Drucker & Falk

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015
2.7

Wendy C. Drucker

working experience at Drucker&Falk real esate

I have been working at Drucker & Falk

Pros

nice working environment, friendly coworkers

Cons

file misplaced,do not have enough staff in the local office, salary pay is not relevant with the job duty

please be more conscious about the missing files

Headed in the wrong direction

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Drucker & Falk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Amazing residents, decent work life balance

Cons

The bottom line is that if you aren't blonde/brunette or the "token", you won't move up in the company. They would rather hire a person off the street with little to no experience because they have the "look" (I mean, because the client wants them) verses the employees who have the educational backing and experience within. The prejudice in the Fayetteville region is a few EEO suits waiting to happen. An example: my manager sat me down to tell me how she disagrees with whites dating blacks... awkward and she had the wrong audience for sure. When I requested a private meeting with my regional, she refused and brushed away my concerns. From 2012 to 2014, they lost approximately 5/9 properties in Fayetteville, so that tells you where the company is headed. Also when they lose properties, you'll basically be laid off if the new company doesn't pick you up and if Drucker won't "find" a spot for you" (that's if they don't successfully convince you to submit notice to leave.... ha!). Crime in Fayetteville has gotten bad, but this company could care less to come up with timely solutions to help keep the neighborhoods safes... simple ones like investing in a guard.... but they will sure want you to renew your lease when it's up.

Look within and figure out what your values are/should be in 2015. Take time to invest training into everyone, not just your hand selected managers. Bridge the "discriminatory gap" between who the client wants to run their property and who the company knows is best suited to run the company. Mandate the mystery shops for everyone and those individuals who are not scoring even in the 80th percentile certainly shouldn't be moving up let alone managing. Ensure that all of your managers complete the fair housing training and abide by it because there were many violations taking place during my time. Look at your losses and decide whether the regionals are putting their all into your properties. Losing 5 properties and seeing numerous employees laid off surely isn't a good outlook to someone wanting to make a career with your company, I imagine that it can't be what's best for business. Revamp Drucker and Falk because it has potential, you just need compassionate and caring individuals regardless of appearance.

So Far...So Good!! Seems like a very solid and stable company.

I have been working at Drucker & Falk

Pros

Decent salary and bonus structure, sends corporate rep to train you on site, very organized, company believes in work/life balance.

Cons

This company is great so far so I have none.

Continue to have corporate train onsite staff...this was very helpful! Company is very structured and organized which is always a good thing in my opinion. This company will make sure that you feel comfortable and confident in your position and that is certainly appreciated.

Promotes on Likeness Rather Than Qualifications

Current Employee - Property Manager in Fayetteville, NC
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at Drucker & Falk full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work to life balance was reasonable. Better than not having a job at all. The name carries weight in the property management industry - for now.

Cons

Poor management on the regional level. Uses employees as pawns. Promotions were hand picked based on likeness. Compensations/bonuses were retracted offers. Borderline prejudice and bias in their staff management. No employee training.

The company should revisit their values and actually implement a concrete training program. This would prevent possible legal issues between employees and management on many levels.

Extremely lacking oversight

I have been working at Drucker & Falk full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation is fair and the site staff are great to work with.

Cons

There is absolutely no training offered with this company. Upper management is scarce, there is no oversight. Overall, extremely disorganized and very old fashioned company that in the long run gets nothing done. This causes a very frustrating work environment. Additionally, it is incredibly difficult to find a work-life balance due to under staffing and budget cutting.

Become more involved with your communities. Develop training for your employees, as well as a bonus program.

Whirlwind, upper management terrible.

I worked at Drucker & Falk

Pros

Enjoyed co-workers and residents. Local Marketing employee worked diligently and was a great asset to the company.

Cons

No support for out of town market. Company seems to have a huge valley between home office support and people actually in the field making money for them. Also, living in the dark ages as far as technology and day to day activities.

Unsatisfied with the lack of compassion for employees, but loved leasing!

Former Employee - Leasing in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Leasing in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Drucker & Falk part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay rates are fair.
    D&F is a stable company that offers employment in many areas of the local and surrounding areas.

Cons

I used to feel that D&F was a family oriented organization, but as the way of all big companies, this has changed dramatically. I watched many an individual leave in a short period of time due to being overworked, overstressed and underappreciated.

Take into consideration your dedicated office staff. These folks run your organization. If you made people feel valued, you may find more employees stick around.

The perfect company for those comfortable with change in a controlled setting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Drucker & Falk

Pros

Wonderful co-workers, community staff, well cared for communities and a family atmosphere.

Cons

They spend too much time letting the indians call the shots and not enough time letting the chiefs call the shots.

Trust your upper management executives to make effective change and let go of the reins.

sad but true

Former Employee - Property Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Drucker & Falk

Pros

This is a good company until you find out whats going on behind the scene

Cons

Your work is not what matteres it is who you know

Look at the employees work performance and not by who they know to promote

Mom and Pop organization with NO leadership and ZERO foresight!

I worked at Drucker & Falk

Pros

Low expectations and lower salaries

Cons

Mom and Pop organization with NO leadership and ZERO foresight into what multi-family property management is really about. They are more concerned with surface appeal rather than actual results.

Sale or merge