DuCharme, McMillen & Associates Reviews

4 reviews filtered by
  • Indianapolis, IN
4.5
Dave Meinika

Stable, family oriented company with long-term and high values that have a proven track record of success.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DuCharme, McMillen & Associates

Pros

Business culture that is family oriented at the core. Solid benefits, job flexibility, and promotion opportunities are steady. Company continues to look for growth both in existing business model and new areas of tax consulting. Compensation is competitive to start but has high ceiling of incentives with the right focus and drive. Great company if you want to work with great professionals who can balance business with company camaraderie. Several 10 plus year employees on board which further displays the stability of this company.

Cons

Job does require travel, planning/scheduling and has forced deadlines that can be a strain if not properly prioritized. Communication is a very important skill to have to effectively work within a team or lead a team in this company.

Advice to Management

Management has been very solid through the years with a solid core group that has been around 15 plus years. Interjecting the future leadership seems to be a need moving forward. We are building that depth/foundation in the service sector, but do not see that happening at the high management level.

A great place to kick start your career

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DuCharme, McMillen & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great thing about working at DMA is the Flex time, vacation time, the competitive pay, the company outings which enhances your teamwork skills as well as shows appreciation and the management is friendly, helpful and encouraging. Also the ability to work independently without being micromanaged. I have no complaints; it was the best decision I've made thus far.

Cons

I'd prefer more hands on training for the people who learn by doing instead of reading.

Advice to Management

I think the Management team is great. my only advice would be to continue training and talking with staff and engaging them with feedback in the areas that are open for improvement. I totally love my manager and thankful that I am apart of her team.

3. Exceptional, pleasant, focused, hard working employees, great work-life balance, benefits & compensation.

Current Employee - Indiana in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Indiana in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Good work-life balance, flex time and competitive pay. Opportunities are there - prove yourself - and they will help you succeed. No micromanaging.

Cons

Training needs to be improved throughout the Company. Managers do not give face-to-face time for feedback. Top management has a lot of years of experience only at DMA - no outside experience.

Advice to Management

Be open to change. Know that we all work for the same company and have the same end goal in mind. Take advise from the employees that have the experience in their field that you do not have.

5. Interviewing for a job position

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at DuCharme, McMillen & Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None so far researching for a job position with in the company as a Assocates Anaysta

Cons

Great beneifits and looking for traing, and office culture and returning to school.