Dropbox Reviews

127 reviews filtered by
4.9
Dropbox Founder & CEO Drew Houston
Drew Houston

Pros
  • I was a little wary before I interviewed, concerned that it might be just another hot tech company with inflated egos and over-the-top perks (in 8 reviews)

• Smart people, driven to a common mission to make Dropbox great (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Disclaimer: Dropbox is NOT a place that does not support work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

• 250 - of course there are going to be some growing pains (in 9 reviews)

1. Account Executive

I have been working at Dropbox

Pros

Great culture where you learn quickly

Cons

Hard work, growing pains of scaling a business

2. Amazing place where you learn every day, collaborate with incredible people, and feel like you're part of the mission.

I have been working at Dropbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is moving in a great direction, has very competent leadership, and is full of incredibly talented people. Also it has amazing food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and is very conveniently located in the city.

Cons

Everyone is moving very fast around you on many projects and at times it feels a bit hard to keep up.

3. Great company, smart people, amazing perks

I have been working at Dropbox

Pros

Great company, people are very smart and driven. Everyone is very friendly and ready to help.

Cons

Very few cons, you have to work hard

Great perks and people

I worked at Dropbox

Pros

There are no better perks
    The people are fantastic
    Fun office

Cons

Insane work load and expectations
    Lack of company vision leads to mass confusion in every way
    Feels like company is slowly but continuously coming off a high point with no way or understanding of how to get back there

Advice to Management

Vision matters in terms of motivation and product execution
    Need to better recognize key players

6. Move fast, learn a lot, work with great people. But work a lot.

I have been working at Dropbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with really sharp engineers is great. I don't have to worry about other people following through. I can trust that feedback is thoughtful & on point. Fantastic perks, great company values that people seem to take to heart.

Cons

It can be intimidating to start. The interview process is hard & we hold ourselves to a high standard. I had some imposter syndrome at the outset.

7. Work alongside happy, motivated self-starters.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dropbox

Pros

- Freedom & autonomy in your role starting day 1
    - Personality of brand, office culture, leadership and employees is unbeatable - humble, passionate, driven people
    - Perks are evidence of management's unwavering focus on the happiness of employees

Cons

- Fast-paced company trajectory inevitably causes some cross-functional disconnect
    - Ambiguity of internal career growth

8. Best company to work for!

I have been working at Dropbox full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a very employee-friendly culture: a lot of time they go out of their way to make sure employees are happy & productive. A few times they even go too far, making me as an employee feel that they are spending too much money / time on small employee perks.

You can easily see the results of Dropbox having a very high hiring bar - everybody here is ridiculously smart :)

Cons

Some growing pains are expected, given the company's trajectory and current size. I doubt they could have done it better.

Biggest con: everybody is smart but sometimes part of the work doesn't require you to be smart, just meticulous. It's sometimes tricky to balance that out (Google had the same problem back in the day).

Fast-paced,

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Dropbox

Pros

Working with and learning from a generally motivated, smart, and humble team.
    Perks, especially the food, the gym, and the exceptionally beautiful offices (forgiving the blue books and water bottles).
    Working on a widely used product that has managed to (so far) serve both consumers and businesses.

Cons

Nothing too unexpected here. There are times when teams I've been a part of push hard to hit a deadline, and there are the occasional bad apples, but overall not much to take issue with. Decision making can feel limited to a pretty small set of folks at times, but this has already started to improve.

Advice to Management

As long as Dropbox can continue to attract great people by being a desirable place to work, I think it has the potential to be a great place to work for years to come.

10. A great company with growing pains.

I have been working at Dropbox

Pros

Chance to impact millions of users. Working with literally some of the smartest people in the world. Everyone wants to win.

Cons

Everyone wants to win; sometimes your colleagues confuse that with winning against each other as opposed to other companies. Internal recognition, promotion, resource allocation are ad-hoc and weak.

Advice to Management

You've built a great product but building a great company means getting the boring things, like performance reviews and incentives, right.

11. The sky is the limit and you'll have a lot of fun along the way!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dropbox full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to work with the absolute best people - period. They're down to Earth, incredibly smart, fun loving, and go the extra mile to produce quality work for our customers. We have a lot of opportunity in front of us and we're still in the building phase of the company so there is a lot to do and learn professionally and personally. From a sales perspective the team is still really small so we're a close group and constantly learning from eachother and we plan to keep that culture even as we continue to aggressively grow.

Cons

Growing a little too quickly so things are constantly changing and communication takes some effort, but that's understandable and the growth is also what makes it so fun and exciting so I wouldn't have it any other way right now.

Advice to Management

Work life balance is challenging because we're all really enjoying what we're doing and the challenges we're overcoming so it's hard to turn it off, but can stand to improve at all levels of the company.