DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated January 22, 2015
Updated January 22, 2015
3.6

Ray Fidel

Pros
  • Great work environment with fun and energetic co workers and managers (in 15 reviews)

• I see the reviews about there not being a good work/life balance, and I really disagree (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The biggest con is the work life balance especially as you begin to move into the management role (in 18 reviews)

• Long hours especially during tax season, employees can be over worked sometimes (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Okay

Former Employee - B/E Collections in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - B/E Collections in Mesa, AZ

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice office. Bonus was okay but continued to go down as the months went by. Loved the people I worked with.

Cons

No stability. High turnover. Bonuses continued to go down, horrible bonus structure and always changed for the worse, obviously so the higher ups had more cash in their pockets.

Work on pleasing the employees more. Treat the employees with the same 2.0 attitude you expect them to give the customers!!

General manager

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay, team environment awesome Ceo. Fast paced rewarding career.

Cons

Demanding hours to be successful, very low tolerance for mistakes. I have seen a lot of people lose their job over one bad decision.

Think about other alternatives then firing good employees for making one mistake. Management is faced with numerous decisions everyday on top of ensuring customer service and maintaining operations side of the business. Everyone is bound to make at least one bad decision. The reason most are still there is they haven't been caught yet.

Great company to grow with if your willing to put in the time.

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Offers a base salary, but low commission structure. Must sell at least 13.5 cars to make some decent money. Good management team. Sundays always off. Career opportunities for advancement.

Cons

life and work balance is non-existent. Expect to work anywhere from 50-60 hours a week. If you have a family. This job might not be for you. Vehicles aren't up to standard but put out on the lot to sell anyways. Cross fingers nothing is wrong with the cars when showcasing them to customers. The clientele are as ghetto as they come. A LOT OF COLD CALLING.

Raise the commission structure a lot higher. It use to be $200 for the first few cars and up to $500 when you hit 12 cars. Bring back the rotating Saturdays off. Let the SA's have a driver.

I started my career here right after college and have continued to career path and grow and now have a position I love!

Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Recruiter in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Growing company with tons of room to career path up. Competitive pay and benefits. Great work environment with fun and energetic co workers and managers.

Cons

Certain departments have un desirable hours/ occasional Saturdays that you are required to work to do reachability of customers on those days.

It would be nice if the PTO rolled over or if you had it up until your anniversary with the company each year. The use it or loose it policy makes it difficult.

Great experience - great CEO!

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement is wide open

Cons

Old school peeps set in their old school ways

Nice Atmosphere

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn about auto finance and customer service. We are currently growing in terms of size and the revenue. Now offering auto sales and auto finance opportunities via face-to-face sales, and internet/on-line sales. Progressive!

Cons

Not much room for growth in the areas that I am looking for in the location that I am stationed in. More opportunities in the home office in Arizona.

Bring more professional/corporate positions to the area. Provide employees with vacation time up front instead of requiring accrual of vacation time/paid time off (PTO).

No training no growth

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Montgomery, AL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Learning the basics of sales
    The opportunity to meet types of people and learning how to approach each "customer type"
    Learned a lot about different vehicles
    Learned a lot about the financing side of car sales

Cons

Questionable tactics to get people into cars
    Present certain perks as options but will not allow the customer to decline the optional products
    Office culture was biased
    No employee handbook from corporate
    Employees who are not "manageable" are able to break the rules with little-to no consequence
    No formal training, especially when it came to cold calling. I had to learn on my own.

Focus on developing your employees and holding the entire sales team to the same accord and your employees will not only respect the company's mission but Drivetime will be able to retain their employees much longer.

Application Developer

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere. Lots of perks, company outings, Christmas party etc.

Cons

Pay rate is a little low

Great company

Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice M-F except during tax season, great people to work with

Cons

Good ole boy system is definitely in place with people next up for advancement

Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay and benefits for younger kids who are getting out of college. That is the only people they will hire is newly college graduates because they desperately need money and do not know any better. After they catch on to the company and gain experience the Turn Over Rate is extremely High! Work for Drive Time with extreme caution

Cons

EXTREMELY HIGH Turnover Rate. Working with people that have bad credit. Vehicles are over priced and do not start, work, or run half of the time. No Confidence in management and leadership. Impossible to trust anyone within the company. Always changing pay and commission rates on a yearly basis usually consistently getting lower. You will work in the bad high crime rate part of any city that Drive Time has a dealership in.

Cannot trust any type of management in Drive Time. Worked there for 4 years and it was always the same. You cannot trust anyone there. No loyalty

DriveTime Automotive Group Photos