Duke Energy

Updated Jul 25, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Lynn J. Good

Pros
  • Flexible Schedules, very manageable workload, Good Benefits(in 13 reviews)

• There is a good work/life balance, but only if your manager upholds this value(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The inability of local management to offer or guarantee a co-op student a full-time job upon graduation can be frustrating(in 4 reviews)

• You can get put in some high stress situations and work long hours on depending on what is going on at that time(in 3 reviews)

Great Company

Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits, time off policies and community involvement

ConsGrowth, Pay, old school mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace older management with younger management

Excellent

ProsGreat people to work for

ConsNo5 hang negative to say about

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice for the management thanks

Positive summer internship

Intern (Former Employee)

ProsInternship provided the right mix of training and room for experimentation that allowed me to take a lot away by the end of the summer. All the team members were great to work with and always took time out their day to help me when I needed it.

ConsNot many negatives here outside the typical large corporation complaints. It can take a while to see movement on a project given the bureaucracy found in companies this large. Compensation wasn't bad for an intern, but wasn't great either.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing

Associate Business Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIt was like a family. Incredible place to work, everyone is so friendly and helpful.

ConsIf you don't work in the DEC building, at least it's nice to look at from the window of whichever more shabby Duke building you're in.

Highly recommend, very supportive of Employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is focused on growth and continuous improvement. IT and CIO offer an outstanding service model. Lots of opportunities, good pay, and above average benefits

ConsSome instances of a "boys club" in the company leadership still exist. Company mergers and acquisitions have made consolidation and eliminations necessary so some employment risk

Project Intern

Project Intern (Former Employee) Lyford, TX

ProsGreat company with many different opportunities.

ConsDid not stay with company long enough to encounter any negatives.

lead engineer

Lead Engineer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosjob security and good pay / benefits

Conspromotional opportunities are not much

My experience was pleasant and the company always put safety first.

Fire Watch (Current Employee) Seneca, SC

ProsSafety regulations and procedures were extensive and followed through very well.

ConsAt the Oconee plant there was not enough parking during outages and it caused issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter parking system

Marketing Manager

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsDuke Energy is an excellent company with great benefits.

ConsI do not have anything negative to say about Duke Energy. I worked there for 27 years which tells you how much I loved working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great job that you are doing. I love that Duke Energy is a progressive utility.

Great place to work

Distribution Dispatcher (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsDuke really seems to invest in their employees. There are many programs available, including tuition reimbursement. If you are motivated, the company genuinely appears to be willing to help you upgrade yourself and your career.

ConsSome of the more senior employees are not very receptive to Duke wanting to advance both the company and it's employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a position to assist employees that want to upgrade themselves find applicable programs that would best suit their career goals.

Worked for Duke Energy? Contribute to the Community!