Druva Reviews

3.7
Jaspreet Singh

1. Evolving, better and better everyday -

I have been working at Druva full-time

Pros

The company has moved to the next level, not only in rev and product, but the people as well. Some legacy employees were no longer fit for their position and in comes fresh faces eager to make an impact on an already solid product. Great list of customers along with employee perks makes this an ideal job as the organization made significant strides in bringing in transparency into and across the organization. FUN place to work as the culture has improved tremendously over the past year as I've enjoyed working here and seen similar cultures in companies such as Twitter, GoPro and Box.

Cons

Druva is growing at a fast pace and that will take time for the people to ramp up the technology. There also needs to be better collaboration with the Pune office.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on focusing on employees, it has driven engagement and happiness through the roof!

Culture changing

Current Employee - California in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - California in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

Most co-workers are friendly and helpful and open. The free lunch is a great way to stop and collaborate. People pitch in and work well on projects.

Cons

Culture is changing. More politics and top-down. Less respect. Some fear-based management and finger-pointing.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees - they give a lot and are less valued. Continue to collaborate on ideas - you need them as you grow and scale.

Inexperienced CEO and boiler room mentality...

Pros

Great product. Some great people. Emerging space. Great investment team. This company will be successful, ultimately, DESPITE the Management, because it has a great product.

Cons

Inexperienced, lack of value CEO. Negative, scare-tactics culture. Forget about taking vacation...you may as well drop the $5K in cash on the vacation and tell your family to go have fun because you will be strapped to a phone and computer for the duration. No acknowledgement and recognition to loyal employees who have invested years in the company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of CEO immediately and make him a Product guy, since that is what he really is anyway. Let people enjoy their lives since you expect them to bleed for you 60 hours a week. When your employees take PTO, let them actually be on PTO. It is a LAW you know?

Right Product, Right Space, Right Team`

I have been working at Druva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative culture, growing quickly, excellent product with enthusiastic customers, fun environment, good people aligned with where they want the company to go, no political BS that I've seen, great office, great market opportunity

Cons

while cloud backup is the future, still need to educate in the sales process. Doing a lot--pretty much like every startup/young company however.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what doing--cranking out great product, expanding go-to-market model, keeping it fun.

6. insecure, immature and idiotic

Pros

Most of your co-workers are good people. The company thinks that having a party or giving a raise is the solution to low morale so people get rewarded nicely from time to time.

Cons

CEO is insecure and builds a very Indian-centric culture that allows execs to speak down on people. Most management is controlled by CEO who instead of helping people, just wants to look smarter than everyone else.

Advice to Management

You don't have all the answers. Let your people speak, you might learn something.

Culture lacking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Druva full-time

Pros

Perks are FRee lunch delivered everyday from the eatclub and sometimes there are friday afternoon happy hour. Beer in fridge. there are also some nice people and the office is in good location for the cal train.

Cons

very high turnover. Office culture is negative. Lacking positive advice or praise coming from the leadership to employees. Very poor communication from leadership to employees like what is the direction and reason for so many changes? . Lack of experience in leaders make them so paranoid, always questioning employees, and if you don't like it they say you can just leave today. So be cautions. So many have resigned.

Advice to Management

Appreciate employees more, otherwise they will keep quitting. Trust employees and point out their good not only just their weekness.

This is what you are looking for in an on-fire startup

I have been working at Druva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A+ product. Customers are very happy and the development team does a terrific job. Fast paced environment where people are enabled to make quick decisions. Strong players and strong coaches. Folks with an entrepreneurial spirit will thrive

Cons

Company is growing quickly and working to put processes in place that correlate with the increase in employees and customers. Some of the old processes have broken as the company has scaled.

Advice to Management

Continue your open communication to employees. Continue to enable and empower your people. Keep up the great work.

Fast paced, challenging, and rewarding.

I have been working at Druva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Transparent culture; everyone is accessible; collaborative environment; fun; fast paced. You're working with smart, ambitious people. Free snacks, daily catered lunch, free parking, volunteer opportunities. Ability to create and own projects. Creativity and problem-solving is always encouraged. I've grown so much in my time here. Totally worth the commute.

Cons

Expected growing pains of a start up--A lot to do and with limited resources. Sometimes the environment could be distracting (comes with the territory of an open work space), but if you're agile, smart, and have a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-your-hands-dirty approach, you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Great product and ambitious vision for the company. Continue your efforts to grow your people as the company grows. It's certainly appreciated and makes a difference to us!

Everything you could look for in a startup

I have been working at Druva full-time

Pros

It has a great startup atmosphere with all the perks. They are professional but also flexible in providing the resources needed for growth in your career.

Cons

Besides gaining weight from eating too many snacks and enjoying happy hour weekly, my only complaint is that it's located in Sunnyvale and I am a city person.

Advice to Management

Looks like we have a great product and I would love to see this thing being taken to the next level.

11. Great experience and friendly environment.

Current Employee - lower level in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - lower level in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Druva full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch and snacks. Short work days every Friday. Team work instead of top-down orders. Flexible hours. No micro-managing. A lot of freedom to try new things and figure things out on your own. No one gets angry with you when you make a mistake. No time card!

Cons

Although I worked hard and fulfilled my goals last quarter I did not receive 100% of my bonus, and considering my salary is lower than average I was really counting on that helping with my finances. So, it's a really good thing they feed me!

Advice to Management

Don't expect everyone to be an innovative, leading, Steve Jobs type of person; he needed people to follow him in order to be successful.

RSS Feed </> Embed