Driven Marketing Solutions
www.dmspitt.com Pittsburgh, PA 6 to 15 Employees

Driven Marketing Solutions Reviews

Driven Marketing Solutions – Pittsburgh – “The Management Team”

Not yet rated.

Lizzie Kirbo

Hands Down the Most Personable Company

Corporate Sales Trainer (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsEveryone is so family oriented and friendly, and truly cares about everyone else's success in and outside of the office. It's been very refreshing to be a part of such an amazing team!

ConsThis job is NOT for someone who just wants to come to work and collect a paycheck. You need to work your butt off for recognition and rewards... COMPLETELY worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementThrow out more contests and maybe some little prizes along with them every so often! I love when we have challenges and contests!

100% commission, hardly make money, you pay for everything

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsWorked with really cool people who are around the same age. Early to Mid 20's

Cons100% commission. You'll be working over 40-50 hrs per week and never know what your pay check will be. You go door to door seeing roughly 50 some business a day. If you don't make a sale you don't get paid. If you are made to go out in the field with someone you have to split all the sales. You're given weekly responsibilities as well as interview and train other but you aren't getting paid for it. You'll be frowned upon if you do not part take in teams nights that come out of you pocket. Not to mention you'll be paying for all your gas expenses as well. Instead of being reimbursed you have to some how claim them on your taxes. Good luck with that.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're high turnover rate will continue to increase as well as your bad reviews if the failures in the pay structure don't change. You can't expect kids who are right out of college to stick around when their loan payments are greater than the worth of this company.

Everything I could want and more!!

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTeam Environment is great. Young, fun and willing to strive for success! People actually hang out after work!? Crazy right! Managers are very down to earth and willing to help in anyway. Not a job but a career..

ConsYou have to work hard here to move up, but it's well worth it!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep things as fun as they are!!!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Real-world experience which is fast paced and fun at the same time!

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsDriven has a positive environment with sharp and talented individuals. Everyone here is self-motivated, due to which we are not micro managed (love it 100%). The upper mobility in the company is pretty cool, for eg, I have been in the company for couple of months and I am already interviewing and training, due to which I never worry about coming to work for the same thing. Hence, I wake up excited to come into work and also for the main reason that the coworkers that I work with are also my great friends outside of work. Love team nights, which is going for dinner and couple of drinks right after work on thursdays, it def adds a great spice to personal and professional relationship with my co-workers. Since, I have been with the company I have gotten a chance to travel to NYC, NJ, Philly, MD, Atlanta and Boston (Fyi! not mandatory).... I make my own paycheck, meaning I am a go getter so I am def satisfied with the amount of money I have made since I started. In a nutshell, things that motivate me such as environment, opportunity and money are in check. So, i absolutely encourage, young, self-motivated individuals to check it out.

ConsGas/Mileage on the car, but that is reimbursed through taxes at the end of the year! so not too worried.

Advice to Senior ManagementLets plan some more business trips! (Ohio??)

Awesome Experience

Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

ProsI had an internship marketing for Quill through Driven Marketing Solutions. I wanted to write a note thanking everyone who helped me along my three month summer journey, as well as explain the opportunity to anyone else looking for a marketing internship/job.

We call this job a “people builder.” Using a simple and effective system, people with no experience with marketing become experts. While I was taught direct marketing and sales techniques, I also learned much more valuable lessons: work ethic, determination, confidence, and team building. Much of what I got out of this internship are things that can’t be learned in a classroom, which is why I strongly recommend this position to anyone looking for experience.

The lessons I learned here are not just for business majors (I am a Psychology major) but for anyone looking to grow professionally. I was treated exactly the same as a full-time employee and given all the opportunities of my colleagues. Not to mention I had a blast doing so! Some of my coworkers have become very close friends of mine, and I intend on keeping in touch with them even though my internship is over.

I want to thank Lizzie Kirbo for hiring me and the whole Driven Marketing Solutions team for putting unlimited energy into teaching and helping me-there was no moment I felt unsupported. I also want to thank all the Leaders who trained me-you all made this job fun.

Thank you!

ConsThere was not much that I didn't like about working at Driven Marketing Solutions. I didn't mind using my own car for my daily activities-you claim your mileage or your gas receipts and any expenses when you file your taxes.

you pay to work there

Account Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

Prosco workers are awesome. you get to know one another on a personal level

Consyou pay out of pocket for your gas mileage. your bonuses depend on the entire office's retention, so even if you work hard to keep up your own retention and meet your weekly bonuses, you are not guaranteed to receive them. the out of town business trips are completely out of pocket and not only do you share a room with coworkers, but you also share a BED. oh and your work week will be anywhere from 55-60 hours a week.

Advice to Senior Managementthe management is not to blame. its the people farther up the ladder.....

Much different from most other work environments. In a good way.

Pros-Real career opportunity for competitive, focused, and motivated individuals.
    -Great team-oriented and friendly atmosphere.
    -Selfless management whose overall goals are well known to their employees.

ConsIF someone is willing to work at improving themselves and stepping out of their comfort zones on a regular basis, they will see success at DMS. While this job may not be for everybody, what job really is?

Very deceiving, hard work for little income

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEveryone in the office likes to go out and drink a couple nights a week and environment is upbeat in the mornings, that's about it.

ConsThey won't tell you this in the interview, but you will pay for EVERYTHING, gas, eating fast food 5x a week, and it's full commission. There are days where you will work and make no money ($0), then be expected to spend money you don't have to "invest" in your people. Working 60 hrs a week to make an average of $300/ wk is not acceptable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with a little more respect for their hard work, don't play favorites, and don't just treat them as a number

Worked for Driven Marketing Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Driven Marketing Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Driven Marketing Solutions CEO Lizzie Kirbo. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Driven Marketing Solutions employees.