Driveline Retail Merchandising

Updated November 26, 2014
Updated November 26, 2014
2.5

Randy Wilson

Pros
  • It allows for a flexible schedule most of the time (in 12 reviews)

• No pros since to get paid you to have email payroll, no phone number (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • low pay, no training, no communication from manager, low mileage pay, some weeks you have no jobs (in 8 reviews)

• They will tell you they pay mileage and drive time - don't believe them (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Have enjoyed it but I need more hours

Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - PT Merchandiser in Austin, TX

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I live the freedom of working here.

Cons

I need more hours, more training, more money, would live to do lead position

to give more advice on what is going on and not let me hanging. I need to work.

master merchandising

Current Employee - PT Merchandiser
    Current Employee - PT Merchandiser

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

hours r great an you can make your own schedule

Cons

don't give raises an hire anybody

tell you that there no were to go up in the company an when there is a position open they give it to there friends that don't know much

Good beginner when entering merchandising service industry firms, but keep looking in the long run its not permanent.

Current Employee - Master Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Master Merchandiser in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hrs, not much micro managing. Though you will have to show work to store location mgrs. for approval signature. Some are a pain and keep your records for at least a year. They will go back that far and say you didn't do what you were suppose to.

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, no mileage pay that covers what you actually drive and matches the ever changing gas prices. Hours are often low too low its not worth your driving. Never got a raise but did receive an evaluation that was never discussed. Mgmnt is no help with your territory str mgrs. They have to tell them they don't want you back for you to stop going. Lot of work during busy season and not enough time. You get penalized when late and can eventually lose your stores. Pay is a little better than some in retail but not enough for the work you do in territories.

Protect your employees when they visit your store locations in there territory. Pay drive time and gas mileage. What you pay now don't begin to cover. Pay better and give raises.

It was a job.

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, fairly light workload

Cons

Low pay/not many hours
    No support from supervisor if you have an issue with a manager at one of your stores

I love my job BUT,

Current Employee - Master Merchandiser in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Master Merchandiser in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the flexible schedule, being able to work on my own most of the time, and the kind of work we do.

Cons

Pay isn't bad but, not that good either, I drive a lot and that isn't covered, and if you print everything your supposed to then you go thru a lo of ink and paper which isn't covered. Some weeks we're so slow that I feel like it cost me more to work there then what I get paid. I take my work very serious and I always try to make sure it's done the way I would want if it was my store but, sometimes that's hard to do if you get a new store and the people that had it before you didn't do their job but, claimed they did.

Mileage would really be helpful, additional time for printing work and putting jobs in, giving time for people when they get a new store so they can go in and see what all needs to still be done there. I go thru a lot of ink and paper so something for that would be very appreciated to.

Great pay and great work, but temporary

Former Employee - PT Merchandiser in Poteau, OK
    Former Employee - PT Merchandiser in Poteau, OK

I worked at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good pay, especially for my area. I had a great supervisor, and the whole hiring process was easy, with plenty of communication.

Cons

Driveline has many different teams from what I gathered, and some are more localized, and long term. The team I worked for, however, was a Walmart Remodel team, and unless I was willing to travel with them across the country from walmart to walmart, it was a temporary position while they were in my area. However, due to, I guess disorganization higher up the chain of command, they laid a good portion of us off before the project was even complete, cutting over a month off of what I had signed up for. Also while on this team, shifts would go 2, sometimes even 4 hours over scheduled time. I literally had no life other than sleep and work.

Something needs to be done to improve the way you reach out to Employees. I was laid off from one part of your company over a year ago, and in that time, I've been contacted by several different agencies, (such as NARMS/World Alliance) that you are looking for employees in my area for different parts of the company. Why not send those opening out to past/current/laid off employees first?

It's not worth the trouble

Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Part Time Merchandiser

Pros

Most jobs are flexible

Cons

No communication, poor instructions, low mileage pay, manager who won't answer her phone, giving jobs to those that are always late even though you often get a weeks worth of theirs you have to complete in one day. Once I worked about a 14 day because of this and never got so much as a thank you. The guy I ended up helping is still getting 3 times the amount of offers that I am.

Stop hiring everyone that applies. Stop paying ppl to drive 50 miles to a store that in another employees home town!

Poor Pay/Poor management

Current Employee - Master Merchandiser
    Current Employee - Master Merchandiser

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. (most of the time)

Cons

Poor pay! New employees get a higher rate of pay then someone that has worked for the company for years. Poor training. New employees are giving their projects with out any training. Seasoned reps then have to clean up the mistakes. Poor management. I have come to find out the some of the managers will lie and cheat to get good totals. Driveline will hire just about anyone!

Be honest!!!!

If you need money pass on this company

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Pros

most of the time your schedule is flexible although not always

Cons

low pay, no training, no communication from manager, low mileage pay, some weeks you have no jobs. They give jobs to ppl who have been with company longer and often those are the same ppl doing jobs late every single week!

On the job training with a team job or a regular team leader. Watching videos online doesn't teach you how to do the job properly

Hires anyone

I have been working at Driveline Retail Merchandising part-time

Pros

Job is easy. Flexible schedule. Working without someone hanging on your shoulder. Can get stuff done quickly if you know what you are doing.

Cons

no training at all. no room for advancement, cleaning up after people that cannot do the job. And no overtime at all. Even if you go over on a project. There is no way to maying aure that every one is doing what they should. Its using the honor system.