Druva
www.druva.com Sunnyvale, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Druva Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014

Jaspreet Singh

This is what you are looking for in an on-fire startup

Sunnyvale, CA

ProsA+ product. Customers are very happy and the development team does a terrific job. Fast paced environment where people are enabled to make quick decisions. Strong players and strong coaches. Folks with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive

ConsCompany is growing quickly and working to put processes in place that correlate with the increase in employees and customers. Some of the old processes have broken as the company has scaled.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue your open communication to employees. Continue to enable and empower your people. Keep up the great work.

Fast paced, challenging, and rewarding.

(Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsTransparent culture; everyone is accessible; collaborative environment; fun; fast paced. You're working with smart, ambitious people. Free snacks, daily catered lunch, free parking, volunteer opportunities. Ability to create and own projects. Creativity and problem-solving is always encouraged. I've grown so much in my time here. Totally worth the commute.

ConsExpected growing pains of a start up--A lot to do and with limited resources. Sometimes the environment could be distracting (comes with the territory of an open work space), but if you're agile, smart, and have a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-your-hands-dirty approach, you'll be fine.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat product and ambitious vision for the company. Continue your efforts to grow your people as the company grows. It's certainly appreciated and makes a difference to us!

Great, Lots to things to Learn

ProsI was surprised to see 25+ reviews for company of this size, and a lot of them negative. I think the company hired wrong initially, and glassdoor became a dumping ground of all the criticism. The reviews on glassdoor are divided between people who left and those who love the company and are trying to bump up the rating.

Good product and interesting space makes your work interesting. Fairly flexible management, and good feedback at all levels.

Overall the company will have a great exit in next 1-2 years, so lots of things to learn and part of a wining team.

ConsWork could be intense sometimes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open house sessions. An employee on-boarding team or person.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inexperienced Management and Illegal to take vacation....

ProsGreat product. Thriving space. Great investment team and capital. Some very good, bright people.

ConsVery inexperienced C-level team. Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing OFTEN in this company. Vacation does not mean vacation with this company...you are expected to take calls and be available even when using PTO time and with family thousands of miles away. Ridiculous. Huge lack of communication between various areas of company.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people take a real vacation...where they can actually enjoy it with their family uninterrupted. Set realistic goals. Be consistent about your message. Learn that product does not make a company successful....PEOPLE do.

Everything you could look for in a startup

ProsIt has a great startup atmosphere with all the perks. They are professional but also flexible in providing the resources needed for growth in your career.

ConsBesides gaining weight from eating too many snacks and enjoying happy hour weekly, my only complaint is that it's located in Sunnyvale and I am a city person.

Advice to Senior ManagementLooks like we have a great product and I would love to see this thing being taken to the next level.

Great experience and friendly environment.

lower level (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsFree lunch and snacks. Short work days every Friday. Team work instead of top-down orders. Flexible hours. No micro-managing. A lot of freedom to try new things and figure things out on your own. No one gets angry with you when you make a mistake. No time card!

ConsAlthough I worked hard and fulfilled my goals last quarter I did not receive 100% of my bonus, and considering my salary is lower than average I was really counting on that helping with my finances. So, it's a really good thing they feed me!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't expect everyone to be an innovative, leading, Steve Jobs type of person; he needed people to follow him in order to be successful.

Great Product, Good Growth and Outlook, Intense culture

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGreat product, haven't seen like this in my career. It sells for itself
    Only thing better than product is the support. Those guys in India are awesome
    Growth growth and outlook. 110% quota in 2013
    Innovation and great team

ConsLong distance with India, distributed team
    A lot of tribal knowledge, and no central training function

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep turnover low, better communication with new joiners

Great company to work for

ProsLots of opportunities to learn, both within your area of expertise as well as outside. There is a lot to do and build. While it is challenging at times to start from scratch it makes it so much more fulfilling
    Good culture, continuous and open communication
    Great work/life balance- you can work pretty much form anyplace and at any time as long you get your work done
    Awesome team to work with- people are friendly and easy to work with
    Overall a great place to work

ConsThe time difference between locations sometimes makes it difficult to manage the projects

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Technology leadership and growing market size

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGood space, and getting a lot of buyer interest.

Technology is robust and management has a good vision.

Product is a market leader and replacing a lot of HP and Symantec. Its a good time to sell, and make some money :)

ConsService delivery could improve.
    Sometimes communication with engineers in India could have challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementRamp up on-site services, and customer engagement model.

Terrible company to work for. Awful environment.

(Former Employee)

ProsOnly pros to the job and company are the small handful of good people still there. There are no other pros to working at this company.

ConsTerrible management, abusive behavior, management constantly undermines its people, constant HR violations, and inexperienced management. People are made to feel guilty for taking the day off or leaving your desk to have lunch outside the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet more experienced, tactful and creative management run the company.

Worked for Druva? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Druva reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Druva CEO Jaspreet Singh. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Druva employees.