DuPont

DuPont Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

DuPont Chairman & CEO Ellen J. Kullman

Ellen J. Kullman

Pros
  • Good work-life balance when there is no high priority activity going on(in 51 reviews)

• Great core values and respect for people(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • DuPont emphasizes respect for people at a high level but in reality the follow through is just not there(in 9 reviews)

• Below average rate of project progression due to deliberate, data driven, decision making(in 10 reviews)

Great Employer

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsFriendly, open work environment. Co-workers and supervisors were great.

ConsIf there can be more interesting stuff.

GREAT company culture

Manufacturing Technology Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOne of the main focuses are not only making a profit and meeting goals, but respecting each other and creating a positive work environment. Interns get very competitive pay. Engineers seem to have a great work-life balance here, no crazy hours.

ConsInterns do not get involved in meatier projects, which is unfortunate. Possibly because of security of information, or believing that interns cannot handle more? I don't know.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterns are only a few classes shy of being qualified engineers, please don't be afraid to give them some responsibility.

Procurement Operations

Procurement Operations (Current Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsAmazing facilities, very good Transport option- both pick and drop from home. Very good location with all possible amenities provided to employees.

ConsConfined to only one shift. But spread out for various time zones. Hopefully make it a global support centre all of them working for a european or indian timings would be preferable.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been great.

Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsIt is a great place to work and everyone is extremely nice. I have had many great opportunities presented to me, and they are hiring young people.

ConsMost of the work revolves around science (it is a science company), so if you really do not like science then you may not be interested.

DuPont MBA Summer Internship

Summer Intern (Former Employee) Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsA well-designed LDP internship. Managers and mentors are very supportive. The internal consulting/marketing based projects are well defined and require your MBA level knowledge, thinking, and communication skills to solve business challenges.

ConsThe program is very competitive, so if you want to succeed, you really need to put a lot of efforts on the projects. Though it is challenging, the experiences are very rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I am satisfied with the management style.

Sourcing at DuPont

Senior Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsA strong and very Ethical Company

ConsSlow Career opportunities for employees

Great company to work and stay with

Business Director (Former Employee) Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

ProsGreat possibilities for professional growth. Expanded alternatives for gaining international experience. Multiple businesses that provide you with a very broad range of industry experiences.

ConsAs with many large companies, politics are a con here.

Advice to Senior ManagementDuPont have great people management strategies and tools. Use them so that promotions are based on merits rather than politics.

Excellent

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Vadodara (India)

Prospretty open culture , visible empowerment , vibrant leadership

Consmatrix organisation , less/negligible investment @ South asia.

Advice to Senior ManagementNil

Great company to work for

AFT (Current Employee) Moncks Corner, SC

ProsManagement has open door and actually listens to employees

ConsA little slow to adapt to new technology

Contiuos development at DuPont

Global Finance Manager (Current Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsCompanies does the max for your development; values diversity and strong innovation leadership.

ConsCompany pushing you constantly to deliver your potential. Makes the most for your development.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt critical times, workload still in the shoulders of a few, who deliver. Raising the bar needs to continue to get rid of below required performers.

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!