exploits. There might be 1 in 10 cars that are actuall decent cars and the sales model was such that it was very easy for the folks who did contracts to manipulate the sales to other associates. Worst job I ever had and they sell it as if it is a great career with advancement. It can be if you ok swindeling folks who have a hard time making ends meet. Oh and the perks are you get a lower interest rate and a discount on the car depending on how long you have been with the company. If you plan to take PTO, you are still responsible for hitting your numbers as if you were not going to be out of the dealership.

Decent leads would be helpful. The culture needs to change away from a good ole boys club.

Application Developer

Current Employee - Applications Developer  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Lots of perks, company outings, Christmas party etc.

Cons

Pay rate is a little low

Ok Company

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

The job provides great work experience and a lot of flexibility. Management normally works with your schedule if you have something else to do.

Cons

The pay is no where near enough for the work load. It seems as if there isn't enough communication that goes on.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All about money

Current Employee - Sales Advisor  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Louisville, KY

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

You have the potential to make great money. Small work environment and good atmosphere. Overall an east job if you're okay with misleading people

Cons

No free time or balance. It's all about DriveTime, nothing else matters. You must be willing to stay late or change your plans in order to possibly sale more cars.

Get rid of the generic online approvals. It makes establishing a trusting relationship with the customer difficult for SAs

Prepare to work long hours on the retail side

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group

Pros

Great People from different walks of life.

Cons

No clear line of management and employee. Employees run the dealership rather than management.
    No time for yourself or family. When your scheduled to get off you can go if you have a customer or if they are busy because they pressure you to stay. Long work hours sometimes 10 hour days

Better career plan, Promote more women employees in higher positions on the retail side.

Alright

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Hires are brought in based on cultural fit, this creates and environment you want to be in.

Cons

Benefits are not great and work-life balance can be problematic. Not many holidays off either. You'll learn a lot if this is your first job, but you may be frustrated if you're coming in with experience.

Great company

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Nice M-F except during tax season, great people to work with

Cons

Good ole boy system is definitely in place with people next up for advancement

The career path you take is up to you.

Current Employee - Market Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Market Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

What I like most about DriveTime are the benefits, culture, compensation and the ability to grow as fast as YOU want. I see the reviews about there not being a good work/life balance, and I really disagree. Our lot technicians and operations advisors are on 40 hour work weeks, and our sales advisors average around 45 hours per week. You have 11 paid vacation days during your first year, and that does not include the six holidays we're closed. Work hard, play harder.

Advancement is endless. Sure, those able to relocate will have more opportunities to grow more often, but EVERY major company is like that. However, relocation is not a requirement for advancement unless you're hired for a role that specifies such. For dealership managers (Senior Sales Advisor and up), you get a take-home vehicle. Benefits are great; they even give us over $5,000 per year to go back to school!

Cons

Some people find it difficult to get feedback frequently. Most companies give you an annual review, and your whole year gets summarized on a few sheets of paper. At DriveTime, we're able to career path so quickly because feedback is constant and on the fly.

Pros/cons

Former Employee - Sales Advisor  in  Mobile, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Mobile, AL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great potential to make a lot of money. Great staff at the dealership. Program basically sales itself.

Cons

No work-life balance. Gets very political when looking to grow within the company.

Accept people for who they are especially when they're performing at a high level.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Managing Director  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture, amazing talent, not afraid of change, open to their employes ideas and suggestions. This company truly invests in their employees growth

Cons

I don't have one. I'm thankful for all the opportunities I received.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!