DriveTime Automotive Group
www.drivetime.com Phoenix, AZ 1000 to 5000 Employees

DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Ray Fidel

Pros:
  • "Open and collaborative work environment"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Good pay for first year without prior experience"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Long hours, low pay, low recognition for jobs well done"
    in 22 reviews
  • "Pay could be better considering the lack of work life balance that you have"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

best career decision of my life

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCompensation, schedule, people!!! Ultimatly we are a car dealership but we don't work like it. Coming from a retail background I know what long hours are (60-80 a week). With drivetime if you work open to close everyday (closed sundays and most major holidays) then you will work 56 hours. Again, coming from a retail environment this is nothing, yes in tax season you work alot but the rest of the year is closer to 40-45 a week. You get 3 weeks vacation in your 1st year, your allowed to make mistakes, and the sky truly is the limit on how high you can go I've seen sales advisors become sales managers in less than 1year. Truly the best career decision in my life

ConsBudgets are not easy to hit but I'm here to be challenged.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing I'm happy to call DT my home

Run And Do Not Look Back!

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Mesa, AZ

ProsLearning New Skills and Average Pay

ConsIncompetent HR and Management and Lots of Nepotism and Good Ole Boys Attitudes. If you are liked and Can Kiss you know what will be fine...Go against the grain and your Done!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employees with respect and like adults. Get rid of the gossiping, Lazy, Bi Polar ,Backstabbing employees and friends you hired or slept with that demoralize the company.

True Growth and Opportunity

ProsIf your looking for a real Growth Opportunity, then look no further. After working for several big companies in the past, DriveTime is the only one that made true growth a reality, and it's a growing company so the potential is truly limitless!

ConsHonestly speaking, I can't think of any con at all. I love working here after almost five years I wouldn't even think of going anywhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing. Our truly unique culture and our willingness to change is what makes DriveTime so special, and keeps us ahead of the curve.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with Drivetime is summed up with extreme career growth.

ProsWhen I first heard of Drivetime I was not sure of what their model was at first. Once I joined the company I then realized the mission is to provide the best service to a customer base and redesign the car buying experience. The next thing I noticed is that the sky is the limit on ow far you can take your career.

ConsAt times during the 1st qtr of the year the hours are escalated. This takes getting used to although we are compensated for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise them to continue to be open to feedback and to keep working on the training and development of their employees. Nice work!!

Great opportunities at a company that recognizes hard work and dedication.

Nashville, TN

ProsFast paced, fun environment. Employee development is a huge top to bottom priority. Tons of opportunity across multiple avenues within the company. Compensation and benefits are fantastic. Company culture is great.

ConsLike all retail. there is a busier time of the year. During Feb through April, the hours get longer and the pace doubles. However, from a sales perspective, the opportunity during this time to make alot of extra money is huge.

Don't apply here

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsThere are none. There are none

ConsI was seemed out by the recruiting manager. They don't like people taking vacations or if you have anything planned they won't hire you. You work all day and you can't even leave work when you are supposed to. Basically, I was told that you don't have a life. The majority of your time is spent on the phone and if you don't sell a certain amount of cars each month then you will get canned. All and I mean all of the offices are in the ghetto. DO NOT APPLY HERE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT

Flag Review
    DriveTime Automotive Group HR responded to this review Jun 30, 2014 EditDelete
    We're sorry to hear you weren't a fit for our company! Our benefits for all new hires begin with at least 11 days of paid vacation time per year, paid holidays and each dealership accommodates our ... More

Great Career Advancement Opportunity

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay and a fun environment. Plenty of move up potential. Well qualified upper management with lots of experience in a specific area of the car market.

ConsLong hours. Pour work life balance.

Drivetime Car Sales has been a great experience thus far.

Operations Advisor (Current Employee)

ProsThe relationship that I have with all of my co-workers and sales managers are great and we all help one another out when needed. Everyone takes a role at being the leader which makes our dealership a whole.

ConsSome of the challenges of working at Drivetime may have to be learning new chanllenges and having to work and fixed them right away when they happen. I work 80 hours a week and sometimes I feel I need to be paid more for the workload that I have.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Magagement would to follow up with workers to make sure everyone is up to date on work so that no one or work is left behind.

Great company to work for in reconditioning center.

Recondition Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe hours are great 6am to 3pm, you have plenty of family time. The pay is where it should be depending on your level of education and experience.

ConsYou may not excel into management if you’re not a hard worker and not willing to learn multiple positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work, the way the company is growing only you can hinder your own success.

Great culture and people make Drivetime a great place to work.

Customer Relations (Current Employee)
    Mesa, AZ

ProsThe people are the best part. Everyone is friendly and outgoing from the top managers to the entry level employees. The benefits are very good and go above and beyond what most companies offer. The overall culture is the best I have experienced since I've been working.

ConsHours can be long during busy times of the year. The sub prime market can produce some rough situations once in a while.

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DriveTime Automotive Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DriveTime Automotive Group CEO Ray Fidel. All 158 reviews posted anonymously by DriveTime Automotive Group employees.