DuPont Pioneer

DuPont Pioneer Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014

DuPont Pioneer President Paul E. Schickler

Paul E. Schickler

Pros:
  • "and the work life balance is one of the best in the industry"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They have good hourly wages for unskilled or temporary workers, and they do have fairly good benefits when a full-time position is achieved"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Heat in the fields, long hours, Lots of responsibility but get paid for it"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Upper management (department specific) often fails to recognize and acknowledge the quality efforts put forth by subordinates"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Exceptional

Rese (Current Employee)
Johnston, IA

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time for more than a year

ProsThis is an exceptional place to work. I have found it extremely rewarding and the culture is based about the growth of the employee. The company seems to be run by level headed people that care about the business and more importantly about making a difference in the world.

ConsEach year the larger Dupont seems to play a greater role in the company. I am not sure that is such a good thing. The benefits under Pioneer are exceptional and that is swiftly changing to come in line with Dupont. Some of the benefits are being lost.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to follow the core values of the company and if possible make a smoother transition to DuPont.

Excellent company to work for.

Corn Pollinator (Former Employee)
Volga, SD

I worked at DuPont Pioneer as a contractor for less than a year

ProsPays time and a half for weekend time. Cares about safety and their employees

ConsNothing negative to say about this company.

DuPont Pioneer

Research Scientist (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time for more than 8 years

ProsColleagues are great
Salary is better than average
Location in the MidWest is great for families

ConsDuPont cost management. Focus on Finance reporting areas and not on the science processes that lead to products.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand it is a company founded on Biology and Plant Breeding and not nice little buckets of effort that finance can report on. Use the Long Look in all parts of business, especially considering growth. It seems like we are too worried about the quarterly numbers.

Great Corporation with good practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at DuPont Pioneer full-time

ProsCorporate level admin. keeps the business growing by encouragement of all employees to develop and grow their skills

ConsPlant level management needs measurements to quickly get results that are sustainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementHuman Resources needs to check their files of current employees and past employees for new job opportunities. Many new hires from outside creates a "lets be like another company" vs. "use our strengths" to grow attitude.

Great Company DuPont Pioneer!

Research Associate (Current Employee)
Princeton, IL

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat People, with a great ultimate goal of creating the best products on the market!

ConsWe are a publicly traded company, which means our spending habits fluctuate frequently to appease the share holders.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees a chance to move themselves up the ladder. Give us more experience!

Good company that needs better management in IT

IM Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time for more than 8 years

ProsAttracts sharp people from all over the world. The company has been doing well over the past several years and it was fun working for a company that is growing when the rest of the economy was not doing so well

ConsThey over do their core value trainings.Research management is not very clear on setting priorities and is not effective at stopping projects that are going no where. There is more talk about doing so. Too many incompetent managers are in charge of really talented individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentifying internal talent and creating opportunities for them is needed. It has become clear that management plays favorites when it comes to promotions, and it does not feel decisions are merit based. There will be more attrition as the economy picks up!

As an intern you don't have the opportunity to grow and learn.

Field Worker (Current Employee)
Salinas, PR

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer as an intern for more than a year

ProsNo pros. And this is in Salinas, PR. I can't talk for other sites.

ConsYou need somebody (best friend or related person) in the company to help you to grow in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no professionalism in Soybean TI, need to verify what happen between the permanent party and the temporary party. They don't have respect to the temporary people, some humiliate others and when they have an issue they don't investigate just reprimand people and don't fix anything.

Rewarding work if you can stand the politics

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer full-time for more than 5 years

ProsReally meaningful work as part of a fascinating industry

ConsCorporate structure and too many "leaders" leaves this place without clear, concise direction. It equates to a burdensome level of politics and poor morale for mid-level and entry level employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house. Assess who is capable of being a leader of people and who can really drive change.

Great place to work

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer

ProsAwesome career opportunities and great future outlook

ConsNo cons at this time

Excellent place to work and learn.

Finance Intern (Current Employee)
Johnston, IA

I have been working at DuPont Pioneer as an intern for less than a year

ProsHave real hand-on experience on Projects, you can actually see your achievement; Nice work atmosphere, a lot of chances to meet high level persons and communicate with them; Plenty of internal learning resource and job opportunities.

ConsI don't see any cons right now.

Worked for DuPont Pioneer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DuPont Pioneer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for DuPont Pioneer CEO Paul E. Schickler. All 83 reviews posted anonymously by DuPont Pioneer employees.