DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews

Updated March 28, 2015
236 reviews filtered by

Run And Do Not Look Back!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Learning New Skills and Average Pay

Cons

Incompetent HR and Management and Lots of Nepotism and Good Ole Boys Attitudes. If you are liked and Can Kiss you know what will be fine...Go against the grain and your Done!

Start treating employees with respect and like adults. Get rid of the gossiping, Lazy, Bi Polar ,Backstabbing employees and friends you hired or slept with that demoralize the company.

Over promise and under deliver with zero accountability. Disrespectful to their employees and work life balance is bad.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are a in the click and upper management you get to drive an Audi or BMW. You get to use the 5-10K they took from everyone's yearly bonus and spend it on yourself. If you are an regular employee you can quit and never feel remorse.

Cons

Limited training. Outdated technology; terrible computer programs that don't get the job done. Smead, Collector pro, Fusion, Inilex; terrible. Supervisors that rarely take calls and won't support you. Low bonus; literally cut in half. No respect, constantly changing schedule justified by "business needs." They treat you like a child, constant lies and fabricated goals that can't be met unless it's your turn to get a bonus.

Stop misleading lying to your associates. Stop being greedy. Work for your pay. Treat your job with respect, work harder and demand the same of yourself as you do others. Don't treat DT like it's a high school. Be accountable and hold others accountable. Invest in the proper technology instead of using the funds to fix up bathrooms and buy fancy German cars.

3. Great company to work for in reconditioning center.

Current Employee - Recondition Manager
    Current Employee - Recondition Manager

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

The hours are great 6am to 3pm, you have plenty of family time. The pay is where it should be depending on your level of education and experience.

Cons

You may not excel into management if you’re not a hard worker and not willing to learn multiple positions.

Keep up the good work, the way the company is growing only you can hinder your own success.

Drivetime Car Sales has been a great experience thus far.

Current Employee - Operations Advisor
    Current Employee - Operations Advisor

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The relationship that I have with all of my co-workers and sales managers are great and we all help one another out when needed. Everyone takes a role at being the leader which makes our dealership a whole.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working at Drivetime may have to be learning new chanllenges and having to work and fixed them right away when they happen. I work 80 hours a week and sometimes I feel I need to be paid more for the workload that I have.

Advice to Magagement would to follow up with workers to make sure everyone is up to date on work so that no one or work is left behind.

Don't apply here

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are none. There are none

Cons

I was seemed out by the recruiting manager. They don't like people taking vacations or if you have anything planned they won't hire you. You work all day and you can't even leave work when you are supposed to. Basically, I was told that you don't have a life. The majority of your time is spent on the phone and if you don't sell a certain amount of cars each month then you will get canned. All and I mean all of the offices are in the ghetto. DO NOT APPLY HERE. IT IS NOT WORTH IT

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Jun 30, 2014HR

We're sorry to hear you weren't a fit for our company! Our benefits for all new hires begin with at least 11 days of paid vacation time per year, paid holidays and each dealership accommodates our ... More

7. best career ever

Current Employee - Lot Attendant/Detailer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Lot Attendant/Detailer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the hours are fantastic. all of our mangers are well educated patient and good trainers. the workload is distributed in a form that provides employees with a good work day without droning exhaustion.

Cons

the only con i can thinkof is that it took me this long to start working here.

keep up the good work

8. Great culture and people make Drivetime a great place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Relations in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Relations in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best part. Everyone is friendly and outgoing from the top managers to the entry level employees. The benefits are very good and go above and beyond what most companies offer. The overall culture is the best I have experienced since I've been working.

Cons

Hours can be long during busy times of the year. The sub prime market can produce some rough situations once in a while.

Treatment of employees in great, pay is high and they care for customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

DriveTime has been an awesome company to work for. They are the most transparent and honest company that I have worked for and really care for their employees. The culture around the entire company is very positive and people they hire are well selected.

Cons

working in subprime industry can be a litle dishearting sometimes, but they do the best for the customer which justifies it for me.

10. Fun and challenging with lots of twists and turns

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

DriveTime offers a relaxed environment with experienced managers and staff. The training offers new hires the opportunity to learn the system and style of operation at DriveTime before being thrown into sales.

Cons

The biggest challenges come from customers. Not everyone is easy to work with and it can be difficult to meet everyones needs.

The tax-season work-life balance is a bit uneven. The long tax-season hours make it hard to maintain a life outside of work and the days tend to be a bit overwhelming. Normal season hours make a big difference.

New to the team, but I know there is tremendous potential already!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The environment is not overly rigid, pressured, or the extremes or too casual. Great balance of staff and resources for the staff at their locations.

Compensation has a competitive base salary, plus a generous commission plan!

Cons

Training portal is a little cumbersome to find specific courses with no real filters or suggestions. A lot os veteran staff was grandfathered into the company with less requirments than new hires staff have to meet (i.e. bachelorate degree, etc...)

Would love to see more of a transitional point for HR/Recruiters and in-store presentations. Training self-paced may not work for all new employees if they are not necessarily self-motivated or used to this industry. I was under the impression that my position was a management trainee position and this was not the case.

DriveTime Automotive Group Photos