Driveline Retail Merchandising

Updated Mar 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Randy Wilson

Must be able to train and complete work yourself to be successful

Team Leader and Master Merchandiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for more than a year

ProsThe best advantage is being able to make your own hours on most projects (team projects have set start times). You get paid for most completed work within two weeks (paychecks are every other week). Mileage is paid for distance between all jobs worked each day (2013 change). Store managers appreciate your hard work as it helps them improve their store's bottom line. Regular work each week at some stores if you have your own territory.

ConsCommunication is lacking at times between reps and DM. Mileage is paid is 0.25/mile and you lose it if you work over 10 hours in a day. Raises are rare. Pay is per job and often it takes longer than the plan calls for to complete. All work has to be reported on-line with downloaded pictures; there is no extra pay as this is included as part of your per job pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep improving communication and technology. More feedback and training opportunities for new reps. Reduce time needed to input data on-line by combining similar store jobs when possible. Improve smartphone picture and reporting capability.

Detail oriented

PT Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for more than 5 years

Prosworking a schedule that works best for you, sometimes you work with a co-worker on big assignments

Consa lot of work and little pay, stores wanted more to be done by you that you was not in the assignment, sometimes delay in pay. did not pay for you gas to go to all the different stores.

Advice to Senior Managementmore hands on with training

So far, so good!!

Master Merchandiser (Current Employee)

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising full-time for less than a year

ProsAbility to set your own schedule (for the most part). Love work in a different location everyday.

ConsDo not always pay for adjusted travel time or mileage. Does not pay for admin time at the end of the day

Advice to Senior ManagementShould pay for at least 10 minutes admin time per assignment. That would help cover the cost of paper and ink for printing assignment detail (Must Prints). Allow reps to adjust travel time and mileage due to weather or road conditions (construction).

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Flexible

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time

ProsFlexibility to schedule jobs, variety, great people to work with.

ConsEveryone has been great. I cant think of any cons.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Not Worth Your Time!

Master Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Brentwood, CA

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for less than a year

ProsNot a Single Pro !!

ConsDriveline Retail Merchandising is NOT a company you want to work for!! They DO NOT PAY for Administration time, mileage, drive time, bridge tolls, phone calls, faxing, printing, copying and ink cartridge costs! They DO NOT PAY for time you spend scheduling your work, finding and printing directions to your stores, time you spend online entering your data, or anything else they can take you for. So, basically, you're working for 'peanuts' and they continue to try and get more and more out of you, because they know they won't be paying you for anything 'extra' they may ask of you, or that you need to take care of. There is NO negotiation regarding your hourly wage. I was told, "Either you accept the wage offered, or, tell me now, and I'll just move on to the next candidate! They want you to literally work for free whether or not they ask you to do something more. If you try going the "extra mile" for any reason, it will NOT be acknowledged. Th...ey have no loyalty to their employees whatsoever. YOU ARE EXPENDIBLE!! Every single project you "accept" to work, there is a HUGE PAGE of DISCLAIMERS that you MUST ACCEPT or you can't do the work. Their online system for scheduling and entering data is completely antiquated! My ex-manager called me on the weekends and after 5:00 p.m. during the week. This was a PART-TIME JOB only! There are NO BENEFITS or PERKS of any kind working for this company. They even had the "balls" to terminate me in my second week, because they said, I "violated policies and/or procedures" which is a BOLD FACE LIE! I'm much to aggressive and confident a person for this dive company to handle because I DO have a brain... and I USE IT! They would rather you sweep it under the rug and move on. You'd better not have any CONFIDENCE in yourself or you, too, will end up terminated for some 'bogus' reason, as I was. They tell you before you're hired that you need a camera because there may be a client or two who will ask for pictures. That's A HUGE LIE too!! IT IS MANDATORY FOR YOU TO TAKE A PICTURE (OR 2) at EVERY SINGLE project location you work or you won't get paid! PICTURES ARE MANDATORY! The pictures are for Driveline so they can be sure you actually worked the project. They lied to me, before offering me the job, so they could "reel me in" and I would accept their 'measly' offer. Once 'on board,' I found out lots of the things they told me were lies and manipulation. Sooooo... if you like being 'controlled,' 'manipulated,' and 'lied to,' you're perfect for this low-life company! I was paying more "out-of-pocket" on a daily basis to work for this company, than I was being paid. What a SHAM!!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are working for Driveline, you must not have a moral bone in your body! Sham on you! This company raises more RED FLAGS in the first 10 minutes than any company I've worked with! Hard to believe Driveline is still in business. I guess everybody needs something in their lives... but this is hardly it. Quit!

my time as a merchandiser

Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Kansas City, KS

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPros are you get to work freely and independently and are not confined to a desk all day.

ConsCons are no reimbursement for the money you shell out in gas, mileage, printer ink, printer paper, tape, tools, supplies, etc. that are needed per each specific job. You hardly come out on top on payday with the way the rules are.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved, visit the stores, help if needed.

Good Job

General Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Marks, MS

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for more than a year

Prosfreedom to make your own hours, easy and fun

Conshave to occasionally drive long distances

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Started out great, then went to "HELL".

Master Merchandiser (Former Employee)

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time for more than a year

Pros~Year round work which other companies do not offer.

Cons~ They had to fire me because they did not have medical leave.
~ Pay is not the best.
~ They have change the way they do things and expect you to work pretty much for free when the company is making money.
~ They assign you projects and you print out the work order and by the time you get home the project is gone.

Advice to Senior Management~ Need more localized supervisors.
~ Need more incentives.
~ Better pay would mean better workers.
~ Better planning.

Not a very friendly group.

PT Merchandiser (Former Employee)
Wauseon, OH

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising full-time

ProsNice store personal, and polite

Consno help from supervisor for no knowledge about retail.

Advice to Senior Managementcheck out your staff so they know retail sales.

There are better merchandising jobs out there

ProsThe company allows for a pretty flexible schedule and you can pretty much work at your pace, for the most part.

ConsPoor pay, lack of communication, lack of training, company does not care about employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay for reps would go a long way in acquiring/keeping better employees.

Worked for Driveline Retail Merchandising? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Driveline Retail Merchandising reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Driveline Retail Merchandising CEO Randy Wilson. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by Driveline Retail Merchandising employees.