Druva Reviews

Updated August 22, 2014
Updated August 22, 2014
3.8

Jaspreet Singh

Fast paced, challenging, and rewarding.

I have been working at Druva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Transparent culture; everyone is accessible; collaborative environment; fun; fast paced. You're working with smart, ambitious people. Free snacks, daily catered lunch, free parking, volunteer opportunities. Ability to create and own projects. Creativity and problem-solving is always encouraged. I've grown so much in my time here. Totally worth the commute.

Cons

Expected growing pains of a start up--A lot to do and with limited resources. Sometimes the environment could be distracting (comes with the territory of an open work space), but if you're agile, smart, and have a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-your-hands-dirty approach, you'll be fine.

Great product and ambitious vision for the company. Continue your efforts to grow your people as the company grows. It's certainly appreciated and makes a difference to us!

Culture lacking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Druva full-time

Pros

Perks are FRee lunch delivered everyday from the eatclub and sometimes there are friday afternoon happy hour. Beer in fridge. there are also some nice people and the office is in good location for the cal train.

Cons

very high turnover. Office culture is negative. Lacking positive advice or praise coming from the leadership to employees. Very poor communication from leadership to employees like what is the direction and reason for so many changes? . Lack of experience in leaders make them so paranoid, always questioning employees, and if you don't like it they say you can just leave today. So be cautions. So many have resigned.

Appreciate employees more, otherwise they will keep quitting. Trust employees and point out their good not only just their weekness.

This is what you are looking for in an on-fire startup

I have been working at Druva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

A+ product. Customers are very happy and the development team does a terrific job. Fast paced environment where people are enabled to make quick decisions. Strong players and strong coaches. Folks with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive

Cons

Company is growing quickly and working to put processes in place that correlate with the increase in employees and customers. Some of the old processes have broken as the company has scaled.

Continue your open communication to employees. Continue to enable and empower your people. Keep up the great work.

Great, Lots to things to Learn

I have been working at Druva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was surprised to see 25+ reviews for company of this size, and a lot of them negative. I think the company hired wrong initially, and glassdoor became a dumping ground of all the criticism. The reviews on glassdoor are divided between people who left and those who love the company and are trying to bump up the rating.

Good product and interesting space makes your work interesting. Fairly flexible management, and good feedback at all levels.

Overall the company will have a great exit in next 1-2 years, so lots of things to learn and part of a wining team.

Cons

Work could be intense sometimes.

More open house sessions. An employee on-boarding team or person.

Everything you could look for in a startup

I have been working at Druva full-time

Pros

It has a great startup atmosphere with all the perks. They are professional but also flexible in providing the resources needed for growth in your career.

Cons

Besides gaining weight from eating too many snacks and enjoying happy hour weekly, my only complaint is that it's located in Sunnyvale and I am a city person.

Looks like we have a great product and I would love to see this thing being taken to the next level.

Great experience and friendly environment.

Current Employee - lower level in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - lower level in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Druva full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and snacks. Short work days every Friday. Team work instead of top-down orders. Flexible hours. No micro-managing. A lot of freedom to try new things and figure things out on your own. No one gets angry with you when you make a mistake. No time card!

Cons

Although I worked hard and fulfilled my goals last quarter I did not receive 100% of my bonus, and considering my salary is lower than average I was really counting on that helping with my finances. So, it's a really good thing they feed me!

Don't expect everyone to be an innovative, leading, Steve Jobs type of person; he needed people to follow him in order to be successful.

Inexperienced Management and Illegal to take vacation....

I have been working at Druva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great product. Thriving space. Great investment team and capital. Some very good, bright people.

Cons

Very inexperienced C-level team. Right hand doesn't know what left hand is doing OFTEN in this company. Vacation does not mean vacation with this company...you are expected to take calls and be available even when using PTO time and with family thousands of miles away. Ridiculous. Huge lack of communication between various areas of company.

Let people take a real vacation...where they can actually enjoy it with their family uninterrupted. Set realistic goals. Be consistent about your message. Learn that product does not make a company successful....PEOPLE do.

Great Product, Good Growth and Outlook, Intense culture

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Druva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great product, haven't seen like this in my career. It sells for itself
    Only thing better than product is the support. Those guys in India are awesome
    Growth growth and outlook. 110% quota in 2013
    Innovation and great team

Cons

Long distance with India, distributed team
    A lot of tribal knowledge, and no central training function

Keep turnover low, better communication with new joiners

Great company to work for

I have been working at Druva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to learn, both within your area of expertise as well as outside. There is a lot to do and build. While it is challenging at times to start from scratch it makes it so much more fulfilling
    Good culture, continuous and open communication
    Great work/life balance- you can work pretty much form anyplace and at any time as long you get your work done
    Awesome team to work with- people are friendly and easy to work with
    Overall a great place to work

Cons

The time difference between locations sometimes makes it difficult to manage the projects

Keep up the good work

Technology leadership and growing market size

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Druva full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good space, and getting a lot of buyer interest.

Technology is robust and management has a good vision.

Product is a market leader and replacing a lot of HP and Symantec. Its a good time to sell, and make some money :)

Cons

Service delivery could improve.
    Sometimes communication with engineers in India could have challenges.

Ramp up on-site services, and customer engagement model.