DriveTime Automotive Group Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Sales Advisor

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and incentive for bonuses and commissions.

Cons

Long hours at times, require to where multiple hats

Good Entry Level Sales

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Easy and fair product and service to offer. Excellent benefits. Legitimate niche service designed to benefit all parties. Growth.

Cons

Somewhat confused or conflicting vision in senior management and severely lacking training programs. Blend of modern and old school sales cultures.

Advice to Management

Make updating internal sites a higher priority to present a more professional image to new and existing mployees and develop at least an outline to follow for more consistent and effective on board training.

3. Good entry-level position.

Former Employee - Operations Advisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Operations Advisor in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It is a family-oriented work environment.

Cons

Tax season is very hectic. DriveTime (GA) allows new Georgia residents to purchase a vehicle without a Georgia driver's license. This causes the Operations Advisor job to be quite challenging.

It's a Job

Pros

Advancement for those that kiss butt......very favorable....If you question anything you are considered "negative" No matter how much sense you are making you are never going to advance. This I've learned in less than a year. Pros...It's paying some of the bills until I find something suitable.

Cons

Management is a "click"....they are making all the money and making all the decisions....dare not question anything or, again, you are considered "negative". Also, I understand salaries and commissions are restructured yearly by the "Gods" in upper management. and you can expect to make less for every year you stay: Regardless of company profit increasing.

Advice to Management

Be more open minded to the men and women on the front lines....I.E. the sales advisors that are directly involved with the customers that are paying your salaries....Sometimes, they may just have something helpful to add to your infinite wisdom.

6. was excellent the first 3 years, Then employees became just a number. They no longer cared about them.

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits, Hourly rate, Bonus's

Cons

No longer cared about it's employee's.

Advice to Management

If employees are content and happy, your company will continue to grow.

7. Sales Advisor

Pros

Great opportunity to move up and also move and advance in another state.

Cons

Your schedule is not set many times you will stay after work to help customer

I've stayed too long

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunches. Financial underwriting experience.

Cons

No career growth. To be considered 'career path material' you have to fit the DriveTime image.

Advice to Management

You're making the most money and selling the most cars you have ever before -- pass that along in the form of better commission and pay to your employees.

Internet Sales Advisor. responsible for brining in 70% of business to drivetime, Cold calling.

Current Employee - Isa in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Isa in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Culture, the company has a group of fun people, who make the job what it is. Decent Commission if you can acquire it. Nice Office, cube farm, but feels like a real office... many companies have a weird non work environment which this one does not. Decent hourly compensation.

Cons

Disconnection between the two sales factions. There is a disconnection between the SA's and the ISA's. The fact that we use two different CRMS, and the dealership will openly change files in order to make their job easier hurts the ISA and likewise. Lack of communication between upper management, and inability to change anything. Two Show Rates that benefit each party separately causes a serious divide between the company, and causes both sides to lose money. favoritism, and ethic favoritism. There is a Buddy system that takes place in this company, and some people whom are doing better in every category will be over looked if the upper management sees the one's they like do anything good. Communication between Mangers, and Seniors and Supervisors is hilariously terrible. There is nothing they can do, and they try to micro manage without an ability to know how to do so. No Roll over PTO, and a use it or lose it mentality cause the employees to not only lose it, but not use it. 3 people can be out on holiday months, but these days are set in stone months by previous employees. No Sick days? Doesn't make sense if you are basing everything on a Hourly wage.. This is advertised as a "You take INBOUND CALLS" however it is primarily outbound, and your in bounds are return calls. Old and not very efficient CRM.

Advice to Management

Connect the dealership and the Internet Sales Department. The fact that two CRMS are used, and this causes loss of money and miscommunication is affecting your sales, Management needs a re evaluation, and a new structure. PTO needs evaluation, the management needs a re vitalizing, and the qualifications seems lack luster.

10. Great place to work!!!

Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Advisor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture and work environment are amazing and all of my coworkers make coming to work enjoyable. Lots of opportunity to advance if you are willing to put in the work or relocate to another state.

Cons

The biggest issue I see with the company is the commission structure. As others have said, unless you sell 13.5 + units each month, there isn't a lot of money to be made. It is tough to work 4-5 hours with a customer to only receive a $15 commission for your efforts. Considering the profit margin DriveTime is making on each car, It is hard to not feel slighted. Another big issue is with the quality of the vehicles we have to sell. It is impossible to sell a car when it isn't in working condition. It would benefit everyone in the company if we increased our standards in the vehicles we are selling.

Advice to Management

Pay your sales team market value for the work they put in. The base salary is great, but its hard to live off of it during the slow months of the year. Even by starting the commission payouts at $50 would make a huge difference.

Awesome experience!!

Former Employee - OPERATIONAL ADVICOR in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - OPERATIONAL ADVICOR in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at DriveTime Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the work, the fun environment, the whole team was warm and friendly. The manager was cool and so was everyone. The team spirit was excellent. Loved all the pep talk and appreciation and acknowledgements. They were brand new here in this state, but they picked up pretty well. They already have made a mark.

Cons

No cons, besides I had to leave because of my child care timing issues.

Advice to Management

Keep up the awesome work!!

DriveTime Automotive Group Response

Feb 11, 2015 – HR

Thank you for the great review. Continuous feedback and coaching’s is at our core, to develop all employees and acknowledge their great accomplishments. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

RSS Feed </> Embed